The 12 Days of Christmas(December) 2014.....A Poll

Wed, Aug 27 2014 8:31 AM (32 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 1:22 PM

opyeuclid:
    Instead of each of the Santas doing a " Day " every day for 12 days

Hey Opy-

Who says we have to stick with only "12 Days"? Why not, say, "31 Days"? (hint ,hint) How much fun would that be?

Again, just looking for feedback.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 1:41 PM

Thats all good Sir , Only thing would be keeping the multi askers from going nuts .

Only reason I say this is , in the July event I asked a few multi askers who got a gift and were still asking to let someone else have a chance , There were some nasty posts in the threads ( I had them removed ) and also had some bad things on my wall from some of the greedy .

I am not looking to take the Fun out of this , I just know after helping with the event that some will not be happy Or will only use the Santas for anything Free .

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 2:47 PM

opyeuclid:

Thats all good Sir , Only thing would be keeping the multi askers from going nuts .

Only reason I say this is , in the July event I asked a few multi askers who got a gift and were still asking to let someone else have a chance , There were some nasty posts in the threads ( I had them removed ) and also had some bad things on my wall from some of the greedy .

I am not looking to take the Fun out of this , I just know after helping with the event that some will not be happy Or will only use the Santas for anything Free .

Opy-

I know you now realize, having run one of these events yourself, what I have dealt with during these events. It's not easy! The players that keep asking for a gift every day can be quite disconcerting. That's why I start a thread, like you did, to let the other Santas know who the other winners are in an effort to let them know who already won gifts.

"Multi Askers" will always be around, but it will take the Santas and trolls like you to help bring them to the forefront and call them out.

Let's see if we can get through "Christmas 2014" without Crisis and Tripping begging for gifts.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 3:22 PM

mrcaddie:
    "Multi Askers" will always be around, but it will take the Santas and Reformed trolls like you to help bring them to the forefront and call them out.

I have no problem calling out anyone !   

You asked for feedback Sir and I gave you some .

I also know that your Friends and the good people of WGT will step up to make this "MrCaddie Christmas give away 2014" the biggest and best event to date .

OPY

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 3:35 PM

opyeuclid:
    I have no problem calling out anyone !

I know you don't Opy and that's why I want you by my side. You Sir are the ultimate "Wing man", "Elf Gone Wild" or "Santa" I could ask for.

Thanks so much.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 3:45 PM

Here is a little FYI for every one from the MrCaddie Christmas give away 2013 ( not July ) 

Total credits in gifts not including some of the Xtras was  172092 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 7:01 PM

mrcaddie:

Andy-

I think you know I would never do anything to discourage anyone from participating in this event. I'm just testing the waters.

I have three ideas....plans A,B and C. This is plan C. Plan B is the complete and polar opposite of Plan C and is starting to look like the more viable option after reading the feedback received so far.

It is hard to fire the juices for another turn myself...or posing a question that can test / excite/ ignite..........................never mind organizing it ::))

Was curious like Sweet, too see where you were heading...............

Faith W 

George Peppard..( luv it when a plan comes together )

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 8:03 PM

please don't call anyone out in the forums this year :)  a gift to all :)

inter office memo's should do the trick - ya know.....from elf to elf or whatevs lol

cheers

*edit - please believe me - this is not meant to be pointed at any one person - but to all of us - please don't think otherwise.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 10:20 AM

duffer19:
    inter office memo's should do the trick - ya know

Hey D-

What I know for a fact is, sadly, this doesn't do the trick. When someone is playing Santa, they are concentrating on their thread for their "Day". They don't always check their pm's regularly. So posting something in their thread is the quickest way for some of us to let Santa know that they have a multi-asker on the hunt for more gifts.

I'm sure a few years ago we may have been pretty blunt about letting Santa know what's going on but in the recent past we have said it in a more respectful way.

Also, the last thing I send Santa the night before their "Day" is the link to a locked thread where I list all the winners from the previous days. Unfortunately, some of them don't take advantage of the link and that's how we end up with the same people winning 3 and 4 times in 12 days.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 6:04 PM

duffer19:
    inter office memo's should do the trick

I asked one player in a nice way in Christmas in July to please let someone else have a chance ( Multi Asker ) and was told that he did not know the rules ,  That was my bad for not telling the Santas to post " If you got a gift please do not ask for more " .

Then we had a reply from some hurting player with a long post on how they will never take part in the Christmas event cause it is to selfish of the Santas to only gift to one player and not let someone get as much as they can from the ones that wants to give .

I did not want that kind of reply and looked for one of the Mods that was on line and asked that the reply be removed ,  And it was ..

I will do good for this community But will also not let the bottom feeders run away with nasty snide remarks .

I will also not stand for some of the Pic,s people post , I do not want to see boobs , Snatch or Man junk . 

This is my game and my community . Like me or not I dont care .

My name is OPY 

RSS