Forums

Help › Forums

BLAH, Another CTTH Course?????????????????

Sun, Mar 9 2014 12:40 AM (44 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:21 AM

donsprintr:

courteneyfish:

May for Pinehurst 2, full course. As mentioned many times. Bandon Dunes par 3 and full Pebble Beach to follow. 

Pebble Beach in 2019 courteney ... it's listed in future courses under the USGA Championship Zone tab ... unless of course they plan on substituting it for Oakmont next year, like they substituted Oakmont for Pebble in 2010.

:-)

What's blah about trying to win a 500 dollear USGA giftcard either as the tournament leader or by lucking out and nabbing the sweepstakes prize? I ask ...

Pebble Beach will be coming much earlier then 2019.  Has been discussed already.  Photographing it shortly.

- WGTdbloshoe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:29 AM

gdubbombsit4bird:
    CTTH play is lame and has always made no sense to me...I mean whats cool or even fun for that matter of getting the ball closest to the hole?.

9 shots takes what, 10 minutes if you're slow? There is no better place here to learn your clubs. Just the first hole of any of them is going to give you countless restarts with different winds so you can master whatever club that hole takes.

Pinehurst #8  is a great example. The first hole is 190 yards with a big green. That can work out the 3, 4 and 5 irons-key clubs for Legend approaches. Learn how spin reacts in different winds. Try different ways to get there like punches. That sort of thing. Restarting right away gives you immediate comparisons of your shots.

I guarantee you the winner of this year's Open is going to be all over that CTTH until the stroke version comes out AND it's going to pay big dividends come qualifying time.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:34 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

donsprintr:

courteneyfish:

May for Pinehurst 2, full course. As mentioned many times. Bandon Dunes par 3 and full Pebble Beach to follow. 

Pebble Beach in 2019 courteney ... it's listed in future courses under the USGA Championship Zone tab ... unless of course they plan on substituting it for Oakmont next year, like they substituted Oakmont for Pebble in 2010.

What's blah about trying to win a 500 dollear USGA giftcard either as the tournament leader or by lucking out and nabbing the sweepstakes prize? I ask ...

Pebble Beach will be coming much earlier then 2019.  Has been discussed already.  Photographing it shortly.

- WGTdbloshoe

Thanks for that clarification Mr. Shoe .... hmmm ... I think it's the substitution thingy.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:47 AM

gdubbombsit4bird:

Yea totally agree with you Corey...CTTH play is lame and has always made no sense to me...I mean whats cool or even fun for that matter of getting the ball closest to the hole?...when it happens in normal play..my reaction is always ..grrr..dag nabit....))..(closest descriptions could think of..ha)...and besides..the whole frikn object f the game..get the ball in the hole...CTTH is weak AND pointless WGT...

Oh my...another example of someone who doesn't know, that they don't know. I'm speechless.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:55 AM

YankeeJim:
    .....AND it's going to pay big dividends come qualifying

the slope on the sides of the greens are tough if you get it wrong..........looks good so far......full 18 will be great..

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:57 AM

I'm aghast ...

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 11:22 AM

When playing ctth is the pin location the same for everyone?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 11:31 AM

chuddlymccannon:

Yes.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 11:38 AM

YankeeJim:

chuddlymccannon:

Yes.

And along with that, the CTTH games are set up so that they can be played with amazing success using starter clubs & balls...just ask donsprinter. He has been about the best at it for close to 5 years...any clubs, any ball.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 11:49 AM

YankeeJim:

chuddlymccannon:

Yes.

Ok

Just confused by the 190 yd. hole #1

I have played it a few times and I don't have any hole at 190 yds.

Maybe you're using 190 yd. club?  Maybe?? :-)

RSS