Help › Forums

Cheats: It's Long Past Time That WGT Took This and the Members Seriously

Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:46 AM (99 replies)
  • Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:18 AM

Dubfore:

MP? Multi play?

Are you trying to be or just follow the teachings of Pope Gregory XI?

I'm still interested in knowing what your method is, and find it surprising at your lack of willingness to share the method. Likely the reason is it will not withstand the usual scrutiny and be yet again another tool used to justify yet another hunt.

Could someone who he has obviously shared the method with, just state it's legit or not without if you wish stating the method.

Sorry, but you did peak my interest, initially and i thought i would attempt to try and educate you that many methods have been discussed before and never account to anything.

I get your frustration though, I shared the same frustration for some time but needed to move on and realize there really are only 2 possible solutions to the both perceived and real problem of cheating. 1 you can control and 1 you cannot.

I addition there is the real cheat and the perceived cheat. 1 that has massive impact on each and every player here and 1 that has little to no impact on most players here, yet all the hunts that people occassionly attempt to start including this 1 and all the current hunts using traditional methds always go after the latter. I find that the most interesting.

Whatever your method, I wish you the best and good luck in your quest.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:35 AM

cool golf bags too :) - and look at all the hats on heads - 

i'm past the age of buying a gaming system - i seem to spend my money on moss kill and weed b gone instead :)

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:55 AM

Me too. The graphics look great.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:06 AM

thanks Paul, Play station 4 you say, I'm in and screw this monkey nonsence, along with all of you spelling hall monitors

I AIN'T QUITING THIS HERE GAME, HELL NO. Give up on all the whoosass opportunities this here forum gives this here southern boy to give up upon?

HELL NO! AND I SAY AGAIN, HELL NO!!!, I would not miss this for the world, although, "Who the hell is SDORR" may become an all to familiar phrase in the not so distant future.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 7:08 PM

Steve2golf:

i'm still interested in knowing what your method is, and find it surprising at your lack of willingness to share the method. Likely the reason is it will not withstand the usual scrutiny and be yet again another tool used to justify yet another hunt.

Could someone who he has obviously shared the method with, just state it's legit or not without if you wish stating the method.

A club owner confronted one of her members about cheating (based on this method) the member admitted using  a swing Cheat Meter and was banned from the club.  That's what I was told.

The 'method', if my memory serves me right.  

This is not noticeable with putting, but when the player starts their shots, usually it takes no more than 5 or 6 seconds for the shot from when the swing starts.  With a meter cheat the shot takes longer, 12+seconds With the menu box open during the shot, from when the swing starts, the words 'flicker'.   I tried it and it happened against three players, but I didnt accuse them of being cheats.   

Dedbunnys posts were spot on. (Pages 2, 3+4)   He knows the faults in the games programming and how the game can be manipulated.  Based on his professional experience, he offered the solutions.  

I passed those posts to WGT. The ball is in their court.

This is probably as far the members can go with this at the moment.   The next step is up  to WGT, to take Dedbunnys advice or not.  Unless something new pops out of the woodwork.    I didn't get any replies from WGT.

Members could write to the WGT staff here or send emails and ask them to do what the game needs, fixing!  

I don't get your comment about Pope Gregory and anyway, I'm an athiest thank God!        

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:06 PM

Dubfore:
    This is not noticeable with putting, but when the player starts their shots, usually it takes no more than 5 or 6 seconds for the shot from when the swing starts.  With a meter cheat the shot takes longer, 12+seconds With the menu box open during the shot, from when the swing starts, the words 'flicker'.   I tried it and it happened against three players, but I didnt accuse them of being cheats.   

On April 9th I said:

The menu goes blank for a longer period then normal.

Been discussed here umpteen times, and has been proven to be unreliable at best, theres a dozen reasons why someones menu would go blank for longer then normal,

You said, no that is not it, today it is it. I knew it was it, You are seriously insane and have been under a rock or something for 4 years.

You need help!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:08 PM

The problem with this game is the platform - flash games are flawed and as such liable to be manipulated.

I do not play for credits, purely for fun so I do not really give a rats ass if someone is cheating. But for the sake of equality yes it does matter.

The danger with your method outlined above is what about players who hold the meter at the top of the swing so their  CPU meter decreases enough to limit getting meter fluctuations - especially with older PC's. The danger is what happens in WGTLS that half the population get accused of cheating or manipulating the meter.

Essentially to play this game well you need to know exactly what distance your ball will go with the applied spin, hit close to the ding line and most importantly putt very well (knowing breaks etc). 

The easiest part of the above is hitting near the ding, so this is probably the least important aspect I would have thought..

I can only speak for myself, but the days I score well are the days when I putt well - not the days I get more dings.

The biggest worry for me are the packet editors, which apparently can be used in this game - again due to the platform.

I just play my game (as poorly as that is some days) and enjoy the company of others. The game is what it is.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:39 PM

alanti:
    outlined above is what about players who hold the meter at the top of the swing so their  CPU meter decreases enough to limit getting meter fluctuations - especially with older PC's. 

Using this to spot cheats is flawed at best, and that's on a good day.  

alanti:
    The biggest worry for me are the packet editors, which apparently can be used in this game - again due to the platform.

Yes.  However, what DedBunny said in the thread is interesting.  Even taking out the slow meter would be an advance.  Miss dings, even when I am playing well and that is not currently the case, are likely to cost me a shot every 15 holes easily.  In a RG that's huge.

I don't know enough about IT to comment other than on what I observe.  I do think DedBunnys comments are interesting, and I hope WGT consider them.  Whether a packet whatever would overcome it, I have no clue (not saying DedBunny suggested it would or would not).  Be interesting for DedBunny to clarify that for the IT dummies such as me.  If you could just make cheats need to ding same as the rest of us with intended speeds it would be that battle won.  OK the war would not be ended, but a nice win in that war.... 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:51 PM

What are packet editors?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:23 PM

Basically  a packet editor works by decrpyting encrpyted data and changing it to whatever you want, then you send the edited packet and the effects take place.

Now I am no programmer nor have I seen it used but  believe  that flash can easily be manipulated in this vain.

I agree Jim, that missed dings can lead to poor shots - in the case of a RG would be the difference in a good score and an also ran i suppose.

But then I  look  at all the new product releases and clubs are more forgiving (even on a missed ding) so in effect negate the meter.

Remember the R11 vs R1 - I can now miss the ding by a good amount and still be on the short stuff. OK maybe not as far and could be the  difference in a RG 

RSS