Forums

Help › Forums

CC Owner's wish list

Sun, Jun 3 2018 9:06 PM (147 replies)
  • armchairalien
    258 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 2:10 PM
    I put the same idea out there at the CClub i belong to 5 director owner..recruiter ,,tourny director,,in house issues and problem solver and owners assistant
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2018 10:41 AM

It really is to bad Paul. It was great idea and it should not have been hard to change things

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 4:50 PM

Just on the suggestions list, yes Shrude and I were full of hope, that finally there may be lines of communication between WGT and the players.

Many have always suggested, a select group of players, CC owners could provide WGT feedback on proposed implementations and offer ideas to the company. Obviously, this never gained traction, well not on WGT's part lol. Effectively, a think tank for the game benefiting both WGT and the players.

The list was actually stickied for a long time - however when it became obvious that there was never going to be a comment from the company, I requested the thread should be deleted. Icon said no (with valid reasons) but agreed to un-sticky the thread and let it drift off into the abyss of WGT threads.

The list by Kelly was awesome and highly supported by the community.....sadly again there was no communication between WGT which is a pity, as CC's are often the lifeblood of this game - without the CC I belong to, I would have left by now.

Finally, to Shrude.........Shine on......

• jacktrade51
    10,908 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 7:25 PM

I was just reviewing that list above.  It's an old list and some of it has been done.  Some of it never will be … they are not going to give us ball retrievers and allow us to fish in the pond for a ball.

The 2 that stand out in my mind:

For the club:  Allow the owner and/or host to delete a tournament if nobody has played it yet.  As an owner, I can do it on club brackets.  But for anything else, we have to call WGT and while customer services is usually responsive, we should be able to do it on our own.  As best as we try, there are sometimes typos or glitches in posting tournaments.  We usually catch them quickly, and we should be able to fix it on our own.

For the player:  Allow us to break up an iron set.  Maybe I want a hybrid instead of a 3 iron.  Or I want to get rid of PW which I might hate for a different wedge.  I would expect to buy the new club.  I suggested this 3 years ago.  The choice between a hybrid and a 4th wedge should not be the only choice.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2018 1:37 AM

Easy to get chat room. But you won't get one through WGT.

One thing I've always wanted is choice to hide leaderboards . WGT do this in RGS so not sure how it can't be implemented into CCS. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2018 2:34 AM
    jacktrade51:
    It's an old list
    Yes it is an old list....early 2013.....and they were collated from various requests in the preceding years by many players. They were not my views (nor of Shrude's) and some have been implemented (some to my chagrin lol), others may be in the future, others never will be.

I knew some answers....well if they had been answered......well to many of the questions back then lol......for example, breaking an iron set would require totally reprogramming for each club....which would require a massive amount of a programmers time....that will not happen (personally, I would like a 2i in my bag). Over all the sets, with no return on that investment.....much better to introduce gimmicks for clashes, Harry Potter wands etc

Most changes introduced are for a simple reason....to create revenue (and it is a business so there is no issue with that)....WGT will not reinvent the wheel....they do enough to keep it turning and get as much mileage as they can before the wire on the tire is exposed.

• jacktrade51
    10,908 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 9:06 PM

alanti:
    I knew some answers....well if they had been answered......well to many of the questions back then lol......for example, breaking an iron set would require totally reprogramming for each club....which would require a massive amount of a programmers time....that will not happen

I sort of figured that already because even WGT could figure out the revenue there.

I would dump my 3i for a hybrid in a second, and might also dump PW for the sort of new MacDaddy 115 yd wedge.

RSS