Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:47 PM

LOLserver:
    Lets play m8...please invite, cricketrules is not here,,,u & me only.

If cricketrules is not on..it is his fault...LETS GO!

FYI: I just heard from Jack. He had a personal family situation, and apologizes for his absence. As am I, he's glad the game got under way with Dazza stepping in.

Thank you to all the other players for your patience! Hope the match is going well...

• KonradOse
    221 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:47 PM

Some comeback by Wes and Fred...

I missed two fairly easy putts to close it out on the last 2 holes, so I'm the one to blame ;-)

Obviously a bit disappointed because of that, but it was a nice match and I enjoyed the company guys.

K

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:50 PM

Mainz will post the cards for game F.   WHAT A GAME!!! A real Ryder cup match just happened!

Konrad and Mainz started playing the best team golf you can play, sharing birdies on every single hole. They quickly took the lead 2up after 4. Wes and I played decently but missed for a hair when Konrad and Mainz were machines! We shared the 5th one and they dug our grave on 6th...3up - 3 to go!!! 

Konrad found the right bunker on his approach at 7th, Mainz played a decent shot and landed 5 yds to the left of the pin, I kept my ball going straight to the pin 3 yds short and Wes just shot a beauty 2.9 ft off the hole. We both birdied after Mainz got unlucky on his putt. for the 3. Konrad got unlucky all along this hole.

Then #8, Wes, trying to get the flat part of the short grass 1st to tee off found the brush left of the fairway  (70-80%) 3 Others hit safe center. on approaches Konrad and Wes slid down left of the green, Mainz had a strange long shot and went 31 yds behind the greenI could keep my ball on the green strangely long too (26ft away) All 3 played a good 3rd shot coming back on the green but missed in converting the par. My two putts for par were enough to win the hole.

Finally #9 Row team still 1up! I hit first, tail wind 18-20mph, lightly + right to left. I miss for a hair late and find the slope right of the green, ball at 36 ft. Mainz hit his tee shot and again flew way over the green. 2 in a row! I got these too on multi player games @ 4...it's a shame! Konrad and Wes managed to land respectively 4 and 3 yds short left of the pin, 2 good shots!

Mainz perfectly comes back on the green after another great short iron shot, my putt from 36ft stopped short 4" in front of this damn hole for birdie. Then Konrad to putt and his ball kissed the lip for the winning 2. My Weso, my bro didn't miss his 9+ footer and gave us a crazy half point coming from hell!

Mainz, Konrad, Wes, thank you very much for this game! It was a lot of fun and a lot of shaking too!!! lol  We all didn't play our best but it gave us a helluva match and an unbearable suspense!!! 

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 1:02 PM

Almost a comeback for ROW for the half.  They had the best birdie chances on 9 when Devonnnn bombed in a 19 footer FTW.  USA 2 up.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 1:08 PM

MainzMan:

Next time I promise to bring some wine Fred.

This sounds like a plan Mainz! Thanks again for the great game! See you maybe on the alternate shot format.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 1:08 PM

Wow Ben! That's some impressive shooting there. Pretty hard to keep up with someone posting 28! Bravo to Jorg and Mark for hanging in there till the end.

Congrats to Ben and Devon on another impressive win for Team USA, to give them now a 3.5 to 0.5 lead in the overall score.

And bad luck Konrad and Mainz: that was quite a fightback from Wes and Fred. Huge kudos to them for battling away till the end. 

Seems like the US are really determined this time around, lol. 

---------------------------

Just a reminder, as you're all checking in here today for results, please post here if you have schedule info we need to know about for next week. Thanks!

Corwyn:
    Heads up, everyone... Captains are already starting to think about pairings for the week 2 series of Foursomes matches.

It would be very helpful if you could let us know of any schedule changes, or particular days that will or won't work for you in the period Sat 9/27-Mon 10/6. Please reference the times you are shown as being available in this sheet here (and especially, the notes you've already submitted at the far right of the sheet).

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 1:51 PM

This is the card from the match between Kyrock & Icon v LOLServer & Dazza.

Match ended in a half.

The game started well for the USA when Kyrock birdied the 1st. Game stayed that way until Icon made a great approach on 7 for birdie. I thought the game was over at that point but Eric holed a great putt on 8 to get us back in the game. With Rock, Icon & Eric going long on the 9th i had my chance to step in and put some pressure and put my approach close. Rock & Icon both missed there putts so i thought it would be up to me to win the hole. Eric had other ideas and holed another great long putt to half the match. I still got my birdie to draw level with Rock in our personnel battle for the best score of the game :)

P.S. Was great to finally get a game with the man himself Iconian :)

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 1:52 PM

Hey Corwyn I usually have good availability on the weekends but will be out of town next Friday Sept. 27 and Saturday Sept. 28(wedding anniversary)......should be back sometime that Sunday evening and deffinitely available Sunday night

Wes

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 1:55 PM

DAZZA501:

This is the cards from the match between Kyrock & Icon v LOLServer & Dazza.

Match ended in a half.

Stats to follow

HALF match for ROW and USA.

Not sure how we ROW came back when going 2 down with 2 holes left but we did it!!!...yikes! 

USA started playing great with Rock birdying all holes & me playing rubbish and missing all putts....and Icon playing almost as bad as me, lol

Icon approach in hole 7 did look deadly to us....ops :-(

...but within two holes to go, I birdied hole 8 & 9 and Dazza birdied hole 9 to see the US making pars in both holes, so, we got out ALL SQUARE at the end.

Great guys to play with, very silent after me putting 3 times in hole 4 but then things were more smooth after and chat got charming again.

GO ROW GO!!!

Eric

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 2:00 PM

DAZZA501:
    This is the card from the match between Kyrock & Icon v LOLServer & Dazza.

Match ended in a half.

Stats to follow

Woo hoo! Way to go, Dazza and Eric... what a great comeback to win the last 2 for a much-needed half. Bravo!

P.S. http://postimage.org/ is a pretty reliable alternative if you're having issues with Photobucket.

RSS