Forums

Help › Forums

tuff times for legends

Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:01 AM (44 replies)
  • cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 7:44 PM

gee wiz, almost 24 hours into the new month and only 10 legends have managed to earn more than 20 dollars for the month. tuff times............... i'll say it again, not fair for us mortals to play ready go's against the (GOD) legends

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 6:02 AM

Do you not believe that the best should be able to earn the most money?  The example that WGT has set up is similar to a bank that takes its best loan officer and says you are going to be handicaped by not having your loans processed on time, and you are only allowed to have one or two referral partners.  While they tell those loan officers that are sub standard and say lets make it as easy as possible for you.  We will give you are best referral partners, process your loans as quick as possible and we will pay you double for your efforts. 

I love how people think that the best should be penalized for being the best.  Tour Masters still have the same clubs and they are hitting into many greens two or three less clubs.  I have finished second in the last three days more times than I count and that has been to TM shooting scores that were at least four or five shots better.  Fair I don't think so. 

I believe that the guys at WGT are working hard to fix this problem and reward the best for being the best.  While still making it fair for all else who play.  Tiered Ready Go's is the way to go.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 6:08 AM

cobaltm:

gee wiz, almost 24 hours into the new month and only 10 legends have managed to earn more than 20 dollars for the month. tuff times............... i'll say it again, not fair for us mortals to play ready go's against the (GOD) legends

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.  TM's would have no problem being in the top 10, but they don't put much effort in, so they aren't.

The only significant difference between RGs now and RGs two months ago is legends have been bent over.  Nothing of any significance is harder for masters now than it was two months ago.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 6:46 AM

A Tour Master crying about how hard it it, that's rich, think I've heard it all now.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:03 AM

You gotta be kidding me, half of the legends who used to play rg's on a regular basis don't play them at all because it's unfair. Get a clue OP. JB

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:04 AM

CharlemagneRH:

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.  TM's would have no problem being in the top 10, but they don't put much effort in, so they aren't.

Great point, it's safe to say that most of the sandbagggers are now in the tour master tier.  If the better tour masters played as much as the legends they would be dominating the Leaderboard, however they don't because of their fear of becoming Legends (I'm sure we all remembered Captain Shank totally quit his profile after becoming a Legend)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:45 AM

ironking34:

CharlemagneRH:

Great point, it's safe to say that most of the sandbagggers are now in the tour master tier.  If the better tour masters played as much as the legends they would be dominating the Leaderboard, however they don't because of their fear of becoming Legends (I'm sure we all remembered Captain Shank totally quit his profile after becoming a Legend)

I don't know that Captain Shank was sandbagging, but he was a clear example of how a TM could be at the top of the leaderboard.  I think he was #3 when he made legend, even though it is incredibly unlikely that he put in the same effort as Iconian and yoban, who averaged probably 12 RGs/day last month.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 8:18 AM

CharlemagneRH:

I don't know that Captain Shank was sandbagging, but he was a clear example of how a TM could be at the top of the leaderboard.  I think he was #3 when he made legend, even though it is incredibly unlikely that he put in the same effort as Iconian and yoban, who averaged probably 12 RGs/day last month.

I'm not saying he was sandbagging (a lot of the tour master are though) but he is an example of a tour master that just didn't even try to play the game at legend status that alone should tell you how unfair the game is at the legend tier.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 8:33 AM

CharlemagneRH:

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to consistently perform at a top ten level across all ready gos every day Charle.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 8:47 AM

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

A lot of legends play every single RG, so what is often mistaken as some sort of extreme superiority is simply effort.

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to consistently perform at a top ten level across all ready gos every day Charle.

I don't exactly know what you're getting at since I was in the top 10 last month, even though I took about 5 days off from roughly Sept. 3-8., and when I resumed, I was 50th on the earnings list.  I am a top 10 earnings maker.  If I am, as you say, underestimating how hard it is to do what I do, that would be a hard thing to sell around here because last I checked, quite a few posters believe that I overestimate myself.

Whether or not I'm a top 10 player on each course is another matter.  It's irrelevant to the discussion of RG earnings leaders because it doesn't matter if BB is better than I am because he doesn't play RGs.

Both matters are irrelevant in the context of my original statement, which was that the reason there are so few TMs in the top 10 is because they simply don't play as often.  As proven by Captain Shank last month, it is not at all difficult for a TM to be in the top 10 on the earnings leaderboard.  Yes, a legend has to be very good to make it into the top 10, and yes, a TM has to be good (for a TM) in order to make it to a top 10.  The reason why there are so few TMs in the top 10, though, is due to a lack of effort... not because it is impossible.

RSS