Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Method Lvl77 vs Lvl94

Wed, Oct 28 2015 2:38 PM (33 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:26 PM

ApexPC:

I used the Lvl 77 Nike method and got the Lvl 94.

I had both in my bag for several weeks but sold the Lvl 77 back to the pro shop and kept the Lvl 94.

For me where the Lvl 94 outperformed the Lvl 77 is for putts more than 10 feet from the hole.

FWIW - 10 feet or over I am usually trying to Ding! (Excellent) the stroke.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 2:47 PM

Talking of the ding (a long forgotten sound lol) what may help the OP is to move to the next scale up. so a 7 foot putt on Tournament Greens, ensure you have the 20 foot setting not the default 10 foot scale.

For me this seems to give you more time to hit the ding.

A good point re the 10 foot and over and increased precision but I do find the 77 pretty good 10-20 feet, over that I can certainly see an advantage. Most of my missed putts in this range are my fault - either read, speed or missed ding (or a mixture).

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:44 AM

After further review, I found the 94 smoother rolling and holding the line longer on anything past 10 feet. Thus more sunk putts. I upgraded to the Level 94 and don't regret shaving a few shots off my game per round.

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 1:37 PM

I would say from trying many different putters along the way,if the lvl. 94 nike is any better than the lvl. 77 its VERY slight,where as the difference between the very low lvl. putters and the nike  lvl. 77 is noticeable. Also fwiw  I see many TL's still useing the nike lvl. 77,including those with lotsa  credits won in RG's.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:08 AM

try the L86 Oddessy. Very precise and decently forgiving

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:36 AM

Well.... After playing with Bori from the Sharks CC, have a look at what she uses... Invite her to play... gl hf.... ;-)

The Rossa is great putter for miss-ding putting, which I do most of the time, I grabbed the Odyssey because I'm starting to move the arrow a bit more so wanted the forgiveness, which helps a bit I guess. I also like the way it kind of leads the ball off the face a bit more, plus it's the putter I use irl. 

Putter's mean almost nothing in this game, it really just comes down to what you're comfortable using and are consistent with. Getting a top-line putter won't make you a better player. Really, learn to use your irons n wedges properly then putting isn't such a huge deal.
    If you're 1yd to pin, putting is moot at that point. That of course is much easier said than done.. LoL

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:40 AM

L70 Odyssey is better than L86 IMO. I tried both and I almost changed my Max for the L70 but definitely not for the L86.

So wait some months for test L96 Odyssey ....

About Nike putter it's not my cup of tea, i bought the L94 et resell it quickly.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 9:13 AM

alberich35:

L70 Odyssey is better than L86 IMO. I tried both and I almost changed my Max for the L70 but definitely not for the L86.

About Nike putter it's not my cup of tea, i bought the L94 et resell it quickly.

Both the level70+ or the 96+ Versa putters are great putters .I have the 70+ Versa and I`m waiting for the holidays to get the 96+ putter as an upgrade . But thats me . For the o/p I would suggest that before you do an upgrade , look at the rest of your game .

Looking at your stats it seems you need to work more on your short game than getting a new putter . Work on hitting your approach shots flop , pitch, and punch shots are a must for getting closer to the pin. Turn those into strengths and you may find that you really dont need another putter at all . So try the cheapest way first, which would be practicing more and working on your short game . Getting closer to the pin means shorter putts , and shorter putts make for easier putts . Good luck with your game and hope this helps . :-)

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 9:27 AM

alberich35:

Have to disagree with you there. I upgraded from the max to the L86 Versa. Putting really improved as a result. Too much deviation with the Max. The L86 eliminates most deviation from inside of 10 feet. 

Do want the L96 oddessy, though. That extra .5 in precision may be the difference between a T2 and winning a RG. At L95 right now

• Russdawg1
    16 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2015 9:36 AM

I am thinking about getting the Nike 94 putter. I currently use the rosa. Going from a 15 ft charting to a 10 ft charting is stopping me. Are there charts for different increments for different putters out there. I will continue to research as I am sure there are but if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate.

thanks,

russdawg1

RSS