Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Method Lvl77 vs Lvl94

Wed, Oct 28 2015 2:38 PM (33 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 10:08 AM

Russdawg1:

I am thinking about getting the Nike 94 putter. I currently use the rosa. Going from a 15 ft charting to a 10 ft charting is stopping me. Are there charts for different increments for different putters out there. I will continue to research as I am sure there are but if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate.

thanks,

russdawg1

Russ, I just went from the Rossa to the Level 94 Nike as they allowed it to be purchased 5 levels earlier.  I was worried about the different putter distances too.  Guess what?  The 10-20-50 is easy to adapt to and the meter speed of the putter, being a 5, is all that.  I loved my Rossa.  I'm getting to love the Nike 94+ too.  Was it worth 1450 additional credits vs. the Level 77 Nike Method?  That I'm not sure about...BUT...you'll love the stroke and feel moving up from the Rossa.  Paul

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 12:46 PM

"Putter's mean almost nothing in this game, it really just comes down to what you're comfortable using and are consistent with. Getting a top-line putter won't make you a better player. "

DedBunny is absolutely correct. I learned ^^^^^^^  the hard way (read expensive), by trying almost every putter in the pro shop. I have played Borigard many times, and she uses a $4 spider putter (or she did) and bombed everything in. The key to putting is being able to read the break and the speed of the greens ...the actual putter you use is secondary, as long as you are comfortable with it and know its quirks from using it for awhile.

I finally settled on the mid level Versa...I don't putt any better or worse with it than any other putter I've tried, but I'm tired of wasting money looking for a magic putter......lol

ct

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:04 PM

ct690911:

"Putter's mean almost nothing in this game, it really just comes down to what you're comfortable using and are consistent with. Getting a top-line putter won't make you a better player. "

DedBunny is absolutely correct. I learned ^^^^^^^  the hard way (read expensive), by trying almost every putter in the pro shop. I have played Borigard many times, and she uses a $4 spider putter (or she did) and bombed everything in. The key to putting is being able to read the break and the speed of the greens ...the actual putter you use is secondary, as long as you are comfortable with it and know its quirks from using it for awhile.

I finally settled on the mid level Versa...I don't putt any better or worse with it than any other putter I've tried, but I'm tired of wasting money looking for a magic putter......lol

ct

Not even close to accurate. There have been plenty of documented tests here that show the high level putters make a MAJOR difference in one's game. The spider simply has far too much deviation to allow one to consistently make putts

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:46 PM

Fair enough....you're a Champion tier and I'm a hack legend....perhaps take DBs suggestion and play Bori...(she uses the cheapest spider)...she's a damn fine putter.

ps...I've seen top level players (and so have you, I'm sure), deadly with the flat-stick, and they're still using the starter putter...(deviations notwithstanding.).

Regardless, you're position on this is making the WGT pro shop's day...lol

ct

ps...I never stated that a better putter absolutely doesn't help...I said it was "secondary" to being able to effectively read the greens.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:52 PM

Yes ct, she is a fine player. She has a46 percent one putt. If she had switched to the better putters alone the way she would be a 56 percent or better. The better putters are better.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:27 PM

lonnieskinner:

Yes ct, she is a fine player. She has a 46 percent one putt. If she had switched to the better putters alone the way she would be a 56 percent or better. The better putters are better.

Lonnie...you make a straightforward, logical argument that I simply can't counter, because we are speaking in the hypothetical....I suppose that Bori has at least tried different (better) putters, perhaps during free rental week, and settled on the one she currently uses...but that is strictly my assumption....A better example is that I gifted a putter to a friend and told them to use it for a while and, once use to it, it would help them....I had tried many putters and found this one to be good and it had solid specs. The person gave it a couple of weeks and simply couldn't get used to the "much better" putter I gifted ...ended up selling it to buy balls. 

I am not a good putter no matter what putter I use; my stats bear this out...but I still believe that the ability to read greens trumps the actual club....and the key to any club is a person's comfort level with it, regardless of price or specs.

cheers.

ct

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:38 PM

Yes, you must be able to read the greens and get the distance and speed right to make putts consistently. I believe a person should decide what scale of putter is easier for them to use and stick with that type putter. I got the nike at lvl 51 and have purchased every one of them as they have came out. Each one of the nike putters are better to some extent. The lvl 94 will help u make more long putts because of its percision. I believe a person should get a type of putter and stick with it. Happy Hitting.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 8:57 PM

Everyone has different ideas about what's best.  I for one would advocate buying a putter within your price range that has the best putting stats (precision, balance, forgiveness, etc).   If you don't learn how to read the greens properly no putter is going to work for you ^^.

Once you learn this skill then better stats (on the putter) translates to balls hit on true lines which will result in more putts dropping.  So learn how to read the breaks and then buy the best putter you can afford.

I could care less about putter scale.  Imo this has absoultely no relevance.   You adapt quick enough and once again, the more precision, balance, and forgiveness a putter has the more putts you'll sink.  I've gone through 3 different putting scales with my putting improving with every change (after slight growing pain).

Anyways, don't let your "comfort" zone with a putter scale hold you back from improving.

Cheers.  Sean.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 9:24 AM

I actually played a guy who used his wedge extensively on the green, no matter how far the hole was away....he was more successful with it than I was using a putter...jeez, I was depressed after that game...lol

...I even seen guys use their driver (closer range to the hole, mind you)

oh well, back to Tuba practice.....:)

ct

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 10:56 AM

I would say this is exactly right, and why I moved up to the Nike 101. The stats made me do it and I have no regrets. Not everyone is at this level or even level 96 when it went on sale, but the stats are written into the software and factored into the price (lol). They are not throwing darts at a board in a pub somewhere. The stats are "software" engineered into the club, or ball.

No regrets with the highest end Nike putter, except to say that If I miss it's because I mishit or miscalculated. Now the problem is always mine, not the club.

Snoops34

RSS