Forums

Help › Forums

Don't hold your breath on Pebble Beach

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 19 2015 7:13 AM (49 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 5:26 AM

I keep reading posts that say that the full 18 at Pebble Beach will be available in a few months.  Don't get your hopes up.

We have seen that WGT, in accordance with it's USGA tie-in, has been launching the course that the US Open will be played on each year.  Past 2 years have seen Merion and Pinehurst about a month or so before the actual US Open is played.

So according to Wikipedia, here is the schedule for WGT course release via their tie-in with the USGA:

2015 - Chambers Bay

2016 - no new release expected since the US Open heads back to Oakmont

2017 - Erin Hills

2018 - Shinnecock Hills

2019 - Pebble Beach (full 18) (FINALLY)

2020 - Winged Foot

Also, there is no mention of Valhalla as a full course or of the rumored Bandon Dunes, so those may just be vicious rumors as well.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be nice if WGT posted somewhere or sent out an email to their customers identifying which new courses are planned and a tentative release date for them ?  Is that too much to ask ?

Instead all we get are rumors and innuendo from bulletin board posts.

By the time Pebble Beach gets here, I'll be sending in my application to collect Social Security...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 5:42 AM
    It's in the can already. Bandon Dunes, Valhallah and Chambers Bay are also in the pipeline. It was stated a while ago.
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 5:52 AM

courteneyfish:
    It's in the can already. Bandon Dunes, Valhallah and Chambers Bay are the following ones. It's was stated a while ago.

I'll believe it when I see it.  So far the Wiki article has been spot on, as 2 courses have been released in 2 years per the USGA tie-in.

I've read nothing about Bandon Dunes and Valhalla from any WGT operatives.

As of right now, the next new FULL course I expect to see is Chambers Bay next April or June.

Here's hoping you are right, but I'm from Missouri on this one...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 6:17 AM

AceHoler26:
    By the time Pebble Beach gets here, I'll be sending in my application to collect Social Security...

Per this post by WGT  we'll be getting Pebble Beach much earlier then 2019. The course was photographed by WGT earlier this year.

AceHoler26:
    Also, there is no mention of Valhalla as a full course or of the rumored Bandon Dunes, so those may just be vicious rumors as well.

Bandon Dunes is on the Virtual Tour schedule in November.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 7:33 AM

AceHoler26:
    So according to Wikipedia,

here is how they gather info..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Who_writes_Wikipedia

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 7:34 AM

Not much on the Wikipedia page is going to give you more information than right here on the real site. The Wikipedia article has often fallen behind on new courses etc.

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 7:41 AM

zagraniczniak:

Not much on the Wikipedia page is going to give you more information than right here on the real site. The Wikipedia article has often fallen behind on new courses etc.

As I said before, the article has been spot on so far.  They also cite references at the bottom of the page, some of which refer to the WGT site, others refer to articles that were written about WGT.

On here, I had even heard that Pebble Beach was going to be here months ago.  Here it is months later and.....nothing.

While the Wiki article is not 100% I'm sure....I think it's a pretty good guide.  Especially since we never receive an "official" notice from WGT as to which courses are planned or in the works and when they may become available.

A lot of what has been stated right in these forums has not even been close.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 8:06 AM

I tried but halfway down the 1st fairway I had to exhale.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 8:37 AM

PaulTon:

Ha - HA - Ha....that's a good one !

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 8:37 AM

PaulTon:

Ha - HA - Ha....that's a good one !

RSS