Help › Forums

June Updates- grid dots and flash update

Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:05 AM (106 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:00 AM

WGTadmin2:

RE: stopping the grid dots on the down swing

We have done substantial work to smooth the meter for lower end machines.  Part of the issue was when the dots were moving on the grid it could max out your PC's resources and cause a stutter in the meter.  So to make it better we stop all flash objects on the down swing except for the meter itself. thanks for understanding and I hope you appreciate the change

Never even noticed any difference regarding grid dots. Thanks for at least attempting to improve meter 'stutters' though.

WGTadmin2:

Regarding the required upgrade for flash player: We looked at the user submitted reports and the majority of the people crashing or disconnecting were using a old version of flash.  We apologize for asking you to upgrade but it should make the overall experience better. thanks for understanding.

(plus the old version of flash have security faults and should not be used)

Previously I'd used an ancient flash version and had a workaround that allowed me to do so. Logging in yesterday morning I was obviously asked to update flash - I refused to and messed around with my old settings.

Finally I just decided to go with the flow and downloaded a stand alone (minus the pep flash plug in) bang-up-to-date version and................ all is well with meter etc! Graphics look super and loading is fine.

Have to say I don't agree with the pop up stating players need to update their flash version to be able to play - surely that's an individual's choice?  and yes, I'm fully aware of possible security issues etc.

My only teensy weensy wee gripe is that when I mute the game invite sound whilst on the game client the wee speaker icon doesn't turn red.....  Shocking state of affairs !!!!

I refuse to play till you lot fix it................ lmao

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:00 AM

WGTadmin2:

Regarding the required upgrade for flash player: We looked at the user submitted reports and the majority of the people crashing or disconnecting were using a old version of flash.  We apologize for asking you to upgrade but it should make the overall experience better. thanks for understanding.

(plus the old version of flash have security faults and should not be used)

Just played a single hole and I'm not sure what you mean by REQUIRED. I still have an ancient flash version (did not update for at least 2 years) and the game let's me play the same way it did before. And I never experienced any security faults either, nor did I have disconnection issues.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:02 AM

One question for all you off dingers. Do you aim straight at the hole in real golf then pull or push your putt to offset the break??? I have never seen a player yet that played like that so why do it here???

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:05 AM

borntobesting:
    I have never seen a player yet that played like that so why do it here???

Because it's easier. It takes the distance from the hole out of the equasion (apart from the strength of putt, of course). You just click the same spot on the meter for the same dot speed every time, no need to calculate how far to move the marker because of the distance to the hole.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:06 AM

borntobesting:

One question for all you off dingers. Do you aim straight at the hole in real golf then pull or push your putt to offset the break??? I have never seen a player yet that played like that so why do it here???

Mibbes because this is an online game? 

Do you fix your ar$e to a chair and attempt to walk 18 fairways in real life too?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:08 AM

borntobesting:

....because this is a game and not real golf....lol

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:15 AM

today will make 866 days played in a row for me, and until you change the putting dots back i will only play 1 round to keep  my streak going, 1 game, so no ball purchases or equipment upgrades. Does losing my money mean anything to you?????? I AM STARTING TO THINK YOU DON'T  CARE, which defeats your sole purpose for this game 

TO MAKE MONEY wow just wow every update the game takes 3 giant steps backwards it is past absurd wgt

• remymartin71
    70 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:16 AM

you could make an option to set those stopping dots on or of dear wgt

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:25 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Never even noticed any difference regarding grid dots. Thanks for at least attempting to improve meter 'stutters' though.

I've never seen the moving dots on the backswing, but I've always had the putting grid option turned off.

I've been using Flash14 for awhile now, before the last upgrade with comodo dragon and have near perfect meter.

Try different browsers, it might work.  

-Roger

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:34 AM

mantis0014:

borntobesting:

....because this is a game and not real golf....lol

+1 - it's easier in the first place IMHO.

But, I'm afraid that ding putting w/ aim moving is more effective at last. Off-dingers (that is me) come to the point where we can't compensate the break with this method - it comes more with greens becoming faster. Then we have to move the aimer regardless and have no experience - might be better to move it from the start.

RSS