Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club FAQ

Tue, Oct 17 2017 8:50 AM (84 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2015 8:45 PM

Why does the list stop at level 16? My club will reach level 18 tomorrow.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2015 10:12 PM

courteneyfish:
    Why does the list stop at level 16? My club will reach level 18 tomorrow.

Its because at level 18 you will get your Pony and WGT are avoiding that.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2015 11:03 PM

Good for a laugh, Shrude, but I rather want to hide my tears.

We are speaking of the most active CCs and players in the game, and WGT does nothing for them (except some putter pals):

- 2 CCs are on the brink to level 14 which has never shown any benefits,

- 9 are at level 14 or more, having experienced this achievement without benefits,

- of the latter, 2 will see "no benefits at level 17" shortly,

- and 2 are going to take the third slap in their faces at level 18 in no time.

That adds to 11 honorable communities and 2,500 members who cleary show by this list that the long-time disregard for CCs has never stopped. It was only hidden once when they introduced their money-making CC points & levels scheme.

And what will the next Clash bring? Will the "buy passes without Clash points" bug be resolved? I doubt so - the "Dance around the Golden Calf" contest may most probably be distorted again.

Seeing this, I stand firm in my opinion to NEVER EVER buy a CC pass again!

• EasyEdward
    13,496 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 1:09 PM

alosso:

Good for a laugh, Shrude, but I rather want to hide my tears.

We are speaking of the most active CCs and players in the game, and WGT does nothing for them (except some putter pals):

- 2 CCs are on the brink to level 14 which has never shown any benefits,

- 9 are at level 14 or more, having experienced this achievement without benefits,

- of the latter, 2 will see "no benefits at level 17" shortly,

- and 2 are going to take the third slap in their faces at level 18 in no time.

That adds to 11 honorable communities and 2,500 members who cleary show by this list that the long-time disregard for CCs has never stopped. It was only hidden once when they introduced their money-making CC points & levels scheme.

And what will the next Clash bring? Will the "buy passes without Clash points" bug be resolved? I doubt so - the "Dance around the Golden Calf" contest may most probably be distorted again.

Seeing this, I stand firm in my opinion to NEVER EVER buy a CC pass again!

Good points there Alosso.  (and as an aside your statistics are pretty darn close to 100% accurate)

I will add a few things:

1) The top 50 CCs from a CC XP standpoint have just in excess of 10,000 members.

2) These 50 CCs have, as of yesterday at noon WGT time, amassed 806,758,928 CCXPs  (that is right almost 807 MILLION CC XPs).

I have no way of telling what percentage of these 50 CCs have what percentage of active players other than the one I belong to, The Peoples Club, but I come to the same conclusion as you do: these are the CCs that WGT should be supporting them 100% not as you say: "disregarding them."

I for one was a tad disappointed when I read in the Upcoming Product Release there was nothing for CCs other than "additional Country Club Officer privileges." which had to make me laugh a bit because as of now they have none so what is additional? (Note: if you say they did say things about CC Events - I believe that has to do with the CC Clash which as I think most agree add little if any positive value to CCs).

What I would like WGT to have said is something along the lines of:

1) Ability of CC owner to delegate specific owner powers to a selected officer(s).

2) Implementation of a CC Bank where CC members can contribute credits to a CC Fund that can be used by the CC Owner and/or Owner appointed officer(s)

3) Increased CC Member Benefits for achieving CC Level 17 and higher with incentives such as: 1)  decreased wait times between free passes 2) Buy 3 sleeves of balls at the same time and get 10 instead of 9 balls 3) The first weekend of the month is a free rental weekend 4) Rental costs deducted from the purchase price if you buy during the rental period 5) Free CC Passes for your CC Bank that can be awarded as prizes.  Heck my list goes on and I am sure there are other great ideas.

But as I said when we discovered it would take 8.24 Million CC XPs to get to level 17 my best guess was that the "reward" for getting those 8.24 (looks like in about 20 hours for The Peoples Club) will probably nothing more than knowing the next level is 13.2 Million (my best wild guess) for another level of nothing gained for a ton of effort.

If my guess of an increase of 13.2 million is to attain Level 19 once Level 18 is achieved is correct that would be more than what all but 21 CCs have accumulated in the last 241 days since this was introduced.  All for .....? 

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 1:38 PM

Thanks for your intense reply Edward!

I won't go to further detail or further points, just add a few personal thoughts.

After writing and re-reading my last post, I wondered why I put so much effort into the subject... because normally I'm not thinking much of it. On second thought, I should thank the company for this clear display of their priorities: Away from here.

There's no priority for those benefits,

there's no priority for CCs,

there's apparently no priority for any of us.

Another reason for me NOT to put any priority in their benefit. Never buy CC passes!

Concerning your wishlist, I only have the same old to say:

They are WGT, hope is futile!

• EasyEdward
    13,496 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 3:47 PM

Alosso:

Well certainly I am the more optimistic of the two.

I just did a quick analysis of The Peoples Club stats. (we (or maybe that is I) keep way too many LOL).

Our 248 members last month played 11,161 Ranked rounds (so forgetting about all the practice rounds or the numerous Alt Shot and Match Plays going on. There is some information that can be gleaned from this one number.

WGT's rough income just from ball usage just from Ranked rounds.

A single ball lasts about 4 rounds and there are 3 in a sleeve. So dividing 11,161 by 12 we find that the members would need to have bought 930 sleeves of balls just to play our ranked rounds.

The Peoples Club is composed of about 91% Tour Master and above members. So the balls used will typically be on the expensive end of the scale.

Say an average of $5 (oh I mean 500 credits a sleeve - oops).  930 sleeves of these balls makes WGT money - about $4,600 in March. So about $55,800 in a year just from one of the most active clubs in WGT.

In another post somewhere I mentioned that a computer programing engineer in San Francisco makes just under $100,000 a year. Taken to an illogical extreme - that basically means The Peoples Club all pays for 20 hours a week of the programers salary. Note this is not the true cost to WGT for the programing engineer as it does not include benefits or other cost of operation like space costs for the employee.

The first question for WGT is quite simple as this game further matures.

Focus their attention on attracting new players who come and go quickly spending a small amount if anything OR focus their energies on supporting a loyal fan base who form the basis for the entire operation while having a natural growth of new players discovering the game?

The second question and the harder one  for WGT is how to support the chosen group without decreasing their profit margin?

If they choose the flash in the pan - get them in and maybe they will spend - approach then they have to focus on things to attract new players like a mobile android version that takes a few minutes to play.

My personal opinion on that approach is: OK fine but how do you get them to spend money as why would they care to? I, for one just do not see this approach working all that well. However it is the easier way to go because the number crunching is all done - one has to know that WGT has the numbers that would answer: "On average a new recruit to WGT will spend X.XX dollars.

On the other hand.

If they choose keeping and increasing their loyal fan base then what they need to do is to offer them incentives to both keep playing and spending at least as much if not more than they have been amongst the fan base and attract a new set of players to be involved.

My personal opinion is that this is the way to go BUT the problem WGT has is there is a lot of number crunching on the cost versus benefit of maintaining and increasing the play of the base. In this there is also a lot of uncertainty - there is no experience for them to say with any degree of certainty (for example) that giving members of Level 19 CCs a free CC Pass every 6 hours instead of every 12 hours will generate more revenue overall from ball sales then just having those CC members buy a CC Pass if they want to once a day.

In the end it is all the bottom line as WGT is a business. So the decision is theirs.

None-the-less, I still feel optimistic that WGT will figure out that they get more income from keeping a loyal fan than they do from focusing more of their energy on bringing 100 new ones in.  They can find a balance and I hope they do before they see more of their loyal customers saying enough is enough because then this great game will totally unravel - look at their web traffic data in another post (I forget who posted it) it seems to be already happening.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:42 PM

Look what they are doing:

Still no comment here, and CC Level 17 still shows "More Levels coming soon", but 2:36 hours after my last comment, Typhoon and Mr. S stir "joking about ShamWow" in the Introduction thread.

Some clues:

- Ignorance continues,

- The company continues to keep quiet about controversal subjects,

- People's reaction on this name obviously follows their intention.

This is serious moderation work, or is it not?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 7:41 AM

alosso:
    Typhoon and Mr. S stir "joking about ShamWow"

Maybe we're missing the whole meaning .... Wow WGT is a Sham!

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 8:38 AM

ZioMio:
    Maybe we're missing the whole meaning .... Wow WGT is *beep*

I dare not read it, much less reply...

• EasyEdward
    13,496 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 10:06 AM

The 13.2 million guess I made a few posts ago was only off by 1.2 million (on the low side of course).  It turns out to be 14.4 million.

I just looked at the top 50 CCs in WGT from a standpoint of CC XP generation and what it will take to attain Level 19 which gets a CC absolutely nothing. Needless to say it will take a long time for most of the 50 of them.

What I found was the numbers of days it will take these CCs to reach Level 19 range from a low of 77 days to a high of 1,980 days (or 5.4 YEARS!) with an overall average of 580 days.

Again these are just the most active 50 CCs of the 44,000+ WGT has and represent just about 10,000 active WGT members.

One would think that WGT could and should support these CCs with a lot more effort.

Ed

As an aside: I also note that this has been a pinned post since it was started back in September yet today I come in and see it is unpinned. That tells me someone is reading it.

RSS