Forums

Help › Forums

Had ENOUGH....

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 25 2014 11:44 PM (53 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:08 PM

Been there, was there, and actually have the Tee shirt..long sleeve actually with all the names* on the back. It was Dec. 1983, the ARMS concert's 1st opening night with 3 main headliners: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. It was like Jimmy's return to Madison Sq. Garden, NYC after the death of John Bonham (1980)

I was a few rows away from the stage, visible in many of the camera shots in this DVD of this entire, epic concert. Beck opened his set w/ Star Cycle, the big hit for us high schoolers at the time, from his album 'There and Back'.

" Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Bill Wyman, Kenney Jones, Charlie Watts, Joe Cocker, Ronnie Wood, Jeff Beck, the late Ian Stewart (piano for the Stones) , Simon Phillips, Jan Hammer , Chris Stainton, Andy Fairweather-Low, the late Ronnie Lane, Paul Rodgers Ray Cooper (percussion for Elton John, Clapton..) & more...

What a concert that was..I think the tickets were 35 bucks.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:17 PM

alcaucin:

^^ Just because..

Saul feels it...

Like we all did, pissin around in ya bedroom back when....

EDIT : gotta get to the end,  Axel conducting...what a tune !!

Cue Exhalation.....................Aah :)

One of my all time favorites, glad I got to see the original cast before they imploded.

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:24 PM

getting my best friends girl pregnant, than tricking the &*(& into raising the lil *(&^&

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 11:44 PM

This is the version I like...Clapton's sustain guitar solo starts at 2:20 and that rip at 2:56. The late Jack Bruce timbre at 4:40 says it all.

RSS