Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • javiertorg
    56 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 8:03 PM

Great game team USA 1 up. congratulations. unfortunately not very fine with the putt next hope to have more lucky.

• BONALYAU
    191 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:23 PM

Great game and high level players... I really enjoyed playing this game...

The US team played very well, and they win with a better putting than ROW team... This is golf in WGT...

But why the F.... had I a green shadowy mark in my putting meter ???? It was the 1st time I saw it, and as soon as the match ended, it doesn't appear in another game!!!! This mark earn me 3 (yes 3) putts in the first hole ( each from less than 9 feet), no damage done however, Javier sinking his birdie putt... and it's a miracle I sink a 17 foot putt for eagle in the #3 (tail wind 17-19 mph, rebound in the bunker, as my partner some seconds before, and ending in the green), played way too strong because i couldn't see the marks in my putting pal... I again cannot sink another 6 foot putt for halving the hole in the first par3, giving the A/S to US team... A nightmare !! lol

I become tired of these "bizarreries" with WGT (last Ryder UEL, my mouse didn't point the right way... I know, it seems impossible, it's for what I didn't change it at first... but it was the problem, and only in WGT.... nobody gave me an explanation...)!

However, the game was fun and we had good time, and the US team impressed me by their putting... They earn their victory in the last 3 holes played very well by both of them...

Congrats JJ and Dad! See you soon in the fairways, guys!

Thanks a lot to my p Javier... I am sorry I couldn't help you better, but I was really annoyed in putting... Muchas gracias Javier, excusa me para mi malo putting... Espero jugar contigo en el round 2 y ganar, esa vez!

Friendly

Jean

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:26 PM

Congratulations Russ and Mmyers0 on your victory, the better team got their reward.  Mmyers played a great game,  and with Russ  as back up,  team ROW never had a chance.

Corwyn did his best to stem the tide, and it was down to him that the game lasted as long as it did.

Hopefully, I'll get my "A" game on for the next match.

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 10:31 PM

BONALYAU:

But why the F.... had I a green shadowy mark in my putting meter ???? It was the 1st time I saw it, and as soon as the match ended, it doesn't appear in another game!!!!

Sounds like you might have "Display Putting Power" turned on in the Advanced tab of the game settings. It only appears in practice mode, which would explain why you've never seen it before.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 10:34 PM

BONALYAU:
    couldn't see the marks in my putting pal

I've heard that turning off your putting pal, going back to game, then turning putter pal back on will fix some weird things that happen with the putter pal. I know time is short (90 second), to do all that, but might fix the problem if it occurs again.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 10:56 PM

Congratulations to JJ and Ross on a nailbiting win, and commiserations to Jean and Javier for losing right down to the wire like that.

Jean, what awful timing to have the putter pal display issues! I think mm and Russ' tips are good ones, definitely worth doing in a practice session before your next match.

Today's great start for the US Team takes them into a 2-0 lead with 3 matches set to play tomorrow, and the final Fourballs scheduled for Monday. [Overall scores shown here]

I sense an ROW fightback tomorrow!

------------

P.S. I did set up a Chatzy Room today dedicated to the UEL Ryder Cup (following PetethePup's suggestion). It's one where no sign-up is necessary: just enter your WGT name to join the chat.

I'll leave it to each matches participants to decide if they want to provide a running commentary or not... :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 11:05 PM

Corwyn:
    So, there's been no response from Dazza by noon, and so, as indicated, I'm subbing in a replacement for ROW for Match E.

With this tourney, and the challenges of getting 4 players together at the same time, I really do need everyone to keep on top of PMs and keep an eye on the forum thread. Replying with a quick confirmation makes all the difference! Thank you!

Eric (LOLserver) is our next alternate on the ROW list, and has confirmed to me that he can be available. You're up, Eric!!!  [note: the match will be at your 9pm]

DAZZA501:
    Yes Sunday is fine for me. I'll be here at 8pm my time.

Sorry Dazza! I'd already made the call, as we'd heard nothing from you since posting the match lineups six days ago. In dealing with finding time overlaps for 4 players globally, I felt strongly that finalizing arrangements 24hrs ahead of the scheduled match was essential, hence my final deadline of noon today. Unfortunately, your response came in several hours after I'd already notified our next alternate to fill in.

I do hope we can plan further ahead to get you into the remaining two series of the event.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 5:36 AM

Just woke up and practicing is never a bad thing so I turned on my computer and started awalk in the park with my golf bag and a gallon of coffee. I thought I could share this one with you guys...just lol!

replay.aspx?ID=61dceca1 7f19 48f8 90c2 a3ad00ce9014

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 9:13 AM

Super shot, Fred! But I sure am glad you got that out of your system in advance of the match, lol.

Heads up, everyone... Captains are already starting to think about pairings for the week 2 series of Foursomes matches.

It would be very helpful if you could let us know of any schedule changes, or particular days that will or won't work for you in the period Sat 9/27-Mon 10/6. Please reference the times you are shown as being available in this sheet here (and especially, the notes you've already submitted at the far right of the sheet).

Thank you!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 10:47 AM

Corwyn:
    P.S. I did set up a Chatzy Room today dedicated to the UEL Ryder Cup (following PetethePup's suggestion). It's one where no sign-up is necessary: just enter your WGT name to join the chat.

I'll leave it to each matches participants to decide if they want to provide a running commentary or not... :)

I doubt I'll be able to join it, but with 3 matches set to run simultaneously today (starting in about 15 minutes with Match A & F, and Match E teeing off an hour later at noon), players might want to share what's happening in the Chatzy Room.

Good luck to all the players today!

Please remember to capture Scorecards, and post match reports with as much drama as you can! And don't take gimmes (unless the hole is already decided)!

RSS