Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 9:27 AM

Just come home and saw the news:) Very pleased to be able to have another bash at those talented Americans!!  Thank you Captain for the Pick,must have been a real tough choice for you.Hope i can bring some points home for the team and justify your selection.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 6:14 PM

Welcome to Dvonnnnn, JJ656 and GolferDadRB  and congrats on making the team! 3 great players added to this already beautiful list.

Welcome to the Row captain picks as well, some great names too! Now all is ready for the fun!

Again, thank you to Corwin for all of this, it's very exciting to be part of it. I'm sure it will be more and more during the event.

GO USA!!!!

Fred

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 6:20 PM

I forgot to congratulate Cerino as well  :(  Sorry about that!

It's gonna be a fratricide game if you have to play against Corwyn ;)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 6:41 PM

Oh, don't I know it, Fred!

And I don't think Cerino's talking to me right now after what happened in the Oakmont wk36 UEL single-play.

He was my first mentor; beat me in my first-ever MP game (in MioKontic's Starter tourney) then taught me how to improve at this great game.

• Adalanar
    282 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:25 PM

Hi Corwyn

thanks for the opportunity being an alternate in the ROW team.
    Even knowing that I will be most likely playing every evening (central Europe time zone) I am not able to guarantee it.  I have to decline.

I looked at ROW team - very strong - go win it :-)

To my good friends from my CC that happen to be on the US team -sorry  this time I am not on your side.

Good luck gentlemen
    Keep it out of the severe lies.

Cheers 

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 11:03 PM

I'm looking forward to the start of the tournament now.  There are some veterans of the uneven lies on both sides,  it's going to be close.

The cc I'm in is well represented on both sides,   I know 1st hand how tough an opponent Ross (GolferdadRB)  will be, and I'm sure the other USA captains picks are no slouches too.

However ROW captains picks are pretty good too. Welcome to the team Tess and Jon.

Let battle commence.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 11:48 PM

Hey C, not played UEL for a couple of months so wouldn't want to inflict myself as an Alt on any team ! :))

Will be following it closely tho....

Hope ya'll have a great Tourney

Go ROW !

Andy

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 6:08 PM

Corwyn:

Oh, don't I know it, Fred!

And I don't think Cerino's talking to me right now after what happened in the Oakmont wk36 UEL single-play.

He was my first mentor; beat me in my first-ever MP game (in MioKontic's Starter tourney) then taught me how to improve at this great game.

Too funny^. All's well with me. I thought my own score would barely get me in the top 10 of the wk36 UEL anyway. I'll take a surprise lone 2nd and run for it. There's nothing I could teach you at this point. I'm the one in need of mentoring now. ;)

Re: the Ryder format I suppose if any of the 3 rounds could be from shorter tees it would be the first round. I think we'll have to play in practice mode for that? Alt and Match Play will be default tees in ranked mode?

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 6:28 PM

Will there be at least one TL in every game to ensure championship speeds? Or are there only three of us Legends? Corwyn, CerinoDevoti, and me, is that it?

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 7:02 PM

I think you're right, mm. Unless alternates are brought into the mix, it looks like just us 3 legends, so Champ speed is guaranteed for all Foursomes (AltShot) and Singles matches (unless I end up against either of you in singles) as they will indeed be ranked matches (with default tees).

However, as Cerino asked too, the Fourball series will have to be set up as practice mode, and I'll have the answer on exact conditions for that very soon (but since it will be practice mode, they cannot be Champ greens!).

EDIT: I forgot about Jack (cricketrules), so it looks like both teams have 2 Legends (and there are several more amongst the alternates lists)

RSS