Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Method Lvl77 vs Lvl94

Wed, Oct 28 2015 2:38 PM (33 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 5:02 PM

"The stats are "software" engineered into the club, or ball."

Is this "engineering" done by the same IT guys that can't seem to fix any of the multitude of glitches we are experiencing?...if so, well...oh, never mind...I guess hope springs eternal....:)

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 7:57 PM

It's a fair question, but I can assure you of one thing. I speak only from experience with the Nike 101 putter. I am sure they have a lot of IT guys and gals, my wife is one and so is my daughter but certainly not for WGT. The fact that they got this putter right for my game does not in any way suggest that they got everything right.

My company put a hundred satellites in orbit, some so that people can use their cell phones and other wireless devices. None of the satellites were off target, but certainly some of the shots on WGT are off target even when hit perfectly. You never know what your going to get until you test it yourself. This putter just happens to be one they got right. Or at least works with my computer setup.

There are a bunch of holes for instance, where the yardage to the pin is just plain off by a 1/2 to a full club. And many more for sure. I still get angry at those.

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:23 AM

snoops34:

I would say this is exactly right, and why I moved up to the Nike 101. The stats made me do it and I have no regrets. Not everyone is at this level or even level 96 when it went on sale, but the stats are written into the software and factored into the price (lol). They are not throwing darts at a board in a pub somewhere. The stats are "software" engineered into the club, or ball.

No regrets with the highest end Nike putter, except to say that If I miss it's because I mishit or miscalculated. Now the problem is always mine, not the club.

Snoops34

Look at "ROGERTV" in my CC.  He uses a Level 19 putter and the dude is all that when it comes to sinking putts.  

I agree with CT in the posts above...it all depends on what you get comfortable using.  Roger can putt with a putter that has a shortest distance increment of 25 feet.  I can't use a putter like that.  I need shorter increments to allow me to calculate quicker.  Roger simply taped an increment gauge to his computer...it definitely works for him.

• DynastyGolf0
    44 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 2:38 PM

pmm711, I find that the increments don't matter too much anymore when your CC has free putter pal and shot pal. Automatic increments of 10% makes up for the increments.

For the original poster, when looking at the stats, is it worth 3500 credits to upgrade 0.5 precision?

I have grown to enjoy the 94+ in the past few days due to its very nice meter speed. I upgraded from a Max Control (Master+). The Nike downgraded the balance but upgraded the precision and meter speed by 0.5 each. So all-in-all, the upgrade was a net gain of 0.5.

So I guess my answer is that if you have the credits and aren't planning to purchase anything else, it's not a bad decision to upgrade for a net gain of 0.5 (I did).

But it's not a bad decision to not do it either. I find that the major help in my upgrade is the meter speed, which is exactly the same for your 77+ and the 94+. So it might not help you as much as it did my upgrade from the Max Control.

RSS