Forums

Help › Forums

I'm not mad then!!!.

Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:31 AM (65 replies)
  • rqueen
    57 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:22 PM

That is what I usually do.  Just sometimes it gets frustrating when I know I made a good putt and it breaks the wrong way.  LOL

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:22 AM

I see you edited your post JF and just now noticed you added this....

JFidanza:
    But what the OP is experiencing is not what you have shown! It's a different situation.

Really JF?  Care to explain how what I've shown is not what the OP experienced?

Or is this another

JFidanza:
    ARRIGGH I was bluffing! I have no idea.

From this thread.?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:04 AM

andyson:

I can explain if you like. The pin on no. 1 at Cabo is cut in a valley as you have correctly identified. Miss the shot pin high to the left or right of the hole, and you will be putting downhill to the hole, then back up the other side of the valley straight after. There are a few holes on Cabo and Whistler like this, due to sadistic choice of pin placement.

The OP is more likely describing putting past the hole on a continuous downslope, yet not having the putt back as showing uphill on the elevation indicator. As I've already explained in this post, many holes on WGT are mapped as approx. 1 inch underground. Understanding this is the one of the first steps in going from an average putter to a reasonable one.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:04 PM

andyson:

What I've experienced is just like the OP. The putt goes down down down down from the first angle, then you hit past the hole and it goes down down down down down. (never up in any way in elevation)

Nothing like the occasional valley that you have shown, but both situations exist. But that doesn't mean that one is the other!

If it was the same , I would have noticed, as it is plainly obvious as you assert and I agree. But it's different, and I can't speak for the OP but I have experienced it for myself, for sure, several times.

You may disagree. I'm just saying what I observe...approximately.

..but you edited out the 'LOL' after the facetious bluffing remark, since clubs, ball and VEM vary with player and skill level I somewhat avoided your digression about power adjustments because I wanted to focus on wind bearing. The method has worked for me and the results aren't bad IMHO.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:45 PM

fmagnets:
    The OP is more likely describing putting past the hole on a continuous downslope, yet not having the putt back as showing uphill on the elevation indicator.

More likely?  I don't think so.  We don't know how far past the hole he checked or how far past the hole his 1st putt was.  My example is the same as the OP's as it does reflect what he reported and demonstrates how it happened.  And I did say "It's a worthwhile effort to check more than a foot behind the hole."

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:59 PM

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:09 PM

iaa R ( R ) V ft 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:20 PM

JFidanza:

andyson:

What I've experienced is just like the OP. The putt goes down down down down from the first angle, then you hit past the hole and it goes down down down down down. (never up in any way in elevation)

That's not an explanation of why you say what I've shown is not what the OP reported!  Just because you believe otherwise. My example matches what the OP reported.

JFidanza:
    Nothing like the occasional valley that you have shown, but both situations exist. But that doesn't mean that one is the other!

The valleys are more frequent than the elevation mapping bug you claim exists.

JFidanza:
    I can't speak for the OP but I have experienced it for myself, for sure, several times.

So show us!  Where's the bug?

JFidanza:
    but you edited out the 'LOL' after the facetious bluffing remark

The LOL, as I read it, was indicating self-deprecating humor and the statement did not read as facetious, I took it as true as you never answered the questions.

JFidanza:
    The method has worked for me and the results aren't bad IMHO.

Congrats on the 2nd place!  At Level 99, with the best equipment, from the Tour Master tees with TM greens I expect you should have many, many more.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:44 PM

No, Andyson, I went on to tell you that the method has worked and power was besides the point. We can disagree to disagree as you wish.

Many people have pointed out the downhill putt on both sides and it's obvious that it's not the valley or else that would have be pointed out long ago. WGT has a bug report system and maybe players would help them and report it but it seems to be a small issue, plus I have a good idea, like what fmagnets has indicated, why it happens, and I just play on... 

But I didn't use the best equipment, as many do, I used the R1 (BB is better, I have both), Nike 85s, BB3w at 245yd, and Callaway 37 at 275 creds. I even used the Spider L92 and I have the Versa L97 but better clubs don't make the ball magically go in the hole, in fact, as VEM states the precision of a club will not increase until the skill level does. But you can make up more stuff to make yourself feel better, I won't stop you. Just 12 months for me here on WGT and it was the low end USA ball that got me my 3rd HIO, but go figure.  

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:53 PM

JFidanza:
    better clubs don't make the ball magically go in the hole, in fact, as VEM states the precision of a club will not increase until the skill level does.

RSS