CC Owner's wish list

Sun, Jun 3 2018 9:06 PM (147 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 11:37 PM

pdb1:

DaddysKat:
    "Can you give this post a bump, please"

Why was it you are not able to bump a post ? I thought that any reply to a post is a bump .

Here, in the general forum it is.  Maybe it's just unique to our club, but a new post ends up on page 2 or 3.

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:56 AM

Anyone who uses forums outside of this place will know how basic the WGT one is for CCs.  We've never used it for our CC and set up an external proboards forum which does everything we need and more.

In terms of director options, the main one I'd like to see is to limit those who can create tournaments.  We hardly ever have any free slots as it is with CC tour stuff.  It only take a newbie to set up 1 or 2 comp to throw a spanner in the works.  Delegating access to accept and boot members would be handy too.

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:56 AM

DaddysKat:

I had this crazy idea regarding how to give directors the ability to help the owner while we wait for WGT to actually do something positive for the CC's.  It's just another work-around, but I think it could work.

Since WGT doesn't seem to care if you have multiple accounts, what if you did the following: Setup a new member and transfer ownership to it, then give the password to your directors so they can log in as the owner and assist?

It's a stretch, but it's been nearly a year since WGT started selling pipe dreams to the club owners and directors.  At least this type of multi could prove to be a good thing for the benefit of the CCs and their members.

Kat, I know of several CC's that has gone down this route. It certainly makes life a bit easier but it does expose the players involved to being banned for multi-accounting.

As for the issue regarding bumped posts remaining on page 2, 3, 15 or whatever - that used to drive me potty when I was where you are now.... - strangely enough, the problem did not exist in the CC I started after that.

But...  The chances of WGT doing anything to fix anything related to forums are virtually nil (as has been confirmed previouslyby WGT staff: WGT: 06-17-2014: I wish we had a much better forum and cc forum, but we transferring all the posts from this system to a new one scares the hell out of us).

The sad thing is that there are so many players that would be more than happy to assist WGT in getting things right but WGT do not seem to give a hoot and their  inability respond to their customer's requests/questions is shocking.

Personally, I have given up trying to get WGT to listen/respond to any requests. I play the game, enjoy the banter with my fellow CC members and all my other friends in this game and that's it.

Kelly

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:29 AM

Bump

Maybe WGT will tell us how the "we are looking into this"  is going...

• poyz7
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 3:22 PM

apologies if these suggestions already covered

1.instead of use free pass for members.....make it so players have to use the free pass when they have 1 available on their next game ( some players still dont use them,probably cuz they think it may affect their own xp)

2.have a list of members that are not in a CC so we can try and entice them to our clubs without having to check every profile to see if they are in a CC or not

3.ability for owners of CC to purchase clubs/balls/bags at lower price so be able to offer as prizes in CC tournies instead of credits or freeplay if only to entice more club members to enter tournies that we take time out of our own schedule to organize

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 3:39 PM

EasyEdward:
    Maybe WGT will tell us how the "we are looking into this"  is going...
    lol

RSS