Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Method Lvl77 vs Lvl94

Wed, Oct 28 2015 2:38 PM (33 replies)
  • JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 12:37 PM

I have the Nike Method  level 77 putter. Is it worthwhile upgrading to the level 94 putter?

Some people have said there is no difference. My putting is so bad at the moment I need any slight improvement I can get.

Please help.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 12:54 PM

Distance t pin is the problem.  That putter will make zero discernible difference to your game.  Are your clubs properly mapped with your one choice of ball? Do you understand every shot from 5 through 107 yards to be almost tap in close with those wedges?  Lots of stuff in the forums, and pretty sure many in your fine CC with all you need on that aspect.  Once that / whatever you are doing wrong on shorter putts (if latter the case) is under control look at some very fine "hardware" putter tuning.

• Mannyac
    11 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 1:30 PM

Check the reviews on the club. I carry the lvl 77 because that's where I am. I have heard it still makes a difference. Also-go see sgtbilko in community. 

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 6:46 PM

Mannyac:

Check the reviews on the club. I carry the lvl 77 because that's where I am. I have heard it still makes a difference. Also-go see sgtbilko in community. 

If you check the clubs of the reviewers you will notice that most of them do not use the putter that they raved about.

I have the Level 77 and took the Level 94 for a spin on the free weekend and saw no difference between what the level 77 does vrs the 94. Saved me 3000 credits :)

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 10:56 PM

JasonNumber100:

I have the Nike Method  level 77 putter. Is it worthwhile upgrading to the level 94 putter?

Some people have said there is no difference. My putting is so bad at the moment I need any slight improvement I can get.

Please help.

it might not be a good tool if your putting needs work,
    mainly because it's more strict than the 77 one.

I went ahead and upgraded to the 94 after trying it on
    at a free rent weekend and noticed it keeps the line much better.
    with the 77 one the ball would sometimes wiggle slightly during longer rolls.
    so it's better in that sense but it will punish you for missing the ding
    for the same reason it will reward a ding with a much more accurate roll.

if you struggle with putting you might want to opt for
    more forgiveness rather than precision .

gl :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 11:15 PM

I use the level 77 Method and overall it does what I expect. I tried the upper level putter on the free rental weekend and saw only a marginal benefit - on longer putts.

Where the Nike is an odd putter is under 10 feet - it is essential to give it a couple more feet power as it is "soft" under this distance.

The key is why you are not sinking more putts. If it is lack of mapping, changing balls  constantly etc, the fix is easy, well hard work in mapping lol.

If it is due to mis-reads or not hitting the ding then perhaps you need to do further research or the latter, a rethink.

We all go through troughs but changing a putter is not  necessarily  the correct fix as it is probably not the putter, but the way you are reading it or executing the putt or leaving it too far away or on the wrong spot on the green.

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 2:22 AM

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Jeepie, it was you who told me before about the level 94 putter. I had asked my country club members, but I just wanted to put it out there to a wider audience. The consensus seems to be similar to what you are saying.

I think I'll stick with the level 77 for now.

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 9:55 AM

It is always good to look at multiple avenues for club reviews. Using the CC forum, the main forum and the Pro Shop reviews can give valuable advice but one thing to look at are the stats of the people giving their opinions. I have seen many cases where people make claims about how great a certain club is but when you look at their stats you quickly see that the numbers do not  reflect their statements. If someone for example says a putter is the greatest thing since sliced bread but they have a one putt average of 30% I would hesitate to take any of what they say with a grain of salt.  It is worth the time to investigate rather than just  take a leap of faith only to find you wasted your credits.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, May 5 2014 11:24 AM

I used the Lvl 77 Nike method and got the Lvl 94.

I had both in my bag for several weeks but sold the Lvl 77 back to the pro shop and kept the Lvl 94.

For me where the Lvl 94 outperformed the Lvl 77 is for putts more than 10 feet from the hole.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 9:08 AM

If you are extremely good at dinging, then no difference.  you will see a difference if you are just off a tad on the ding.  On short puts, being just off doesnt hurt.  as the length of the putt increases, you will see a difference.  I started hitting more 10, 15, 20+ foot putts as i upgraded my putter.

RSS