Forums

Help › Forums

LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:47 PM

SteveOx:

You know, after Chris died last year,   I suggested that WGT make a Wall of remembrance for our fallen members. 

These guys and gals deserve some sort of page or something.

I think SteveOx's idea above is something that a must-do.
    I would be honored to start a website - and keep it updated as needed.

Not a happy job, but the community of fine folk on WGT that play frequently and post in the forums (must be many many more other great WGT people here, but they don't visit the forums as its just "not their thing - and I get that) is the BEST group of people I have interacted and actually made and met great people in my own area and had fun outside of the WGT games.

The cost would not be an issue - keeping a WGT Memorial Wall website would run in the 50.00 range annually. Also - the memorial fund to continue his or others names memory could be run off this as well.

If anyone wants to talk about doing this - please message me.

RIP - LegendCrusher - "We Will Not Forget"

Sadly (I just found last night as I have been away) - Yancy

ADDENDUM:
    Now I hear from good people here that its all a mystery about LegendCrusher?
    Regardless of that issue --- I still love this idea and want to be involved if it happens

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:48 AM

YancyCan:
    The cost would not be an issue - keeping a WGT Memorial Wall website would run in the 50.00 range annually. Also - the memorial fund to continue his or others names memory could be run off this as well.

Hi Yanc.

Yes, this is a very considerate and thoughtful thing to do BUT implementing this type of a project into the "virtual world" chances are you will run into issues as we have had here, in THIS thread and may I add that the chances would be more likely than not.

YancyCan:
    ADDENDUM:

Now I hear from good people here that its all a mystery about LegendCrusher?
    Regardless of that issue --- I still love this idea and want to be involved if it happens

The death of ANY individual is nothing to scoff at but as sad as it is this thread has proven otherwise.

Another fact sad but true is this; if you do not "personally" know a person and your only connection you have with them is the "internet" and you believe whatever they say to be true because you seem to THINK they're a nice person, or you've been "internet friends" for a long time, or you have been cc mates since the beginning of time or etc,,etc,,,etc,  then you are setting yourself up to be hurt, scammed, deceived or all of the above,,,,FACT

YancyCan:
    If anyone wants to talk about doing this - please message me.

If we want to create a Memorial Wall for "duel accounts" and there avatars then I say YES, lets go for it.

• PGATourReject
    20 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 10:28 AM

I've read this thread from the start, and two points have stuck out, one "friend" of LC says he was a Police officer, another said he was an army veteran??  Several have put points across saying this could be a hoax and these dual facts can lead people to believe that yes, you can say and be anything on the internet, but Its a fine balance of being dignified whilst also wanting to find out the truth

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 10:40 AM

PGATourReject:

I've read this thread from the start, and two points have stuck out, one "friend" of LC says he was a Police officer, another said he was an army veteran??  Several have put points across saying this could be a hoax and these dual facts can lead people to believe that yes, you can say and be anything on the internet, but Its a fine balance of being dignified whilst also wanting to find out the truth

You can't be a veteran and a police officer? News to me

This is one sad sad thread. Probably a good idea to just let this one go imo. What an embarrassment. Maybe he's dead, maybe he isn't. You hope he isn't obviously. That's all you can do. Some people have too much time on their hands.

Moving on

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:46 PM

Back to the subject, What Steve has suggested is a Great Idea. You should send in a Obituary to WGT  and there staff could add the Name to a Wall some where on the Community Forum....Greg

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 7:23 PM

I really can't believe what has happened here.

You don't have to have an account to read the Forums. 

Lets hope Rich is reading all of this and having a good laugh. If so, it's great and it's not good to play around with other peoples feelings.

-Roger

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 5:44 AM

rmchangin:

Back to the subject, What Steve has suggested is a Great Idea. You should send in a Obituary to WGT  and there staff could add the Name to a Wall some where on the Community Forum....Greg

Based on how this thread has transpired I can see what a mess that would create, you'd have to provide a death certificate  first for this community to accept it. Sure would hate having to ask a grieving family member for a copy of that just to have their loved one's acceptance for being honored on this site..

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:24 PM

Oldbayrunner:

rmchangin:

Based on how this thread has transpired I can see what a mess that would create, you'd have to provide a death certificate  first for this community to accept it. Sure would hate having to ask a grieving family member for a copy of that just to have their loved one's acceptance for being honored on this site..

OB  it wouldn't be that Hard Just send in a Obit from a Newspaper.....the staff could verify it....I knew L C Very well at One time sykped, Ventrilo , with him......but i watched him go through a few Melt downs....so I have a Few questions....I looked at every county in Florida and found no Death Notice for a current Officer or Retried Officer that were close.....Greg

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 8:28 PM

PRStevenson:

I didn't know Rich but it's nice to see many players caring enough to pay tribute to the man. It shows that kind, friendly and decent people in the game can have a profound influence on those around them even through a virtual community.

It motivated me to write this thread. I've been messaged by a WGT mod who thinks it is a good idea, so I've asked them to pass it up to see if they can put in in the pipeline for development.

WGT won't start doing memorial tournies for players who have passed away. 

How about making positive changes to the game that would allow for players to respect the players they knew? - I posted the quote above on page 13.

Perhaps, like LegendCrusher this thread should also be 'laid to rest'. There's been enough kind sentiment from those who knew him and enough vitriol from the usual trolls to call it a day.   

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:29 AM

rmchangin:

Oldbayrunner:

rmchangin:

OB  it wouldn't be that Hard Just send in a Obit from a Newspaper.....the staff could verify it....I knew L C Very well at One time sykped, Ventrilo , with him......but i watched him go through a few Melt downs....so I have a Few questions....I looked at every county in Florida and found no Death Notice for a current Officer or Retried Officer that were close.....Greg

The fact IS why the F should anyone have to prove anyones death to ANYONE on this site. Hell very few know my first Name and absolutely no one knows my last name, where I live for real, worked or anything else for sure except what I choose to let anyone know. Sure I searched obits for a Richard in Central Florida found one that was a NY cop and a couple others not on the date mentioned but the way I look at it what he mentioned to a friend of a friend could mean Jack. Hell A friend of mine got the same Skype message as mentioned also. 

The part that bothers me is how this community can turn on a dime from charitable into a mob feeding frenzy. OH well another day on WGT. If it is a hoax right now the one laughing the hardest is Rich for getting a such a rise or if it isn't than his loved ones are more than likely shaking their heads at the travesty. Regardless I think this thread has caused enough damage.

RSS