Forums

Help › Forums

I'm not mad then!!!.

Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:31 AM (65 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 9:01 PM

What is this mapping 1 inch underground and mapping 1 inch in the air ?

WTH difference does it make if u always putt for it to go past the hole by nearly 2 feet, which is what all good putters do.

Look at Zach Johnson and Jordan Speith, how they putt.

Here is no different.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 9:46 PM

JFidanza:
    Give some advice on how to get the carousel working normally again and I would be really impressed.

I seriously don't care if you're impressed or not! 

It should be a piece of cake for you to shoot 10 or so sub 30 rounds in the next week with your clubs from the master tees if you got game.    Or you can go and play your cartoon golf.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 10:44 PM

andyson:

JFidanza:
    Give some advice on how to get the carousel working normally again and I would be really impressed.

I seriously don't care if you're impressed or not! 

It should be a piece of cake for you to shoot 10 or so sub 30 rounds in the next week with your clubs from the master tees if you got game.    Or you can go and play your cartoon golf.

Nice try to get me sucked into watching more ads  (carousel not working, sadly, anyway) or burning up the coin on a game that is getting, generally, worse w/ every update. But it won't work at this time.

WGT has better sounds than JN 'plywood trees' but I don't hear camera SWOOSH SWOOSH for no reason. (BTW I suggested WGT lose the SWOOSH long ago, too bad they didn't listen) 

That cartoon golf (Nicklaus) is much harder and that's why I guess you hate it. The difference is that the engine doesn't suffer all the problems WGT has been facing.

No unrealistic scores on Jack Nicklaus, though, even in the easy modes. If you compare you will find WGT to be a more involved game, but overall, IMHO the games are just about the same amount of interest, all things considered.

The thing w/ JNSE is that you don't have to click on depression ads for several hours or take your credit card out to by a sleeve.

But since WGT mirrored a high percentage of their game after the great Jack Nicklaus Signature edition, you can see many similar aspects of the game are there and there is a challenge to both games.

In fact, word is is that for Jack Nicklaus 4 : "The next day the programmer announced, "I've solved the problem! I just moved the metal cup down one inch below the top of the hole and now the balls go in properly."  Coincidence I guess.

Streaming JN on Twitch is just a billion times better than WGT because there is minimal meter stuttering in comparison, fact of life. The biggest complaint why people don't stream WGT is the meter flicker, etc.  

I know you're about to flame Yancy now because he's at master level 90 and playing a few years longer than me, huh?  Don't consider it. These friends of mine, like opy, are better players but they pace themselves as they choose, many playing 'just to have fun' and I choose to follow their lead. Sorry if you don't agree with our choice.

I hope to give it a try in the future, and since WGT is not a cartoon company, I'm sure they'll have the carousel back to normal, someday real soon....or week, or month. I keep checkin' for your sake. 

edit: 'go back to my (arcade/cartoon) Jack Nicklaus Signature Edition..etc.'

You couldn't stop me if you tried.

The Golden Bear wouldn't put his name on this bug infested money pit.

The JNSE game is almost 30 years old and it has never got worse as this does each update.

Have fun playing dress up w/ your wgt avatars, which FYI are cartoons. It seems you failed, once again, to grasp the reality of the game you are, pitifully, still playing.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 8:03 AM

Nice try diverting the attention from the issue at hand.  But when will you be posting sub 30 rounds to provide credibility to all the game advice you give?  High level 85 & 97 clubs from the TM tees, should be easy for you.

Let's agree on two things.

1. The WGT game has gone downhill.

2. Its inappropriate to drag our friends Yancy and Opy into this discussion.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 8:59 AM

JFidanza:
    You haven't read the thread so you're just speculating.

^^(Response directed to Andyson  Moose.)

I have and this is no speculation, you're way out of line. You have nothing to back up what you say and apparently think dragging Mags into this gives you some semblance of credibility, given his prowess (which is light years ahead of yours.) You don't have credibility and by continuing to put down  an extremely educated AND experienced player you're just making yourself look more foolish.

Give it a rest, go back to your arcade golf because you're not looking so good here.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:31 AM

YankeeJim:
    JFidanza:
    You haven't read the thread so you're just speculating.

Actually YJ, I took that as being directed towards me, and found it quite funny he would assume I hadn't read the thread, an' I would just barge in without doin' my homework. Ah well.

Doc :)

RSS