Help › Forums

Sandbag?

Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:33 PM (45 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:35 PM

GoldCard:
    Thank you

But it took me almost a year whereas your average was 59 as old master in only 5 weeks?

Perhaps I need a plastic ruler lol lol

Not everyone is gullible :(

It took me 21 days just to make master, and I did it by playing KIA B9 over and over again, which was tied with STA F9 as the easiest nine holes that there were.  I've seen other players make master in 2-10 days, so compared to them, my progress was very slow.  If I were restarted today as a hack, I could make master in a matter of hours.  Obviously, then, my play was not exceptional straight out of the gate.

I don't know when it was that I first hit 59, but I didn't stay 59, probably even at the end of August.  Of course, if I were on the master tees still, a 59 average would probably be cake for me now, but I've gotten better with time.  I don't know that I'll be able to improve upon my play on STA F9, KIA B9, BPB F9, or BPB B9, but my improvement so far has been gradual, and I am, without a doubt, a better player now than I was in September, and I was, without a doubt, a better player in September than I was in August.

I've also played a lot more than you have in terms of rounds per day.  In just over 3 months, I have 537 ranked rounds played, whereas you have 1,055 ranked rounds in 10 months.  It might've only taken me 21 days to make master, but in that 21 days, I probably played as many rounds as you play in 35-36 days.  I'd guess that someone who plays 1 round a week for 50 weeks is not as good as someone that plays 1 round a day for 50 days, since so much goes on in between those weekly rounds that a casual player will never be able to remember anything they might've been able to learn the previous round unless they are exceptional note-takers.  On top of that, I made master by playing KIA B9 over and over, which no doubt made it my strongest 9-hole round, so you say that while I made master in 21 days, I really had about the same amount of experience as the average person who'd played 60-90 days.

Fact is, GoldCard, according to the stats, there is only one active player out there that has better approach shots than you.  You're just clearly bad at putting, so you get angry when someone who's played half as much as you is already a superior putter.  Your approach shots stat shows that you can aim click as well as anyone, but your putting stats show that you can't putt to save your life.  I'm not better than you because I'm a better aim clicker; I'm better than you because I, like apparently many dozens of others, know how to putt with the correct amount of power and can read break better than you, which no third-party software can do, as far as we know.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:36 PM

JustJimmy:
    Thank you for your display of compassion my dear.

Charlee,

Only thing I could say to you to answer your page of excuses is,

As far as my "extreme rise toward the top" goes, I demonstrate, here on the forums, that my understanding of the game, which was once very poor, is now exceptional.  My unimpressive stats prove that I played on a mediocre level for a very long time, but I've also learned from my mistakes, and my scores in the past

But you have only been a member for 3 months now?

I've played five times as many ranked rounds as you have.  I would hope that I'm a better player than you at this point.

I can't help but to notice that from January 11, 2010 onward, you didn't play a single game until after the level/tier changes, when old masters got blindsided with becoming legends.  If you weren't playing another account, you have basically been playing since Sept. 10th, which is almost exactly a month.  You're actually playing just as well, right now, at one month of experience, as I was at one month of experience... even though I'd played more rounds at that point than you have since Sept. 10th.  In fact, if you assume that even 25% of the rounds on that account were played by your wife, which is extremely conservative, then you have as much experience, right now, as I had at about 15 days, which means that you are outpacing my progress by a mile.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:52 PM

GoldCard:
    You were not asked to BUY IT!

he was trying to sell something that a 5 year old would try when you caught him in the cookie jar, and he was ASKING ME AND ALL WHO READ THIS TO BUY.

Save the name calling for your wife or girlfriend.

Now go back to your cave and enjoy playing golf, instead of reaching for the all famous HE IS A TROLL, so old and tired

• JustJimmy
    12 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:03 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I can't help but to notice that from January 11, 2010 onward, you didn't play a single game until after the level/tier changes, when old masters got blindsided with becoming legends.  If you weren't playing another account, you have basically been playing since Sept. 10th, which is almost exactly a month.  You're actually playing just as well, right now, at one month of experience, as I was at one month of experience... even though I'd played more rounds at that point than you have since Sept. 10th.  In fact, if you assume that even 25% of the rounds on that account were played by your wife, which is extremely conservative, then you have as much experience, right now, as I had at about 15 days, which means that you are outpacing my progress by a mile.

I joined wgt last year while staying with my son for a while.

My wife developed emphysema a few months ago and due to needing oxygen full time, we both now live with son and family.

That is why the break!

If you need to know any more of my personal details, I would suggest making me a friend and doing it privately Thank you.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:12 PM

JustJimmy:

CharlemagneRH:

I joined wgt last year while staying with my son for a while.

My wife developed emphysema a few months ago and due to needing oxygen full time, we both now live with son and family.

That is why the break!

If you need to know any more of my personal details, I would suggest making me a friend and doing it privately Thank you.

I don't really care either way.  Like I said, I didn't even report you to WGT staff.

However, if you are going to accuse me of being too good for the amount of time that I've played the game, I am more than willing to compare my early progress to your early progress if you have been progressing even faster than I did.  The simple fact of the matter is that my progress has not been exceptional at all.  It's been a slow but steady process.

I also learned a decent amount of what I know from the forums.  I remember a thread where someone claimed that a 90% full-backspin shot goes further than a 95% full-backspin shot, but I disagreed, saying it was linear, but the truth, I've found, is somewhere in between: A 95% shot will go roughly 95% of the club's max distance, but a 90% shot will go about 91.5% of the club's max distance.  If it weren't for the forums, I don't know that I would've figured that out by now.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:16 PM

JustJimmy:

When I am not playing , my disabled wife has found something that helps fill her days THANK YOU!

Nothing wrong with that and it helps one to level up a bit easier DO YOU NOT AGREE?

Totally disagree. Get your wife her own account. What you are doing is sandbagging. 

And I am 55 and don't suffer fools lightly!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:33 PM

Side note: It would be cool if WGT got in contact with disabled persons groups / other groups and offered to give them free Rapture V2s if they wanted to play the game.  If he really does have a disabled wife, I think it would be cool of WGT to give her a second account with free clubs.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:05 PM
    • GoldCard sent the PING 2010 Rapture V2 9.5° Driver (L47+) as a gift.

Cute, GoldCard, but helping this guy win RG's isn't going to help you learn how to putt!

If he's really got a disabled wife, you should offer to gift clubs to a new account for her instead.  Heck, I'll throw in a free Daytona, Anser, or Spider putter if you want to buy the rest.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:18 PM

CharlemagneRH:

• GoldCard sent the PING 2010 Rapture V2 9.5° Driver (L47+) as a gift.

Cute, GoldCard, but helping this guy win RG's isn't going to help you learn how to putt!

If he's really got a disabled wife, you should offer to gift clubs to a new account for her instead.  Heck, I'll throw in a free Daytona, Anser, or Spider putter if you want to buy the rest.

Very generous of you but I am quite able to help out my parents thank you.

We are now in the process of getting my mother an email account and then shall be opening a new wgt account just for her.

Then perhaps my dad can play as he sees fit?

ps. I don't use a ruler or calculator so perhaps that is the reason:)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:27 PM

GoldCard:
    Very generous of you but I am quite able to help out my parents thank you.

We are now in the process of getting my mother an email account and then shall be opening a new wgt account just for her.

Then perhaps my dad can play as he sees fit?

You're a silly man, GoldCard, but I'll trust you on that, and the offer still stands on the putter.

GoldCard:
    ps. I don't use a ruler or calculator so perhaps that is the reason:)

I am probably a 75-AVG player without my ruler and calculator, so they come highly recommended.  Couldn't play without'm.

RSS