Forums

Help › Forums

June Updates- grid dots and flash update

Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:05 AM (106 replies)
  • tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 7:03 PM

I use an off ding style of play, and i need the green dots to move all the the time so that i can judge the break and decide which way to miss on the ding. With the dots stopping on the downswing i cant judge a putt to save my life PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK, PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THE GREEN DOTS MOVE ALL THE TIME :)

PLEASE

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 7:09 PM

OOOOOKAY....looks like it's back to playing a ctth a day to get points, collecting credits, and trolling the forums for awhile until this is over with...lol

all the courses I have BEEN playing are playing as if I have never played them before...must be my week to get zapped by wgt.....

wait a minute, I better try RSG, it was already playing that way for me so maybe everything I do will work now...

edit: So I did, been playing RSG really bad in that monthly unlimited...

lipped out eagle putt on the par 5 but still -6 after 6 holes...then it was like the game realized I was the one playing...WTF approach shot on 7, 30ft birdie putt lips out leaving a 5 ft level putt back...hit it at 5ft power and doesn't get to the hole for a bogey....#8 I have a perfectly straight 6.5 ft birdie putt, no movement in any of the 3 views, hit it at 6.5 power and it breaks off the hole....#9 after 2 good shots got a 8ft birdie putt with a slight R to L 1 cup break that doesn't break an inch LOL

I'm done for a few days, not worth the headache...

• lonniescott711
    4,185 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:21 PM

Been playing practice rounds and the meter is not , I repeat is not better . There was nothing wrong with my flash player 13.0 . The game played just fine . If all of the alleged problems were on the users end , then oh well . As players we have gotten along fairly well with out any help from WGT .

The excuse for tampering with the putting grid is garbage . But its ok . Until it reverts back to the way it was , I will be playing with the starter ball . Since I just purchased the 97 nikes , it will give me plenty of time to practice and learn my new clubs .

So I hope Wgt is happy . You just messed up the game for over at least 85 - 90 % of your players with this double brain fart . I would love to see the next quarter report when it comes out . Be willing to bet revenue from ball sales will be down . Club sales as well may take a hit . No sense in buying clubs when they cant play the game . Good luck with that one . 

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:28 PM

It seems all good for me still have the same flash and browser as before but the game seems to play a tad better imo 

• JJTHIRET
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:57 PM

I agree.. or at least give us the option to keep them going ... I putt the same way!

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:14 AM

My putting is based on those moving dots. I click late, early or ding depending what break i have and its much more a feeling then a calculated thing.

Well, i learned it that way and changing cost me too much in practice. 
    I Played a while earning credits by doing well in RG, but that period is over. Now left with 106 credits, no money to spend here anymore and about 10 balls left i was planning to stop anyway. Taking my way to putt away makes it even easier to stop alltogether.

Would have been nice if that moving dots, or freezing dots would be optional

PS got to 10000 ranked rounds though :-) 

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 2:06 AM

Anything new to do, there will always be 50% of unhappy people

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 3:18 AM

alberich35:

Anything new to do, there will always be 50% of unhappy people

Agreed.  And as with anything in life those who are unhappy are the ones you hear from.  Not knocking those who dislike the changes, it's just a fact of life. 

Customer care research tells you that someone who is unhappy with a service will tell around 7 times as many people about their bad experience as someone who had a good experience will.

So far I have to agree with this though:

spdemon:

It seems all good for me still have the same flash and browser as before but the game seems to play a tad better imo 

I haven't changed my Flash player in Maxthon from 11.5.502.110 and don't find the disappearing dots at all annoying.  If it hadn't been pointed out I probably wouldn't have noticed to be honest.

Would it be possible to have the grid stay visable as an option?  In fact, doesn't turning on the putting grid do this?      Hang on.....

Yeah, it does.

Edit:  I see the dots freeze once you release the mouse button, they keep moving when you're setting the power but freeze as soon as you release. 

I understand the reasoning behind this from WGT's point of view, perhaps this could be a selectable option?

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 4:16 AM

For what it's worth I'm in the "keep the dots moving" camp, but will adapt I suppose.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 4:28 AM

Probably me in my old age, but when I start the swing/downswing I am watching the meter like a hawk, having already decided where I want to stop. Young people must be able to see the dots and the meter at the same time  ;)

RSS