Forums

Help › Forums

I'm not mad then!!!.

Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:31 AM (65 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 8:45 PM

JFidanza:
    Many people have pointed out the downhill putt on both sides and it's obvious that it's not the valley or else that would have be pointed out long ago.

What is obvious is the "valley" exists.  Show us the other!

JFidanza:
    But I didn't use the best equipment, as many do, I used the R1 (BB is better, I have both), Nike 85s, BB3w at 245yd, and Callaway 37 at 275 creds. I even used the Spider L92 and I have the Versa L97 but better clubs don't make the ball magically go in the hole,

No they don't.  But they enable getting the ball closer to the hole on approaches due to their longer yardages and stopping power.  Its really quite odd you have the best equipment and don't learn them and use them.

JFidanza:
    in fact, as VEM states the precision of a club will not increase until the skill level does.

This has nothing to do with you having but not using the best clubs?

@PaulTon  LMAO!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:58 PM

Have done some tests on slopes.

It's not so much that the hole is mapped lower than it should be, but that the ball that hovers nearly 1 inch up in the air. Perhaps it is as simple as WGT taking the centre of the ball (which would be 0.84 inches off the ground), but putting the elevation marker on the putting surface.

You can see that on a continuous upslope, the marker shows -1 inch very close downhill of the ball (sometimes, though not here, actually on the ball), but +1 inch a long way past it. Essentially the ball is marked as being 1 inch up in the air, which means the marker is showing nearly 1 inch of downward elevation more than it should.

If you are already a good putter, you will already have allowed for this, perhaps without realising. But if you come up with a very accurate putting formula, it will usually be 1 inch of elevation (translating to approx 1 foot of distance) out unless you account for this.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:30 AM

@Paul that made me laugh

Well, AS, I tried the G25 lower level 59s and I was getting better results than both Nike's so I like to change around. I can't explain it. Maybe if I move up tiers I'll use the Versa and 97s more, IDK.

I see in the BPB tourney a L73 TM player w/ all clubs under L59 and L35 putter came in 2nd place, but a L98 TM player w/BB driver and 3W L97 (250y) and Versa L96 putter came in 112th. Should be the other way around? ...because..like you said.

After a look around Kia I agree (yea!) I don't see that mapping circumstance, yet, and now I'm seeing what fmagnets is saying and maybe that's it. It's the way the ball is mapped and that's no big deal at all. If I see something odd then I'll record it.

But I did notice the sloping dots (in the 'vertical' grid indicator) DO MOVE in opposite directions and all the dots look a little weird but that's good to know it's showing the true cant. (I think it was Kai #3)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 3:02 AM

Meltdown imminent.........

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 6:02 AM

JFidanza:
    Well, AS, I tried the G25 lower level 59s and I was getting better results than both Nike's so I like to change around. I can't explain it.

The reason for that is probably the fact that you played with G20-25s for a longer time before and you got used to what power to use and how far from the pin you should set the marker in crosswinds. If you play the same way with Nikes, you'll be off by a long way, because the higher spin level they have will move your shot MUCH more. Especially the L97 ones, I presume.

I own the L85 ones and even when I switched fro the L61 RZN ball to the L90 RZN black, the differences in yardages with full bs were huge. Then I bought R11s and the difference was even bigger. That's why I switched back to Nikes, cause I had them dialed in by then and didn't care to take 3 weeks to learn, how the wind affects the ball with that half a point more spin on R11s. I decided to forfeit that 5 yards 3i difference in favour of knowing pretty well, where my ball will land at the moment I click.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 6:03 AM

rqueen:
    Another thing, be very careful what you post on here as well.  If they do not like what you say, that will affect your game as well.  Since my last couple of posts on some of the other posts, suddenly not one single shot I have hit has been anywhere near the realm of anybody's reality.

LMAO

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 7:38 AM

mkrizan86:

rqueen:
    Another thing, be very careful what you post on here as well.  If they do not like what you say, that will affect your game as well.  Since my last couple of posts on some of the other posts, suddenly not one single shot I have hit has been anywhere near the realm of anybody's reality.

LMAO

LOL, that was my personal favourite.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:41 AM

JFidanza:
    I see in the BPB tourney a L73 TM player w/ all clubs under L59 and L35 putter came in 2nd place, but a L98 TM player w/BB driver and 3W L97 (250y) and Versa L96 putter came in 112th. Should be the other way around? ...because..like you said.

LMAO!  That's absurd! (to use Faterson's favorite word) My statement applies to an individual. Given their skill set, learning and using better clubs will get you closer to the hole on approach.

You picked some poor examples.  It took me a while to find the BPB tournament with those two players. (a link woulda been nice)

Your L98 TM with the better clubs has 3,682 rounds and either doesn't care about improving  or really likes being TM.  Their average score has not improved over the last 200 rounds. And BTW, L98 uses WGT GI3-S rocks.

Your L73 TM with all clubs under L59 has 248 rounds and just made Legend yesterday!  He knows how to play and is much improved over his last 200 rounds. L73 uses Nike L40 & L61 premium balls.

Looking at the 200 rounds in both player's score history and taking a straight average of their 1st 20 rounds and latest 20 rounds. (Removing any scores from BOP3 and BOP5 and multiplying 9hole scores by 2 of course)

1st 20 avg.                  latest 20 avg.             Change

L98                        69.5                                69.8                       +0.3

L73                        75.5                                67.7                       -7.8

Looking further at their activities...

L98 has not purchased any new clubs during the entire 200 ranked rounds listed.

L73 did purchase new wedges, irons, and 3W so he upgraded.  And coincidently, he upgrade the day before his 20th latest round.  To be clear, his latest 20 rounds were shot with his new G25 irons, 3W, and wedges.  So I calculated his average for the prior 20 rounds (rounds 40 to 21), before he upgraded his irons. Guess what?

His average with his old clubs was 69.90, 2.3 strokes worse than with his new, better clubs!

To be clear, L73's average improved by 2.3 strokes with the better clubs.

That's my point.

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 9:54 AM

fmagnets:

Essentially the ball is marked as being 1 inch up in the air, which means the marker is showing nearly 1 inch of downward elevation more than it should.

After 3 of your posts in this thread I think I understand what you are saying, no reflection on your previous explanations :) Your sentence quoted above did it for me.  Thank you for this insight!  It explains how a player can face a 2nd downslope putt on turning around to face the hole after a longer downslope or flat 1st putt that goes a short distance past the hole.  -Keith

@ Paul LOL you are having way too much fun

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:16 PM

andyson:

That's my point.

I see now. There is a phenomenon that exist beyond the 'valley' situation, and I agree with fmagnets. 

I did not win that tie for 2nd place with the best clubs even though I have the higher level clubs. 

Second place can be won with clubs lower than L60. You self-contradict your impetuous assumption by then grasping at straws and saying 'why haven't you learned to master the best clubs?'.  Opy has done a great job with the rock and clubs lower than the Nikes as he and I won the match against Shoe & Icon, who uses the 97s and Nike 90 ball. (replay and recording available on request)

I remain humble enough to, again, ask for a mentor in these forums, and I might take advice from you but if it's going to be (as you admit) grumpy attacks then I may take your own suggestion to ignore you, and you can take your fish back because this time you need it.

Anyone still in denial can re-read the thread and see what I have said. You can digress off the topic and flame me all you want, whatever it take to make you feel happy, at least for a second, we all might be all for that! 

You're right wiger, andy is contradicting himself in another grumpy meltdown.

I can't believe how some people can think that mags doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't be insane.

• RSS