Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats: It's Long Past Time That WGT Took This and the Members Seriously

Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:46 AM (99 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:39 PM

alanti:
    Remember the R11 vs R1 - I can now miss the ding by a good amount and still be on the short stuff. OK maybe not as far and could be the  difference in a RG 

The R1 is a great club, but iron play really counts to take the pressure of your putting we would all agree.  In comps where 1 shot is huge the guaranteed dinger has an advantage if they know the game all else equal.  Even putting that long 15 foot straight putt one knowing you can't fail to miss the ding...........It would at the very least be a nice thing to be able to delete from the cheat's arsenal.  I would welcome DedBunnys further thought's if it's something that WGT are missing as would they I am sure....

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:50 PM

dedBuNNy:

I did, say that I've never played with or against anyone whom I have suspected of using CE. 

Is CE real and does what is was made for? Yep. Are Flash based games hackable? Absolutely without any question. Is this game being hacked? I don't know for sure, unless someone posts a video of themselves actually using CE to alter addresses/game assets we'll never know. Do I personally think the game is being hacked? Yes I do.

dedBuNNy:
    I don't know what the rationale is for using this type of swing meter, as I said it's the weakest part of the game by far and if they didn't have deviation and VEM running then Perfect Meter would have killed the game a long time ago because it did what it was designed to do as well, manipulate a game asset.

dedBuNNy:

Why not make the game really great? Pay to have a proper meter design/coded, pay the money to have it secured properly. That meter alone would be a reason to buy top gear, or use gear which suited your 'swing' style. 

Of course with Unity 5 looking pretty damn incredible, who knows...  ;)

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:36 AM

I doubt that WGT will do anything to seriously stop the slow the meter cheat while they are selling legal ones that do exactly the same thing.

Surely they would not be so hypocritical? [/sarcasm]

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:47 AM

Chinajohn:

I doubt that WGT will do anything to seriously stop the slow the meter cheat while they are selling legal ones that do exactly the same thing.

Surely they would not be so hypocritical? [/sarcasm]

Yeah I made that point myself a few days back, but we'll wait and see.  If nothing, then it's plan B. 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:51 AM

@ Dubfore - 

After 2 days of this thread, I can no longer control myself.

What exactly is your fascination with CE, Perfect Meter and editors? Your obsession seems to me to be suspicious.

The virtual equipment model and deviations have been a part of this game since it's inception and is something every player needs to deal with. It was not implemented after the revelation of the "slow meter" cheat.

Your statement as told to you by whomever is:

"This is not noticeable with putting, but when the player starts their shots, usually it takes no more than 5 or 6 seconds for the shot from when the swing starts.  With a meter cheat the shot takes longer, 12+seconds With the menu box open during the shot, from when the swing starts, the words 'flicker'.   I tried it and it happened against three players, but I didnt accuse them of being cheats."

Please explain to me and others why your menu box text would "flicker" if another player was manipulating the game from their end. I must admit, I am doing everything I can to refrain from laughing here.

Anxiously awaiting a response from you.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:36 AM
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:54 AM

CanineSupervisor:
    Your obsession seems to me to be suspicious.

CanineSupervisor:

Please explain to me and others why your menu box text would "flicker" if another player was manipulating the game from their end. I must admit, I am doing everything I can to refrain from laughing here.

I hate cheating and cheaters in sport

You're not watching enough Hitchcock films Canine.   Suspicion and Obsession would be a good start.

Explain? I can't,  I'm just posting what I experienced.

Laughter is good for you, have a bellyache or two on me.

Still anxious?   Try a pill or four!

Dedbunny is the man!!

Thanks for the link Zag.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:01 AM

My whooooole reason for posting in any of these threads is to simply point out that the game could be so much nicer, more fun, more difficult would WGT incorporate a 'swipe/release' type of swing meter I think.

You really couldn't do velocity, I think that given the scope of the game itself that would be asking a lot of the game engine etc. But certainly having a meter where you click - drag/swipe - release to complete your swing within a target activated area is well within the capabilities of Flash. 

The cheating aspect would simply be for the most part, in my mind, moot. 

Virtually impossible to auto-ding that type of meter, if that's what you think helps. 

If there was no VEM or deviation in the game you'd still see scoring go up by a pretty heft margin. Wind would still be a needed element for sure, which makes this type of meter all the more interesting. Point and shoot wind adjustment? Um... no.

I would just like to reiterate again that I'm not out to catch cheaters or even deal with that element of the game. It simply doesn't affect me, I don't play at that level. I think it's pretty sad that players do, but hey that's the nature of video games on any level, someone always wants the make up for their lack of skillz. 

I will say this though, again I've never seen anyone using CE to manipulate the game personally - I do find it interesting that for all the talk about it, people using it. How come no one has hacked the credit element? My guess is that this is one aspect that was tested very very thoroughly I mean you'd think right? 

I'm also not a programmer - I do have a pretty decent background in working with Flash though, I know what it is capable of, limitations within a given scope and know how powerful AS can be in the right hands of skilled coders.

I just think that rather than just putting in new clubs, clapping(wtf), really bad looking smurf avatars and some type of bizarre putting update, the game could be so much better if they'd pay to have a better swing meter made. Just my opinion though... 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:11 AM

Thanks again Dedbunny....clapping here.  :-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:49 AM

RSS