Forums

Help › Forums

~ On the Eighth Day of Christmas ~

Sun, Jul 27 2014 4:53 AM (50 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:51 AM

I'm not too sure how this Christmas thing works. Am I allowed to ask for something on someone else's behalf, or do they have to post here theirself? (themselves?).

Anyway, the player in question is balbo972, lovely guy, played with him on a few occasions and he said he would like a new driver or putter which he would struggle to purchase himself as he finds it difficult to get credits and uses 10 credit balls for that reason.

I would buy the stuff for him myself but I have a very limited income at present.

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:24 AM

Hi Scott

Yes you are allowed to ask on someone's behalf.

Balbo has already received a gift of a driver and a fairway wood.

He also has a decent putter.

What he needs is better irons. And also maybe some decent wedges.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:59 PM

Cheers Miffers, I thought he needed better irons too but when I asked him what he would like those were the clubs he mentioned.

According to his recent history he rented an awful lot of clubs ( that's an awful lot of clubs not a lot of awful clubs, lol) at the free weekend, so he certainly had a good try out there.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:12 PM

I picked the 3 players and gifted them except gdog ( waiting till he levels up one more ) - very nice guy too!

I wish I could gift everyone here or the ones that some of you's nominated, but it's next to impossible unless I want to work till I'm a hundred lol   and I don't :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and wishing you all the best!

See ya's in December :-)

Patricia….

• Mafias1982
    263 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:16 PM

This wood would be very helpful for me.

Thanks Patricia.

• oldvermonter
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:24 PM

Thank you Patricia the irons will really help me out, it's good to see this and when I get the clubs I need and if I can will pay it back by helping maybe next July.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:17 PM

Great job Patricia. Thanks for gifting to the community. It's nice to see you participating as always. You have embraced this idea ever since I met you. I look forward to seeing you in November for the December event.

See you soon.

MC

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:48 PM

I've decided to gift the Cleveland 64 wedge  to someone, since it is my absolute favorite club. It is a killer weapon with the pitch shot and drains lots of birds / eagles from 8-20 yds out. On the 12th day......Its available !       R

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:20 PM

mrcaddie:
    I look forward to seeing you in November for the December event.

I definitely look forward to it MC and happy that you're doing well!

Until then my friend, take care eh !

:-)

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:45 PM

Romax:

I've decided to gift the Cleveland 64 wedge  to someone, since it is my absolute favorite club. It is a killer weapon with the pitch shot and drains lots of birds / eagles from 8-20 yds out. On the 12th day......Its available !       R

Very nice Ross! :)

RSS