Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 7:17 PM

Corwyn:
    (but since it will be practice mode, they cannot be Champ greens!).

Good, then I might actually be competitive. Just played the second round of the monthly multi at Merion with champ greens and shot a 36 where I would normally expect a 30 or 31 on a bad day. Can't let it get in my head, though...

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 8:47 PM

mmyers0:
    Merion with champ greens and shot a 36 where I would normally expect a 30 or 31 on a bad day. Can't let it get in my head, though...

Don't worry, Merion is very difficult with Champ greens on several holes. Pinehurst there are only a couple holes where Champ greens can be a problem. Such as #12 but only if above the hole.

You will be just fine.  

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:28 AM

Corwyn:
    the Fourball series will have to be set up as practice mode, and I'll have the answer on exact conditions for that very soon (but since it will be practice mode, they cannot be Champ greens!).

Here are the conditions for week 1's Fourball Series:

FourBall (Best Ball) series :: Pinehurst #2 :: 4-Player Strokeplay :: Practice Mode :: Front 9 :: default Pins :: Blue (Hard) tees :: Tournament Green speed :: High wind :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer

For those intending to get some practice in, please note the closer tees!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 2:48 PM

Corwyn:
    I will use the next few days to assemble the Availability spreadsheet, and work with captains to figure out viable pairings for each team, and see if captains' blind 'secret envelope' line-ups will work out. Please anticipate notification of matches by this coming weekend for our first week series, September 20-29.

UPDATE:

I've been working away at the Time Availability spreadsheet, and have sent out a few follow-up questions via PM to players whose data needed clarification... so please look out to see if you have a message, and respond quickly if you can. Thanks!

Currently, the availability overlaps look great within each team. Plenty of exciting looking pairings! ...

... However, it's looking a little more challenging to put all of those pairings up against the opposition team's pairings, which is the whole point, lol!

If any of the full team members can add additional YES hours when you can play multiplayer matches for sure, please let me know, either simply in the thread here (e.g. "yes, I can add an extra hour at the end of my previously stated time 6-8pm (local) on weekdays [except Weds]") or via PM. In particular, this is likely to be a challenge in the first 2 series (Sep 20-29 & Sep 29-Oct6), with 4-player matches. Any extra hours you can offer will make life easier. Thanks!

FYI: I'll share the spreadsheet link here in the thread tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Corwyn

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 5:20 PM

Hey Corwyn,

I can probably add avail time. An hour or 2 earlier or later during the week would be the most doable. I could also add some time on the weekends if needed. I know it must be tough pairing up folks from around the world.

Thanks for the update on the first round as well. I snuck an UEL Tourney in the CC list just to get some Champ Speed Green practice on Pinehurst. I'm having a much harder time than I expected for some reason. I don't think anyone else is going to play it. ;)

Off to practice.... 

~CD~

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:34 PM

FourBall (Best Ball) series :: Pinehurst #2 :: 4-Player Strokeplay :: Practice Mode :: Front 9 :: default Pins :: Blue (Hard) tees :: Tournament Green speed :: High wind :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer

I'd be up for some practice on these conditions if anybody on either team wants to play.  Will be green for a while so just hit me up!!

Rock

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:51 PM

I'm game for some practice! Thanks Rock. 

Anyone else want to go green and join us?

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 5:54 AM

Corwyn i am going to regretfully withdraw from this competition, Thank you so much for thinking of me and offering me a captains pick.Meter just isn't stable  or reliable enough for me to enjoy or have confidence in this game right now, i have tried many browers and the constant stutter has worn me out:) Shame because i love to compete but i am not going to fight it no longer. Good luck everyone . A huge effort has gone into making this work ,it looks like a winner already:)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 6:25 AM

Oh no! That's terrible news. We will really miss you, Tess!

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 7:00 AM

Corwyn:

I'm game for some practice! Thanks Rock. 

Anyone else want to go green and join us?

I've just played a practice round myself, I can tell that despite conditions, in a good day, it stays scorable.

Especially with putts like this one  ;)

replay.aspx?ID=dbd03e96 c849 4e69 a619 a3a500e2d0cf

What was the final score?   I'll keep it for me but I can tell I'd be more than happy to play every RC rounds like this one.

I'm definitely up for some practice with company Rock and Corwyn!

Fred

RSS