Forums

Help › Forums

June Updates- grid dots and flash update

Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:05 AM (106 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:26 AM

RE: stopping the grid dots on the down swing

We have done substantial work to smooth the meter for lower end machines.  Part of the issue was when the dots were moving on the grid it could max out your PC's resources and cause a stutter in the meter.  So to make it better we stop all flash objects on the down swing except for the meter itself. thanks for understanding and I hope you appreciate the change

Regarding the required upgrade for flash player: We looked at the user submitted reports and the majority of the people crashing or disconnecting were using a old version of flash.  We apologize for asking you to upgrade but it should make the overall experience better. thanks for understanding.

(plus the old version of flash have security faults and should not be used)

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:45 AM

Thanks for making an effort to help with the meter stutter. Much appreciated.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:56 AM

Very kind Chris2345- thanks

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:15 PM

Made mine worse, thanks for nothing

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:54 PM

I did the Flash  upgrade with a lot of trepidation because I've hung on to an older version of Flash that worked smooth as silk all the time. Well, tried a practice mode random 3 holes on Olympic. WOW, the graphic image of the course looks stunning and beautiful. Better than I've ever noticed before. Also, meter was smooth as silk so I'm good.

The one thing I'm getting now is a pop-up stating I'm using a browser no longer supported(IE8). I noticed when I downloaded Flash 14 that it asked me to also change my  browser to Google Chrome. I didn't change and refuse to change it. The WGT pop-up says I can continue using the unsupported browser but certain features may not work. Any idea what that means WGT folks???

• Specter84
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:59 PM

As I pointed out in the other thread, freezing the flash objects has significantly decreased my frustration level; Thanks!

However, there was 1 object that you missed; flag animation.  Yes, I have flag animation turned on, just in case I forget which way the wind is blowing as I begin my swing.  This, despite the inadequacies of my computer.  :)  This is not affecting the new smooth meter, however, so it may be fine to leave it on.

Specter

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:19 PM

I like seeing the flag fluttering, gives a touch of reality.

• cassie14
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:24 PM

Why such a cost, when joining wgt was suppose to be free?  I'll have to bail out!

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:26 PM

I think your meter fix for lower spec PC's has caused my higher spec PC which had a perfectly smooth meter to start stuttering since this update, especially on putts.  My game has gone from PERFECT to unplayable putting meter in a day.  Thanks WGT.  As usual fixing something causes a problem some where else.

Also since update i can not find a single multy player match, it just searches & searches then NOTHING, skins just goes straight to the no game found message

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:58 PM

CerinoDevoti:

I did the Flash  upgrade with a lot of trepidation because I've hung on to an older version of Flash that worked smooth as silk all the time. Well, tried a practice mode random 3 holes on Olympic. WOW, the graphic image of the course looks stunning and beautiful. Better than I've ever noticed before. Also, meter was smooth as silk so I'm good.

The one thing I'm getting now is a pop-up stating I'm using a browser no longer supported(IE8). I noticed when I downloaded Flash 14 that it asked me to also change my  browser to Google Chrome. I didn't change and refuse to change it. The WGT pop-up says I can continue using the unsupported browser but certain features may not work. Any idea what that means WGT folks???

I am not aware any specific features that won't work.  I just know with the unsupported browsers you could end up with more errors in game or possible slower load speeds.

- WGTdbloshoe

RSS