Forums

Help › Forums

3rd Day of Christmas in July

Tue, Jul 29 2014 8:20 AM (40 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 4:44 PM

its all good . Check the list and check it twice , you just never who has been naughty or nice .

• oldvermonter
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:52 AM

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 12:53 PM

oldvermonter:
    If the 2nd set is still available

he scored on day 8

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 8:30 AM

I just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know what was going on. I had to go away so I took longer than I wanted to make my decision, but I believe it was all worth it in the end.

I had selected Scaredcrow to be the recipient a few days ago. In my initial offering, I was giving away the L59 G25's. When I saw the level and tier of scaredcrow, I decided to make a little change.  Although the G25s are great clubs, IMO, they can only get him to legend. Once at the tips, he would have a difficult time with them. I gave scared the option of having the L85 Nikes, or waiting to L90 for the R11s.  Scared opted to go with the Nikes, as he felt the meter speed of the R11s would give him some problems. I think it is a wise decision and with the Nikes he can still play from the tips relatively well.

My goal was to give someone a set of clubs that would last them, hence my change in the clubs I gifted. I believe this will serve him better for longer.

On another note, a secret santa contacted me when i started my thread and wanted to also gift a set of irons. So I believe joewaters from my thread also received a set of irons, but I have yet to confirm that.

Thanks everyone for letting me participate. I enjoyed it very much.  Play well and have fun!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 8:36 AM

jsweetcr:
    On another note, a secret santa contacted me when i started my thread and wanted to also gift a set of irons. So I believe joewaters from my thread also received a set of irons

Yes he did , Please see his wall and my wall .

OPY

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 8:37 AM

Absolutely fantastic act of generosity  Sweets bud ...... 

• scaredcrow
    24 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:16 AM

Hi all,

Opy, thanks for organising this a great idea and shows what the community can do in this game....well done!

Sweet, thanks again for the gift I will give you an update on how I get on an keep in touch on my way to legend.

You gave me a choice, talked through the pro's and con's of the sets you offered and also offered help with the clubs and friendship....a class act all the way.

Cheers all

S CROW

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:17 AM

Way to go guys, awesome generosity, I hope that the real people on here realize who the real people are. This is proof that the internet can be a good thing at times. Proud to have you as friends.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:50 AM

As a friend of mine would say, "Another great thing happens in WGT land".

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 6:34 AM

Great thread!

RSS