Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:42 PM (59 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 2:55 PM

IRISHPUNK:

Shinnecock

2018 for the US Open.

2015 - Chambers Bay

2016 - We already have it -  Oakmont CC.

2017 - Erin Hills

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:01 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Give me Pebble, Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Prarire Dunes, Southern Hills

You know it ! But, I doubt that any of the fine folk in the Hamptons will raise hands...so Shinnecock, not. I believe that Winged Foot would take all of the charm, butter, flattery, kissing of the entire butt, plus one arm and two legs and still tell you to shove-off. Pebble is done...or that's the rumor. But, I believe that Southern Hills & Prairie Dunes could be had, the only problem is that Tulsa (SH) & Hutchinson (PD) are both right of red and I don't know how accepting they would be to "Hello, I'm Chad from Frisco"

• John3145
    64 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 7:52 PM

The three courses I'd like to see WGT acquire would be: TPC at Sawgrass (imagine how awesome the 17th hole would be), Colonial Country Club, and the TPC at Scottsdale. Just the three I'd like to see, and this is my humble opinion.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 8:47 AM

SweetiePie:

TarheelsRule:
    Give me Pebble, Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Prarire Dunes, Southern Hills

I believe that Southern Hills & Prairie Dunes could be had, the only problem is that Tulsa (SH) & Hutchinson (PD) are both right of red and I don't know how accepting they would be to "Hello, I'm Chad from Frisco"

That made me giggle, ty :-)

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 10:53 AM

alosso:

Sorry to say: It's a game of length...

Oakmont: 7238 yds from Pro (Legend) tees,

Dornoch Championship: 6711 yds from the very tips (blue, past white and yellow (men))

Which best TL score would you expect after one week?

Gotcha!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 3:01 PM

Winged Foot - 2020 US Open.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:13 AM

In 2016  WGT could give us the ladies open venue or the senior open venue. Or any of the other U.S.G.A tourney venues. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:22 AM

If their agreement with the USGA provides for such - but I would bet the agreement between WGT and the USGA only applies the the Men's US Open venues.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:24 AM

ApexPC:

If their agreement with the USGA provides for such - but I would bet the agreement between WGT and the USGA only applies the the Men's US Open venues.

We got  Oakmont  in 2010  when it was the Ladies Open course because  WGT had a problem getting Pebble Beach. So there is a precedent for getting a course other than the Men's U.S Open course. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:05 PM

I didn't know that. Thanks. Now I know not to make that bet.

I found WGT in March of 2012.

RSS