Forums

Help › Forums

The 12 Days of Christmas(December) 2014.....A Poll

Wed, Aug 27 2014 8:31 AM (32 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Aug 23 2014 8:11 PM

didn't really want to comment here BUT..

I can accrue $50 by Xmas,

I think The Santa thing is all about......just giving, without really thinking ?

Whether it be a wedge, sleeve  or iron set ??

Curious myself J where this is going,?

all I can see is it is going to alienate those who have not as much as some and discourage them ?

We'll see,  MC must have a reason for asking that question....

Andy

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Aug 23 2014 11:25 PM

jsweetcr:
    I know its not the intention of MC to discourage anyone, that has never been the spirit, so i agree that people shouldn't feel like they shouldn't or can't give because they don't have or can't afford 5Kcr.

Thank you JS-

You're correct, I would never discourage anyone from participating and I would never set limits that might not allow any player from participating in this event.

As I stated in my opening post, this is only one of three ideas I have for December and this one is the most complex.....hence my reason for looking for feedback.

Over the past two years we have had somewhere between 150-200 players that have played Santa. The original title of this event is "The 12 Days of Christmas".....but with so many players that might want to play Santa again and only "12 Days".....I have to think outside the box.

Thank you all for your feedback.

MC

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 1:47 AM

Hola Pola!

What about having 2 groups of santa participants?

1. individuals - no lower or upper limit on credits

2. CC's - minimum of 5000 credits per club

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 2:59 AM

I concur with all the posters.

The spirit of giving is not by the value offered but can be in any way that helps the community.

Personally I think the burden on "one santa" come the latter days can be too much and being split between a number of santas both make it easier on the credits and increases participation.

I would even love to see some of the better players offer lessons etc - that could be more beneficial to many players.

Also what surprises me and concerns me is often we get the same players putting their hands up for the gifts - somehow the message needs to be broadened.

All that said, I will be here (barring something major) come December.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 4:37 AM

Mr. C

Have no idea what you're scheming, but whatever it is I'm sure it's good, and I would be in.

Thomas

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 5:29 AM

I'll always support the 12 days of Christmas. Our club will be represented in whatever manner fits in!

Ho Ho HO!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 9:18 AM

alanti:

I concur with all the posters.

The spirit of giving is not by the value offered but can be in any way that helps the community.

Personally I think the burden on "one santa" come the latter days can be too much and being split between a number of santas both make it easier on the credits and increases participation.

I would even love to see some of the better players offer lessons etc - that could be more beneficial to many players.

Also what surprises me and concerns me is often we get the same players putting their hands up for the gifts - somehow the message needs to be broadened.

All that said, I will be here (barring something major) come December.

Alan-

I want to thank you for your entire post.

This, to me, seems to be the biggest problem with this event-

alanti:

This, unfortunately, is out of my control. I believe this falls squarely in the lap of WGT. WGT has graciously joined us in the gift giving and I can not thank them enough and hope for their continued participation. What I would like to see from them is more press, more PR, showcasing the event on the front page when players sign in. I believe that is the only way that we'll reach a broader audience (sans all of us blanketing every thread in the forums with posts about the event). 

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 9:31 AM

alcaucin:
    all I can see is it is going to alienate those who have not as much as some and discourage them

Andy-

I think you know I would never do anything to discourage anyone from participating in this event. I'm just testing the waters.

I have three ideas....plans A,B and C. This is plan C. Plan B is the complete and polar opposite of Plan C and is starting to look like the more viable option after reading the feedback received so far.

Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 12:06 PM

plan D .   What if we did it a bit different this time . Instead of each of the Santas doing a " Day " every day for 12 days , We all get together with MrC and the gift we offer and all post on day # 1 or have one person start the post with what the Santas offer ( as in , Santa A offers a driver , Santa B offers wedges , Santa X offers irons, Or the one poster just tells the gifts that are being offered . Then the Santas can be Secret Santas.) Then let the thread run for 12 days . 

This would help with the multi askers . We just need to figure out on day 12 who will gift to who .

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 1:20 PM

I have a question for WGT .  Lets say that 3 friends get together and want to offer a set of R11,s  ( Driver 1695, 3 wood 695 , Irons 2995) , Now then if we each send 1 club or irons the cost would be 5385 , Now then , the full set ( Driver , 3 wood , Hybrid and irons ) sell for 4995 . 

Is there a way we could send the full set and have the cost split 3 ways ( 1695 each ) ?

RSS