Forums

Help › Forums

New courses opinions

Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:42 PM (59 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:29 PM

JSSfamilyfungolf:

Thx guys for all ur opinions! But, WHY IS'NT WGT DOING ANYTHING ABT THIS!?!?!? They can't have not seen this! They should at least give us a reply no matter what

Basically WGT has never communicated about what the future development will be, a few hints here and there, but they will not come out with a specific roadmap of courses they plan to implement.

Essentially it is a very expensive and time consuming process to produce a course.

I am sure most of us would like more courses, me included but I accept that it is not possible nor finacially feasible to roll out a bunch of courses at once.

And why bot actually play and learn the courses we have before shouting about new courses?

• johnlewis01
    14 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:50 PM

"Basically WGT has never communicated about what the future development will be, a few hints here and there, but they will not come out with a specific roadmap of courses they plan to implement."

This is not quite true , they used to show a future plan of what they wanted to do in the main gaming screen a few years ago 2012 /2013 showing different courses for each year but it appears that this is no longer the case for whatever reason 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:05 AM

Thank you for alerting us to this fact. We are a little behind in updating this thread and will address that matter this coming week. We apologize for the inconvenience. Below is the thread with the updates.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5038.aspx

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:58 AM

johnlewis01:

This is not quite true , they used to show a future plan of what they wanted to do in the main gaming screen a few years ago 2012 /2013 showing different courses for each year but it appears that this is no longer the case for whatever reason 

That was an exclusive timeline for the addition of USGA US Open venues in a section labeled something like The USGA Zone - that was recently eliminated.

• JSSfamilyfungolf
    76 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 6:38 AM

About the updates, what happened to Bandon dunes or whatever it's called. Never heard anything about it recently

4,131 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:33 PM

Gotta chime in that we are very fortunate to have both Merion and Oakmont.  Two classic American courses rich in history.  Always in the top ten list.

My vote would be more from Scotland, Ireland and England.  Or Prairie Dunes!

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 9:19 AM

Mine is pretty opposite here.

Links courses, especially on WGT play pretty much the same.   I think that having two is enough, especially when we have Kiawah, a modified links course and might get Brandon Dunes or maybe one of the Kohler courses next year which are American links style courses.

Give me Pebble, Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Prarire Dunes, Southern Hills, etc. and I'll be happy just give us something besides another CTTH course or another best of course.

I'm thinking soon we will get a best of worse holes on WGT course.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 9:27 AM

TarheelsRule:
    I have argued for a while that since it is now obvioius that the Brits and Scots don't want WGT on their courses, we need to look at the PGA courses.

Really?  Do you have inside information on WGT's operations or are you just talking out of your *** much like my German troll friend here...

alosso:

I'd rather think that they are too snobbish to accept the deal:

No dogs, no women, no virtual presence.

Back on topic It would be nice to see new courses. My preference would by Cypress Point, Woodhall Spa and Royal County Down but just to see any new course would make me happy, afterall variety is the spice of life. I imagine it would be nigh impossible to get somewhere as elitist as Augusta.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:38 PM

USA: Cypress Point.  Shinnecock.

Europe:  Royal Dornoch

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:57 PM

Sorry to say: It's a game of length...

Oakmont: 7238 yds from Pro (Legend) tees,

Dornoch Championship: 6711 yds from the very tips (blue, past white and yellow (men))

Which best TL score would you expect after one week?

RSS