1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:18 PM

10 words or less please.......

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:23 PM

tiffer67:

10 words or less please.......

Sorry for typing up responses with substance.

Next time I will just say "STFU NOOB" to anyone that I disagree with.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 1:13 PM

How about you just post when you have something interesting to say and not because you have to say something?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 1:26 PM

tiffer67:

How about you just post when you have something interesting to say and not because you have to say something?

ironking34 thought the lack of effort on the part of TMs was a "great point," and I am sorry that you did not find my observations, which are blatantly obvious, to be interesting.

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 2:56 PM

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

ironking34 thought the lack of effort on the part of TMs was a "great point," and I am sorry that you did not find my observations, which are blatantly obvious, to be interesting.

sir, it's not lack of effort on my part but lack of time. i have something of a life and don't have the time to devote to this that you do. and second, i never said you should get @%#$ed more, i just said that you should have to play in legend only tournaments where as you say yourself, you are one of the "top dogs" so it should hardly even be a blip on your radar for you to defeat your fellow, but less capable bretheren

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:21 PM

The thread started with Legends moaning that life was so tough for them now that they couldn't win RG's because they were at such a disadvantage to TM's - then when it was pointed out that they ARE winning RG's nearly all the time someone came up with the feeble excuse that it was because TM's don't play in them (due to sandbagging) and everyone jumped onto the bandwagon.

Either Legends are winning RG's or they're not. At present they are. I will be impressed by their arguments when they're not but until then they'll have no sympathy from me.

Try being a mere Master in RG's, then you'll know what a tough life really is - heavy winds and tournament greens in St Andrews full 18 RG's, trying to compete with both TM's and Legends - oh, sorry, I forgot - TM's don't play in RG's!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:43 PM

Bigfoot49uk:
    The thread started with Legends moaning that life was so tough for them now that they couldn't win RG's because they were at such a disadvantage to TM's - then when it was pointed out that they ARE winning RG's nearly all the time someone came up with the feeble excuse that it was because TM's don't play in them (due to sandbagging) and everyone jumped onto the bandwagon.

Either Legends are winning RG's or they're not. At present they are. I will be impressed by their arguments when they're not but until then they'll have no sympathy from me.

Try being a mere Master in RG's, then you'll know what a tough life really is - heavy winds and tournament greens in St Andrews full 18 RG's, trying to compete with both TM's and Legends - oh, sorry, I forgot - TM's don't play in RG's!

You have no idea what you're talking about... at all.

The fact that Captain Shank was #3 on the earnings leaderboard as a TM, but gave up immediately after becoming a legend, completely shocked at how hard it is to compete as a legend pretty much speaks for itself.

Competing as a TM is to competing as a legend what playing with legos is to building a space shuttle.

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:09 PM

CharlemagneRH:

You have no idea what you're talking about... at all.

The fact that Captain Shank was #3 on the earnings leaderboard as a TM, but gave up immediately after becoming a legend, completely shocked at how hard it is to compete as a legend pretty much speaks for itself.

Competing as a TM is to competing as a legend what playing with legos is to building a space shuttle.

So you quote the example of ONE person - only ONE - to justify the moaning??!! The fact is that Legends ARE winning the vast majority of RG's. If they weren't I could see the argument but they are so where is their disadvantage??

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:24 PM

cobaltm:

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

sir, it's not lack of effort on my part but lack of time. i have something of a life and don't have the time to devote to this that you do. and second, i never said you should get @%#$ed more, i just said that you should have to play in legend only tournaments where as you say yourself, you are one of the "top dogs" so it should hardly even be a blip on your radar for you to defeat your fellow, but less capable bretheren

charlemagne, yu ducked replying to this one, WHATS UP

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:04 AM

Bigfoot49uk:
    So you quote the example of ONE person - only ONE - to justify the moaning??!! The fact is that Legends ARE winning the vast majority of RG's. If they weren't I could see the argument but they are so where is their disadvantage??

We win about half the RGs.

I have to admit that I've been very lucky the past few rounds, and I'm slated to win 3 out of my last 3 RGs, but if you want to look at the whole picture fairly, I got my ass kicked for the 12-15 RGs before those three, finishing anywhere from 5th to 15th.

Bigfoot49uk:
    charlemagne, yu ducked replying to this one, WHATS UP

#1 That doesn't help the "barely" legend players, who are screwed in either RG format.   Legends with 65-68 averages stand no chance against BB, Angeltotti, pricehcs, myself, MacGillicuddy, ncviz, jake, thunderbird, etc.

#2 What's stopping one of the 65-68 legends from quitting their account, starting a new one, and cleaning up the master RGs?  Look at the complaints about the amateur and pro tournament complaints.  People complain all the time about how some amateur won the monthly tournament by shooting 12 under for 18 holes.  Master-only and pro-only RGs would be no different.  65-68 legends have no chance of making money in legend-only RGs, but they could clean up the master and pro RGs... and they would!

RSS