Forums

Help › Forums

Is it true???

Mon, Jul 7 2014 5:05 PM (34 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 8:10 PM

viciii3:

I am now hearing that WGT will add errors to my shots when I hit the swing meter perfectly "too often"? This is suppposedly in response to or to prevent cheats and hacks??

Find another way to deal with cheaters and hacks, WGT, or I have spent my last dime here. Seriously...review my spending and let me know if you want me to leave...by not changing this policy.

Until I see an OFFICIAL post, from WGT, in the NEWS forum that this policy is no longer being followed...I am done. I will complete the tournaments I have already signed up for in my CC and then I'm done. No more ball purchases, no more Putter Pal purchases and no more club purchases.

Vic

It's true Bro...the more you ding, the worse your shots will be...unless your shots fall close or in the hole.

Then again...well, nevermind...

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:35 PM

Whatever it is we're talking about..I have no doubt that IT is TRUE !

(I'm just chasing baggs around because I'm bored  lolol.!)

on to the next baggs post  lolol !

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 11:56 PM

Search VEM. No tin foil hat required (although you lot who have replied might need a bit experience. You didn't even notice this in your play??). I'm done until this policy stops.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 12:10 AM

viciii3:

Search VEM.

The danger here is you'll probably find lots and lots of utter bullshite, mostly posted by that nut job FancyPipeGirl who went on and on for ages about VEM without apparently noticing his/her Google search had led him/her to a different acronym.  What a waste of oxygen that person is.

As soon as a shot goes wrong some people cry foul and rush to the forums to blabber on about VEM and how unfair it is and then threaten to go home and take their ball with them.  How many have considered the circles of precision and forgiveness?  Give that a search some time.  All I'll say here is that if you're unlucky you may see your perfectly played shot land several yards short, long, left or right.  You may also be lucky and see your badly played shot land right by the hole.  When was the last time anyone wrote a post about that? 

Hey WGT, I mishit my approach to Kiawah #4 really badly but the ball still finished 2 feet from the hole.  I'm not spending any more money until you sort this out.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 1:03 AM

viciii3:
    Search VEM.

Look don't take this the wrong way.  

Your stats a poor.  Something else is causing that away from VEM.  If anything VEM will still be helping you. Your stats say that you are not good enough to tell poor shots too often.  You are now a Master which is a huge jump from T Pro.

WGT stats are slow moving and thus tricky to interpret but the picture that builds up to me is as follows:

Driving:  Either you miss the ding a fair bit or off T Pro Tees you just hit and finished past the green.  No clue when you moved to Master.

Scrambling: You have no clue what to do off te fway.

GIR: You have excellent irons but the very poor stat says they are probably not mapped.  I say probably as off Master tees you are drive and short shot away mostly with what you have.  The starter sand wedge will not have the precision that a better one does.  

Dist to Pin: As per GIR

1 putts: Dreadful.  Maybe a knock on from poor other stats??

Solution:

Short term: Identify your average approach shot distance to start with.  Look what clubs you use and map those distance wise.  Then understand what to add from different lies (e.g. what would you do 50 yards out from 40/50 at merion???).

Longer term:

3 evenly spaced quality wedges. (the hybrid is a waste of oxygen)

Map all your irons, and understand pitches especially with the wedges. All shots actually with the wedges but start with the pitches.  E.G, 25 yards out you should be next to the hole. Learn punches as soon as you can too )I use that for 20 yards among others).

I am trying to be constructive.  The rest is up to you. If you do bother you will realise how naive your current point of view is.  No offence mate but you need to understand you do not currently have the game to know what a WTF shot is.  The rest is up to you and it's all in the forums.  You can also ask about shots and many will help, but just blaming it on VEM ...well I hope you can now see why you get the answers you do.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 1:36 AM
  • Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 2:15 AM

ECBonus:
    Its only on putts.

Duly noted, Larry!

CanineSupervisor:

Whatever it is we're talking about..I have no doubt that IT is TRUE !

(I'm just chasing baggs around because I'm bored  lolol.!)

on to the next baggs post  lolol !

Lol!, Baggs is a hoot!

• Whiskeybreathe
    2,275 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 6:23 AM

Vic, meet me in the clubhouse..I'm buying buddy   ;-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:50 AM

WigerToods2010:

Nay...granted ya crazy Scot!

"Grant Number: 7806777 Grant Date:

05.10.2010"

;)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 11:13 AM

VEM

WGTniv:
    Forgiveness shifts the precision circle left or right (and usually short) depending on how much you mishit and what the forgiveness rating of the club is.  Clubs with lesser forgiveness ratings shift the circle left/right more on mishits.

This is why (especially on low precision clubs) you can mishit slightly right of the mark and have the ball go left instead.  Mishitting right shifts the circle to the right, but part of the circle is still "leftover" on the left side of the flag, so it has the potential to land there.

WGTniv:
    The game is pretty simple. 

Precision controls your accuracy.

Imagine it's like a circle that surrounds the flagstick when you aim at it.  The size of that circle is related to the precision rating.  The higher the rating the smaller the circle.

Your ball can land anywhere in the circle on a dinged shot (left or right, long or short).

It will ALWAYS land in the circle on a ding shot, though sometimes it may land in the center of the circle and sometimes it may land on the very outer edge or anywhere in between those two points.  When it lands on the outer edge this is what you guys have come to know as "the beast".

Was the shot pre-programmed? Does it know you're standing on the 17th hole at Kiawah?

No, it's just unfortunate timing.

The result you see is the logical spread dictated by the precision rating of the club over 100 or 1,000 or 10,000 shots taken on the site.  No matter how big or small the sample it's amazingly consistent because it is after all only a simple mathematical formula.

The shot data is spread out amongst all users, so there will be times when you run into a lot of "edge cases" (aka deviations, aka outside edge of the precision circle) and times where you seemingly can't miss the center (even when you mishit).

This is the ebb and flow of the game and it's always been there.  In the short term you will have "bad" days and "good" days.  In the long term (providing they are using the same clubs) any one player will see the same amount of "edge cases" or "deviations" that the rest of the players do.

RSS