Help › Forums

tuff times for legends

Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:01 AM (44 replies)
  • cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:20 AM

CharlemagneRH:

cobaltm:

gee wiz, almost 24 hours into the new month and only 10 legends have managed to earn more than 20 dollars for the month. tuff times............... i'll say it again, not fair for us mortals to play ready go's against the (GOD) legends

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.  TM's would have no problem being in the top 10, but they don't put much effort in, so they aren't.

The only significant difference between RGs now and RGs two months ago is legends have been bent over.  Nothing of any significance is harder for masters now than it was two months ago.

checked out your recent score history and true, with a little more EFFORT as u like to say it, i could compete with YOU. you are merly a "legend". the people i speak of are the GODS stuck in the "legend" catagory that shoot sub 60's at will or 11 under for 9 holes, they need their own tier

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:27 AM

90 days for you at WGT (on this account) 546 forum posts. Enough said!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:32 AM

CharlemagneRH:

Point was that tiffer was trying to rub in the fact that he was above me in earnings for no reason, so I had to explain why it was that that was the case.  Also, much to the contrary of what he claimed, it is harder to get into the top 10 off of only half the RGs than it is to get into the top 10 from playing all the RGs.

Not only did he try to rub it in without provocation, but he was also wrong, and the whole thing was completely off-topic.

You seem to think that whatever you type is fact. I never stated it was harder to get into the top ten playing all the RGs, than playing in only half of them. I stated I think you underestimated how difficult it is to consistently attain top ten results across all the different RGs on all courses and conditions.

You were the one bragging about being in the top ten, I hadn't mentioned it prior. For your information I too had a period of not playing the RGs last month, although it had nothing to do with being on holiday.

So in fact you are wrong. You should pay equal attention to your reading as you do to your writing, that way you would make less mistakes.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:49 AM

cobaltm:
    checked out your recent score history and true, with a little more EFFORT as u like to say it, i could compete with YOU. you are merly a "legend". the people i speak of are the GODS stuck in the "legend" catagory that shoot sub 60's at will or 11 under for 9 holes, they need their own tier

You are a complete joke.  There is only one legend that I am familiar with and consider to be significantly better than myself, and he doesn't even play RGs, so he doesn't count.  Legends who actually do play RGs that are only slightly better than me (pricehcs, Angeltotti, etc.) can be counted on one hand.

I am currently ranked #2 on the earnings leaderboard, so if all it takes is a little effort on your part to compete with me, then you have no room to be complaining.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:51 AM

tiffer67:
    I never stated it was harder to get into the top ten playing all the RGs, than playing in only half of them. I stated I think you underestimated how difficult it is to consistently attain top ten results across all the different RGs on all courses and conditions.

Do you have any idea how the earnings leaderboard works?

Between the two of you, I can't figure out who is more ridiculous.

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:00 AM

CharlemagneRH:

cobaltm:

You are a complete joke.  There is only one legend that I am familiar with and consider to be significantly better than myself, and he doesn't even play RGs, so he doesn't count.  Legends who actually do play RGs that are only slightly better than me (pricehcs, Angeltotti, etc.) can be counted on one hand.

I am currently ranked #2 on the earnings leaderboard, so if all it takes is a little effort on your part to compete with me, then you have no room to be complaining.

CharlemagneRH:

cobaltm:

OH,OKAY,MY BAD. U DA MAN

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:02 AM

Charle please take a moment and think about the subject that we are talking about here.  You tend to post a lot and I would prefer and I am sure many others would to, if we can keep the forums helpful not about oneself.  There is community introductions for which you can write in there about yourself.  I am not pointing just you out but I have been around here for some time and find that some just enjoy hearing  themselves write.

I have suggested tiered ready go's so that it would equalize the legend tier.  The best scores would then win in each tier as they are playing equal conditions.  I have yet to see a successful tournament where different tees where used to make a more fair environment where everyone hit it the same distance.  

The truly best option but highly unlikely to come from WGT is that everyone plays the same tees in RG's.  Now that would cause a real riot in the lower tiers because they would believe we are cheating and I could here the accusatory statements, "No one could score that low."

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:21 AM

thunderbird:

Charle please take a moment and think about the subject that we are talking about here.  You tend to post a lot and I would prefer and I am sure many others would to, if we can keep the forums helpful not about oneself.  There is community introductions for which you can write in there about yourself.  I am not pointing just you out but I have been around here for some time and find that some just enjoy hearing  themselves write.

I have suggested tiered ready go's so that it would equalize the legend tier.  The best scores would then win in each tier as they are playing equal conditions.  I have yet to see a successful tournament where different tees where used to make a more fair environment where everyone hit it the same distance.  

The truly best option but highly unlikely to come from WGT is that everyone plays the same tees in RG's.  Now that would cause a real riot in the lower tiers because they would believe we are cheating and I could here the accusatory statements, "No one could score that low."

tiffer is the one that steered this thread in the direction of how good I am by saying that he doesn't believe that I know how hard it is to reach the top 10 in earnings while playing all the RGs which is obviously ridiculous because I am in the top 10 while playing 9-hole RGs almost exclusively.  Prior to that, I said nothing about myself.

As far as making people start from the same tees goes, yes, that would obviously start an absolute bitchfest from those who could clearly not compete without the severe penalties that are currently foisted upon legends.  How they are still crying with these penalties in place boggles the mind.  Unbelievable.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:39 AM

CharlemagneRH:

Charle I have no desire to get into a petty back and forth of ever increasing insults with you. I have already stated that I think you are a very good player. I previously encouraged you to start playing Bethpage RGs as a way of answering your critics in past threads. As a player you have few equals, as a poster, you lack class and are clearly hard of thinking.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:05 PM

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

Charle I have no desire to get into a petty back and forth of ever increasing insults with you. I have already stated that I think you are a very good player. I previously encouraged you to start playing Bethpage RGs as a way of answering your critics in past threads. As a player you have few equals, as a poster, you lack class and are clearly hard of thinking.

Look, let me explain something to you.  If I only played KIA B9 and ST A F9, and I still made it into the top 10 based on those two RGs alone, do you have any idea how hard that would be?  Seeing as how you have to make about $400/mo to make it into the top 10, and that I would only be averaging about 3.5 RGs per day if I only played KIA B9 and ST A F9, that would require that I win almost every single RG that I entered.  That would be pretty much a miracle.  It would be pretty much impossible to do that, whereas getting into the top 10 playing 8 RGs a day is really not all that hard.  Saying that it is harder to get into the top 10 by playing all the RGs, is simply absurd.  I'm sorry, but it is.  It might take more effort, but it is much, much easier.  Calling your statements in this thread absurd does not mean I lack class.

Saying that the only reason why TMs aren't in the top 10 is because they simply don't play enough RGs to make it there also does not mean I lack class.  In fact, it means that I respect the amount of effort that Iconian, yoban, et al. put into their RG play last month, which you could say is rather classy.

Normally you're a somewhat level-headed guy, tiffer, but I didn't make this thread about me, nor did I say anything in this thread that was tactless.  I respect those who put a lot of effort into their RG play, and I don't respect those who play 2 RGs a day and then whine that they aren't in the top 10.. or that want legend penalties increased because they, a mediocre master, can't beat the very best legends that there are, ignoring all of the legends that, nine times out of ten, would get absolutely destroyed by the 63-65 TMs, which accounts for about 50% of legends.  I did an MPC like two weeks, and I got my ass handed to me.  It wasn't even close.  Prior to the changes, my record was something along the lines of 18-2, but now I don't even play MPC because I'm 95% sure that if I ever play a TM or M, or even a pro or amateur, I'm going to get my ass kicked.  And then this guy has the nerve to say that us legends ought to be ***ed harder?  Sorry, but no.  At some point, you have to draw a line and start being rude.  *** anybody that wants even more penalties for legends.

RSS