tuff times for legends

Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:01 AM (44 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:07 AM

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to consistently perform at a top ten level across all ready gos every day Charle.

I don't exactly know what you're getting at since I was in the top 10 last month, even though I took about 5 days off from roughly Sept. 3-8., and when I resumed, I was 50th on the earnings list.  I am a top 10 earnings maker.

Do you have difficulty it understanding a point made in isolation, not relating to the main discussion point of the thread?

My point was in relation to you dismissing some players performances as purely down to "effort". The reason I put this to you is that you don't play all of the ready gos, across all courses and conditions.

I don't need to be told where you finished in the monthly money list, it was just below me. Nor do I need to be told where you are this month, I can read perfectly well. I know you are a very good player but you display an arrogance and adopt a dismissive attitude to others performances, where it really isn't necessary. By all means bask in your own glory but show some respect for others where it is due.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:21 AM

tiffer67:

Do you have difficulty it understanding a point made in isolation, not relating to the main discussion point of the thread?

My point was in relation to you dismissing some players performances as purely down to "effort". The reason I put this to you is that you don't play all of the ready gos, across all courses and conditions.

I don't need to be told where you finished in the monthly money list, it was just below me. Nor do I need to be told where you are this month, I can read perfectly well. I know you are a very good player but you display an arrogance and adopt a dismissive attitude to others performances, where it really isn't necessary. By all means bask in your own glory but show some respect for others where it is due.

Your posts are quite off-topic, so I'm not really even going to address them.

Captain Shank proved that it is not at all impossible to be in the top 10 as a TM.  More proof that legends are at a huge disadvantage is proven by looking at RG finishes and seeing that half the top 10 is non-legend.  That's really all that has to be said on the matter.  TMs simply have no room to complain.  They aren't absent from the top 10 due to the legend penalties not being severe enough, but simply a lack of effort.

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:24 AM

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to consistently perform at a top ten level across all ready gos every day Charle.

I don't exactly know what you're getting at since I was in the top 10 last month, even though I took about 5 days off from roughly Sept. 3-8., and when I resumed, I was 50th on the earnings list.  I am a top 10 earnings maker.

Hey Tiff,

You didn't care he was on vacation for about 5 days off from roughly Sept. 3-8?

I think it's important that everyone knows that!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:25 AM

Lol, you really don't seem to understand discussion Charle. Discussions involve more than one person's opinion, not just your own.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:31 AM

gobbog:

Hey Tiff,

Charle is a graduate from the school of learning that says, why type out one sentence when ten will do instead. I hope he had a lovely time wherever he was :^)

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:31 AM

I want to know what he was doing on those five days. Enquiring Minds and all that......

• goper825
    3 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:37 AM

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

Your posts are quite off-topic, so I'm not really even going to address them.

Captain Shank proved that it is not at all impossible to be in the top 10 as a TM.  More proof that legends are at a huge disadvantage is proven by looking at RG finishes and seeing that half the top 10 is non-legend.  That's really all that has to be said on the matter.  TMs simply have no room to complain.  They aren't absent from the top 10 due to the legend penalties not being severe enough, but simply a lack of effort.

most all of the replys to my post missed my intent. yes i do not put anywhere near the same amount of time into this sight as you gods and i truely never expect to be able to compete with any of u on a day to day basis, but when i manage to shoot a 29 or 30 on one of the ready go's and only manage to get back half of the lousy dollar that i put up then it just makes sense for me to not put up a lousy dollar just so you gods can get rich.(joke) My point is that you GODS (not legends) need to fleece each other instead of always taking us part timers money, so you should have your own ready go's

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:07 AM

thunderbird:

Do you not believe that the best should be able to earn the most money?  The example that WGT has set up is similar to a bank that takes its best loan officer and says you are going to be handicaped by not having your loans processed on time, and you are only allowed to have one or two referral partners.  While they tell those loan officers that are sub standard and say lets make it as easy as possible for you.  We will give you are best referral partners, process your loans as quick as possible and we will pay you double for your efforts. 

I love how people think that the best should be penalized for being the best.  Tour Masters still have the same clubs and they are hitting into many greens two or three less clubs.  I have finished second in the last three days more times than I count and that has been to TM shooting scores that were at least four or five shots better.  Fair I don't think so. 

I believe that the guys at WGT are working hard to fix this problem and reward the best for being the best.  While still making it fair for all else who play.  Tiered Ready Go's is the way to go.

amen to the tiered ready go's. that was all i was tryin to say before

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:10 AM

Tiered RGs just means that legends will be facing extremely stiff competition, while legends sandbagging as TMs destroy the lower tiers.  It's not going to solve your problems.  If you can't win an open RG with all the penalties foisted upon legends, you're not going to win a masters-only RG either.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:11 AM

gobbog:
    Hey Tiff,

Point was that tiffer was trying to rub in the fact that he was above me in earnings for no reason, so I had to explain why it was that that was the case.  Also, much to the contrary of what he claimed, it is harder to get into the top 10 off of only half the RGs than it is to get into the top 10 from playing all the RGs.

Not only did he try to rub it in without provocation, but he was also wrong, and the whole thing was completely off-topic.

RSS