Wed, Mar 14 2018 5:17 AM (977 replies)
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 7:30 PM

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 7:39 PM

moosetaya:

The first ever GOLDEN PUTTER recipient will forever be labeled a cheat.

What a shame.

This is what I was against......   the club was playing within the rules set up by Wgt and other clubs was doing/playing the same rules. I'm surprised they haven't popped in with a reply yet....lol

A Cheat to me, is somebody using a Cheat Program to gain advantage/win in a comp for personnel gain and should be banned for life.

It is a shame when people playing within the rules....  no matter how hard those rules are to understand to be called CHEATS.  It's not right Peeps.

Ok, we all know how to win...  Next comp, is open slather.    Go Get Em...lol

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 7:44 PM

wilducrest:
    so if you have anything bad to say about my friends, you can kiss it

this is a level of loyalty i can appreciate and tip the cap to 

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:03 PM

So how would the CC be colluding with other CC's in that chat?

never said ur cc was colluding with other ccs wil.

there was collusion between members of UR cc to play the best of putting many many times over.

and utilising this loophole to gain an unfair advantage over the second placed team.

ive known u for a long time wil and we're friends .

but i aint kissing anything ur offering up!

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:07 PM

Shameful unsportsmanship....If that's a word.

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:22 PM

a lot of reading of this thread i have this comment

it concerns me that a person or persons went out of their way to find this loophole 

this alone without using the info indicates these people are using other means to gain an advantage

that being said i have noticed that WGT has done the ostrich way of dealing with this

btw my club still hasnt got our prize which im in no doubt we are NOT alone 

ROO

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:32 PM

You know what is really good in my thinking about this thread....lol

I actually changed everybody from using the word 'Cheat' to 'Loophole'.

Well done everybody, ya just made my whole Year.....lol

I posted this in the music thread....  about time we look or read something that puts a smile on our faces :)        as I know what ya thinking...wtf.....lol

• OopsieMcDuff
    22 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:46 PM

Wow -- what kind of crap is that? Our club -- the 2nd place/legitimate winners of the event -- did not utilize any exploits to gain our points. We had a par 5 tourney set up --- but you wont find any points raised from it during the clash, because everyone was burning their passes on the damn clash games, nor is it set up in "easy" mode -- well what one would think of as "easy" mode. It definitely could be easier lol. 

The point isn't the putter -- I think that's been beaten to death. Shame on the caviar dude for accepting it and on Sean for doling it out. The point is discovering an exploit -- and utilizing it to win an event against other clubs with other people spending their cash and playing it fairly. Instead of continuing to exploit it he probably (or anyone else for that matter) should have reported it instead.

I can't believe that nobody here has not played any online gaming before -- if you did, you would know what happens to people that are found out to be exploiting a game.

Cheaters? Exploiters? Rule-benders? Rule-non-understanders? The rules seemed pretty clear to me. Hey, you can dress a turd in whatever outfit you want -- but when it walks out of the fitting room and twirls in front of the mirrors, its still just a turd.

C'mon people. WGT, refund our credits/passes/balls and at least say something about it so we all can move on and get back to raising our averages.

Lookin' forward to the next CC Clash btw... not.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:57 PM

One option:   Club members may play as often as they want or can afford but only one score would count. Most would say use the highest score but using the average is an option. Big pockets still have an advantage and WGT still sells a lot of passes.

Another thought: When the head to head is over, use only the same number of players form each club. A small elite club would have a great  advantage then.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 8:59 PM

ladyluck87:

Congrats Augusta National CC for winning the cc vs cc clash....after all that has been said and done...a win is a win.....

its a pity that only one person got to enjoy the prize...while it takes lots of credits and team effort to achieve it....hope its worth it ...now enjoy!!

Wow just wow, they admitted to using a loop hole, shame on them and Chad, for setting up this cash cow!

RSS