Forums

Help › Forums

CC vs CC Event

Wed, Mar 14 2018 5:17 AM (977 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:27 PM
    I just stumbled on this in the game client, and the timer is counting down. Does this mean someone started the clash without anyone knowing about it
  • PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:27 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

They can enter as many times as they have passes.  All the points count towards their club total.  So if they have 10 passes they can enter 1 clash 10 times or spread it out over the entire event.  Completely up to them.

- WGTdbloshoe

Of course they can enter as many times as they want, wgt want to sell these passes.

A fairer way would be to limit the match to the same max number of players and single play but where's the profit in that eh?  Thanks but no thanks.  I'll be spending my spare playing time on a decent Inter CC event like the Grand Prix currently in progress.

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:29 PM

Shoe:

Go to the event

click on EVENT REWARDS

Position 1 gets CC Pass X5 /  Speed Boost Ultra / Max Putter

etc.

that is what I was asking about.

The benefit of finishing inside the top 250....

Ed

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:29 PM

fmagnets:

Is there any purpose to winning an individual clash, or is the only point of this day-long exercise to finish in the no.1 leaderboard spot to get the magic putter? If the latter, it's hard to see how a smaller club could hope to compete on this overall leaderboard with clubs of 250 active members.

You get bonus points for winning your clash. So yes beneficial to win the clash.

- WGTdbloshoe

2,111 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:30 PM

Just played in my first 2 CC clashes and think this is a really neat idea.  Great idea WGT!  Now how about a CC vs. CC clash option, but your definitely got something here so much appreciated!!!

Phil

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:33 PM

Stryder1261:

Played my 1st clash and it's BS !!!!   greens & break don't play whats shown and the wind is off ! into the wind, adjust for it, bye bye way long and with the wind adjust for it hit less and OMG way, way short !!  Putting Calc's are crap on it ! Basically WGT stroke play settings not the same settings we get in CC's even tho it says the same !!!  A bunch BS !!!  and even skilled CC's ???  you matched my level 6 35 member CC against a level 5 119 member CC ??  WTF ???  Thats Fair ???  what a bunch of Morons who came up with this instead of giving us a new stroke play course !!!

I thought it played as advertised.

Bearing in mind we just had a down time, did you clear your Flash cache before playing?

• Catesharkette2
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:33 PM

this format works well for the big clubs with over 200 plus members so when u putt a club with 245 members against a small club with say 30 to 40 members there will be only one winner FACT xp well and good but no prize at the end small clubs will loose out there for sure but its fun I just think it needs addressing just my opinion

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:37 PM

Clash - Event - what about the definitions?

The Clash ends in 25 hours,

the event in 1 hour,

the clash within in 5 hours.

????

It's 10 pm here now.

What do you expect that our members do during worktime tomorrow? Take a day off - without announcement - for this game and for a gold coloured putter?

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:37 PM

Stryder1261:

Played my 1st clash and it's BS !!!!   greens & break don't play whats shown and the wind is off ! into the wind, adjust for it, bye bye way long and with the wind adjust for it hit less and OMG way, way short !!  Putting Calc's are crap on it ! Basically WGT stroke play settings not the same settings we get in CC's even tho it says the same !!!  A bunch BS !!!  and even skilled CC's ???  you matched my level 6 35 member CC against a level 5 119 member CC ??  WTF ???  Thats Fair ???  what a bunch of Morons who came up with this instead of giving us a new stroke play course !!!

Oh dear baby Jesus.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:38 PM

Catesharkette2:

this format works well for the big clubs with over 200 plus members so when u putt a club with 245 members against a small club with say 30 to 40 members there will be only one winner FACT xp well and good but no prize at the end small clubs will loose out there for sure but its fun I just think it needs addressing just my opinion

I agree, maybe make it single play and only the first 30 scores from a club count.

The only thing is WGT would lose out on a lot of pass sales.

Cat, hell, chance.  We don't even need to join the dots do we?

RSS