Forums

Help › Forums

New courses opinions

Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:42 PM (59 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 4:00 AM

ShadyShank:

one of the guys on my team is in a highly appointed position in our federal government.

I'm definitely going to bring up the topic of this site and the possibility of creating one that can get the courses, will get them, and won't screw the players at every turn.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 1:34 PM

RogerJohnson475:
    Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Valhalla, Firestone, Muirfield Village, Tobacco Road (NC), Sand Hills, Whistling Straits, Castle Pines, TPC at Sawgrass, Harbour Town,

I would drool for Pine, Cypress, Muirfield & Sawgrass....LA North and Riveria would likewise move me...but then Southern Hills and Winged Foot would turn my head hard, along with Prairie Dunes and Bay Hill...and heck, throw in Banff just for kicks

• Bluesun43
    1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 7:11 AM

Pine Valley would be great, and nobody has mentioned Seminole.  But even better would be more of the great courses from Scotland, Ireland and N. Ireland  --  and WGT could add a new "Extreme Wind" option for those.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 8:04 AM

Torrey Pines is a muni. It's got that Pebble Beach feel without the snobbery.

Google images

for the course. Pretty majestic. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 9:20 AM

JimbeauC:

Torrey Pines is a muni. It's got that Pebble Beach feel without the snobbery.

Google images

for the course. Pretty majestic. 

Agreed. Either. Both, No & So, better

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 9:37 AM

No one loves new courses any more than I do but we should be realistic.    Pine Valley is very private and exclusive, they would never allow WGT to use them for a 'video game' and there are many other courses mentioned in the same position.

The biggest hope that we have in my opinion is to partner up with the PGA as we did with the USGA.    The PGA is viewed as the ugly sister to the USGA but in fact they have had greats courses to host PGA events, Winged Foot, Southern Hills, Prarire Dunes, etc. so I think that is our best option.

The deal with the R&A is done and I don't anticipate going back to them.    Sorry for the international players but the cost to put a course in say Australia on WGT is probably too high.

To be able to get some of the great PGA host courses each year would be our best bet and it looks like WGT is at least exploring that option.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 9:40 AM

i wish i had a credit for every one of these threads that are started ...

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 1:33 PM

ShadyShank:

. . . one of the guys on my team is in a highly appointed position in our federal government.

I'm definitely going to bring up the topic of this site and the possibility of creating one that can get the courses, will get them, and won't screw the players at every turn. 

Appointed! LOL. Not necessarily a point of recommendation.

But it may indicate sufficient money being contributed to the administration to garner the appointment.

I surely doubt the US federal government or anyone else can force golf courses to allow use of their property in an online golf game, regardless of who created the game.

Too. WGT has patents on various aspects of their game, and it takes a long time to do the work it takes to add an 18 hole course for stroke play to WGT. 

So, I think it's highly unlikely any other virtual golf web site will be competition for WGT any time in the foreseeable future.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 6:06 PM

filmslayer:

i wish i had a credit for every one of these threads that are started ...

lol this^

• JSSfamilyfungolf
    76 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 9:16 PM

Thx guys for all ur opinions! But, WHY IS'NT WGT DOING ANYTHING ABT THIS!?!?!? They can't have not seen this! They should at least give us a reply no matter what

RSS