Help › Forums

LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:00 AM

overtheedge:

mantis0014:

To be fair to Wgt.... There has been quite a few Wgt Players who have sadly passed away in the past and Wgt has not had any Memorial Comps for them (as far as I remember)

If they do have a memorial comp for Rich,  then others might think, what about the others.... that type of thing.

Dont get me wrong. LG was a very nice guy. I had the pleasure of playing with him sometime back. I think it is a very cool, and caring idea for the "WGT community" to host a Memorial tournament but I think to expect  "WGT"  to host a tournament for one of our lost community members is putting WGT in a very  awkward position.

That's exactly what I was trying to say ... Thanks Mantis and OTE.

• ujjbnjk
    2,127 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:20 AM

LC was great guy always had a blast playing with him.. to many lifes end to soon life is not fair.

R.I.P.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:53 AM

Edit;

THIS TOPIC IS INACCURATE AND IS BASED ON MISINFORMATION OF A COMM. MEMBERS DEATH. YOU MAY WANT TO RECANT ANY and ALL STATEMENTS RELATED TOO THIS ILL ADVISED TOPIC. 

• dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 6:15 AM

If or when Courtney (Legendcrushers' daughter) returns to WGT I think we all see to it that she gets all the equipment (including good balls) that she needs.   IMO she has a free ride.  --  just dandy

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:46 AM

Edit;

THIS TOPIC IS INACCURATE AND IS BASED ON MISINFORMATION OF A COMM. MEMBERS DEATH. YOU MAY WANT TO RECANT ANY and ALL STATEMENTS RELATED TOO THIS ILL ADVISED TOPIC. 

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:27 AM

Come on now OTE ... you and I both know asking WGT to do anything is like suggesting to my wife it's her turn to change the oil in the car .... will never happen. :)

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:33 AM

I did a search through online obituaries in Florida and didnt come back with anyone under 70 years old with the name Rich or Richard. So cant help ya Lou. 

As for the thread. I agree you will have to use an Already setup Tournament by WGT. To ask them to make a Tournament for individual players as the sadly pass is asking way way too much from them. It will never happen. 

Kudos for the work so far though. Something should be done soon or this will just fade away. Hopefully TBE comes back after his wee meltdown and finishes this up for everyone. 

Cheers, BM

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 9:58 AM

overtheedge:
    Lets  ask WGTHow feasible would it be to create a  WGT  Weekly 18 Hole SP Stroke Play to open the Monday following the Masters. It would run the same as any other WGT weekly Single Play. Name for example - WGT Community Memorial 

You were reading my mind.

I was just thinking that the Oscars honors all the actors/actresses that passed away in the last year. Why doesn't WGT do the same thing. I was even thinking that the weekend of the Masters would be great since WGT will probably never get Augusta. Why not dedicate that weekend to the WGT members who have passed on.

R.I.P. LC

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 5:13 AM

thebigeasy707:
    one of WGT's finest guys....LegendCrusher...Rich to his friends....and he had made many on here.

WOW.  i just heard the .. news.  so SAD, so sorry

Rich was such a friendly guy, i learnt so much from him. he was a part of my initial influences in my early WGT days.

A true gentleman and a champion. He will be missed.

So sorry for his family and close friends.

Happy Days Rich, Happy Days.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 12:11 PM

I need to ask one more time ... If any or Rich's close friends are out there .. might anyone have a link to the obituary ?   

Not only might some folks want to send a sympathy card to the family ... but it also may be the reason the WGT team hasn't commented.   There are so many cruel hoaxes out there they might want to be sure everything is on the up and up .... at least I hope that's the reason.

RSS