Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbag?

Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:33 PM (45 replies)
  • JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 8:20 PM

No matter what the fix might be you are still going to have quitters and sandbaggers....it is a given. That is why they do not put the effort into it...in the end it is going to happen, The best thing to do is to reward good play and players.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 10:02 PM
    What is nice is the fact that you can quit like a puss or sandbag as you please, or even open a new account to do ego foolishness, but at the end of the day all must deal with the likes of Thunderbird, NCVIZ, Botox and many others.
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 2:12 PM

This is a sandbagger:

10.15.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 100
    10.15.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 101
    10.15.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 30
    10.15.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 99
    10.14.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 34
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 89
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 91
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 105
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 83
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 108
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 101
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 105
    10.14.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 35
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 103
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 109
    10.14.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 101
    10.13.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 110
    10.13.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 34
    10.13.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 89
    10.13.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 105
    10.13.10 October 18-Hole Unlimited Play Full 18 Tour Pro 98
    10.13.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 32

Unfortunately for him, he apparently hasn't figured out that sandbagging is much easier to do in MPC since there is no need to shoot all those garbage rounds because MPC wins do not lower your average.  I also have no idea why he's opting to shoot 18-hole rounds as filler, since 9-hole rounds would do the trick just as well.  Awkward fella.

• JustJimmy
    12 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 2:52 PM

Charlee

I do think your  above comments refer to my play!

Time you got a life and concentrated on your own game without being so concerned that someone else may make CHARLEMAGNERH (the god!) look bad.

For your information, I am 69 yrs old and really enjoy the challenge of the tournaments couple times a day.

When I am not playing , my disabled wife has found something that helps fill her days THANK YOU!

Nothing wrong with that and it helps one to level up a bit easier DO YOU NOT AGREE?

Looking at your own history, it would be advisable to keep yourself more in the background before wgt starts investigating such an extreme rise toward the top so quickly without the use of 3rd party software?

I noticed that you know how to write code?? 

Hmmm!

Have a nice day, young fella.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:20 PM

JustJimmy:
    When I am not playing , my disabled wife has found something that helps fill her days THANK YOU

DAMN, SHOWED THAT TO MY 5 YEAR OLD, AND HE DID NOT BUY IT

WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE COME UP WITH  THIS CRAP

Think you might be running for senate with the tea party

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:27 PM

First off, I didn't call you out by name, and I didn't link any of those RGs, so nobody could've found out who you were.  As such, I didn't explicitly or effectively call you out, so I can't be blamed for being involved in a discussion that is now specifically about your score history.

Second, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to allow another person to play on your account.

Third, I find it highly unlikely that your wife consistently plays 2-3 for every round that you play.  You've been a member since 2009, so it seems to me that, at some point, she would have taken a few days off, at which time your superior play would have moved you at least up to the master tier.

Fourth, I'm not actually that upset about it and was just using your score history as an example.  In fact, on the rare occasion that I do report a sandbagger to WGTSky, I suggest something very mild be done, such as the issuance of a warning.  Most people call for outright and immediate banishment, whereas I simply just try to put an end to their antics and get them to play fair.  I care so little about being beaten (or in this case, tied) once or twice that I didn't even report you.  I only report people when it happens 5-10 times.

As far as my "extreme rise toward the top" goes, I demonstrate, here on the forums, that my understanding of the game, which was once very poor, is now exceptional.  My unimpressive stats prove that I played on a mediocre level for a very long time, but I've also learned from my mistakes, and my scores in the past few months show it.  When it comes to the courses that I play often, there is nobody with a superior understanding of game mechanics and course-specific details.  There are many who are just as good as me in that regard, but I wouldn't say that there is anybody that is significantly better.  On top of experience, I also play using methods that are incredibly precise, using a calculator, ruler, and mathematical formulas, which I have fine-tuned over the last few months, whereas normal players just guess and hope for the best.  If there is anybody out there that ought to learn quickly and after months of practice, be playing exceptionally well, it's myself.

If you think I am too good for how much time I've put into learning the game, I'd suggest you compare my stats to the best WGT player ever, tibbets (10 ft avg distance to pin on approaches, 74.24% one-putt percentage,) or a not incredible, but still decent legend, such as GoldCard (11 ft avg distance to pin on approaches, 46.74% one-putt percentage.)   Similar examples are almost endless in number: MacGillicuddy (11 ft, 61.3%), Iconian (12 ft, 69.39%), thunderbird (13 ft, 60.94%), pricehcs (11 ft, 66.96%.)  Seeing how approach shots are more dependent on hitting the ding than putting, my 13 ft avg distance to pin on approaches and 53.82% one-putt average shows that even GoldCard has stats superior to mine.  My garbage stats are a testament to the fact that I spent a long time as an unimpressive player before becoming very good.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:31 PM

x1524807:

JustJimmy:
    When I am not playing , my disabled wife has found something that helps fill her days THANK YOU

You were not asked to BUY IT!

This is supposed to be a site where we can all enjoy playing golf.

Forum TROLLS can ruin even the nicest of days for anyone.

And Charles,

Can you please refrain from using players names as you have mine above?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:43 PM

GoldCard:

And Charles,

Can you please refrain from using players names as you have mine above?

I'm simply using your stats to put mine in perspective, not accusing you of cheating.  There's nothing wrong with what I did.

PS: Work on your putting.  You apparently have some of the very best approach shots in the game.  :p

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:58 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I'm simply using your stats to put mine in perspective, not accusing you of cheating.  There's nothing wrong with what I did.

PS: Work on your putting.  You apparently have some of the very best approach shots in the game.  :p

Thank you

But it took me almost a year whereas your average was 59 as old master in only 5 weeks?

Perhaps I need a plastic ruler lol lol

Not everyone is gullible :(

• JustJimmy
    12 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:09 PM

x1524807:

JustJimmy:

Thank you for your display of compassion my dear.

Charlee,

Only thing I could say to you to answer your page of excuses is,

As far as my "extreme rise toward the top" goes, I demonstrate, here on the forums, that my understanding of the game, which was once very poor, is now exceptional.  My unimpressive stats prove that I played on a mediocre level for a very long time, but I've also learned from my mistakes, and my scores in the past

But you have only been a member for 3 months now?

RSS