4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:08 PM

SIR ANDY....only you...splendid ;-}

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:38 PM

SweetiePie:

I'll take it............just don't tell my 'son' ;-)))

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:19 AM

alcaucin:

SweetiePie:

I'll take it............just don't tell my 'son' ;-)))

ohhh-la-la    The Secret Senior Sandwich

• wbrinston
    108 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:26 AM

Speaking of new Legends, Bubajones joined WGT Jan, 1 2015 in 55 days he made Legend could that be a  record? He is a real gamer and played a lot of rounds well done Buba!

• David7578
    34 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 9:50 AM

I'm now a new Legend too. I'm quite discouraged by the incredible jump needed to reach TL. But I understood quickly that levels and tiers follow a geometrical (if not exponential) curve.

But rather than tiers, I'd like to uprgrade my equipment quicker... It's not that bad, just not enough. Mainly the putter though, I miss way too many 3-5 feet putts, when I feel I do well for 5 to 10 feet... And it really is a ding problem. And no, I won't use "better" balls, because they cripple my timing and the way I perceive the game.

The problem is that after level 80, the xp needed for each level increases like crazy and you need to play a lot to unlock new equipment. And I'm sorry, but I do not have enough time to play more than 36 to 54 holes a day, which already takes a lot of time. I feel that by the time I reach 89 from 84, the SLDR Black will be gone...

Regarding legend tees, well my irons are not that great, so on courses other than chambers, it feels like I can adapt.

Last but not least, I read about VEM and I keep wondering if there's some truth to it for my putter and sometimes my beloved 60y cleve...

Thanks for reading

• David7578
    34 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:40 PM

I noticed for the 9 holes, read about it, but was skeptical about it nonetheless... I can change my habits then.

The only difference it makes is the CC contribution, not that half the shot points makes a huge difference.

Regarding the TL tier, it's not a very huge problem. I do not want the title that much. Even more now that we got champion and tour champion, like 2 weeks ago.

What hurts a bit is the steep increase in XP points needed to get better equipment. Because it really makes a difference.

Thanks for reading 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 10:08 AM

alosso:

Great post, describing very well how a Legend may think and feel.

Your essay fits well to my current situation: I just saturated my Legend average!

500 scores which were a long stretch to go, and my feeble average is 68+. Included are some remarkable (for me) scores of 58 and 60, a total of perhaps 50 scores which may have a standing to the next promotion. Right now it seems impossible to score 450 more of those, but time will show.

The main "task" at hand will be to keep up the fun and enjoyment!

Well after just hitting Legend yesterday I went looking for some tips and tricks, and came upon this thread.  Thanks to all for the info., and thanks alosso for some clarity about the loooooooooonng road ahead.

So to summarize:

You saturated your Legend average ~ 2.5 years ago.

...and are still a Legend with an average of 65.70, but yet your score history says you definitely can play this game.  My avg. of 65..is because I was promoted to Legend while in the middle of a round -- so I haven't yet played a round from the Legend tees yet.

So...I'm left thinking WOW!  5 years maybe to Tour Legend -- assuming the harder conditions and greens can be grasped.

6 months to Legend, and 5 years to Tour Legend.  Seems a little disproportionate to me IMO, but it is what it is.

Was also curious if my current equipment will "allow" me to complete (at least distance wise) with higher level legends, or perhaps should I wait until I can get a 287 yd avg. driver before I really start to pay to play..?

Cheers all!

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:06 AM

Now that's some old post of mine ;)

But, don't take me as an ideal, not even as an example.

I've been playing much less since then, and my game is stagnating. The "good" scores lately are from red tee tourneys - my mates like them too much. Otherwise, I feel like being below average, just below Par.

A player should play 5-6 days a week and more than one game each to have a sharp game. Then, a faster promotion to Tour Legend is guaranteed.

Concerning your equipment:

Dunno about your L80ish Nikes, but your wedges may need an overhaul to the top ATV or Cleves. Putter is good, ball is good to keep going but not for prize ranks.

Have a searching look around in the forum - plenty of tips there!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 3:17 PM

Thx again.

Was holding out on the wedges until I hit the ATV's level -- after reading much about the difference between them and he cleve's I think they'll suit my game better. -- higher forgiveness.   

RSS