Forums

Help › Forums

Is Tiger finished?

Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:05 PM (92 replies)
  • Sikkum
    88 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 11:04 PM

fatdan:
    so we tolerated his arrogance and obvious disdain for those he deemed not to be worthy of his time....what would we expect, his Dad was an arrogant a$hole, so why wouldn't Tiger follow suit, at least he has a reason to be aloof, his Dad didn't do sh!t, he was just a pr!ck!

The very reason I have absolutely no time for Tiger.  I don't care how good you are, nobody has the right to show such arrogance.  Humility on the other hand is an admirable trait.

Nuff said!

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 6:04 AM

To be honest, I couldn't care less if Tiger started to even eat golf balls.

Change the subject.   Jason Day, now there's a story.

• BigBlockVettes
    699 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 3:34 PM

Enough Tiger , lets talk about some refreshing golfers that are good for the game. You have Jordan winning the frist two majors , A young man fighting health issues but playing it out like a true winner in Jason. Dustin blowing it on 18 for a playoff , but left holding his baby smiling & playing . Thats the good stuff in golf Tiger is old news. Honestly i think he should quit if he,s going to keep acting like a JACKASS. Its a gentlmans game at least act like you have some manners.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2015 8:11 PM

He lost his manners long before he lost his wife ... 

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2015 5:08 AM

TarheelsRule:

In terms of Woods, I believe that there are some health issues that will never allow him to come back as he was.  His play in the last 5 years has been pretty average (well below that for him but not of a great quality).

I believe he has used PED's over the years, we all know that he has used the blood therapy techniques which might be technically legal but are on the line for sure.  Whether that is true or not doesn't really matter in my opinion.  What matters is that for an athlete who is 38 today, he is much older than was Jack Nicklaus when he won the Masters at age 46 in terms of his body.  Tiger has been playing competitive golf since he was 12 (at least), he reminds me a little of Kobe Bryant, he seems young since he skipped college but the abuse of his body makes him old.

Tiger is the same as Kobe, he has played so long and so much that his body is old for his age.  His swing (prior to the injuries) played havoc on his knees.  When he was 22 I told a friend that Tiger's knees would never hold out till he was 35 if he didn't change his swing.  I think we will see Tiger around and he might compete for another title, more likely a PGA or a Masters.  I don't expect him to do well in the British or US Opens in the future.  He might have 1 or 2 more majors in him but not 5 for sure.

I totally agree. I thought the same thing about his swing years ago. I don't care who you are, no ones knees, or back, can stand up to that much torque for long. Add to that his bulking up and you have a recipe for disaster.

There's no doubt in my mind he used PED's. Coming back as quickly as he did from earlier injuries is proof of that. Now that the PGA has testing in place he will fall apart

That just might be a good thing for him. Lose some of the muscle he put on, that tore him up, and get him back to his natural build. 

I do think that one of his major problems began with his attempts at changing his swing. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But, being as so many coaches out there think they're the end all be all, none had the common sense to tell him to just tone it down some.

With todays equipment there is no need to swing as hard as you can. 

And to this day I say he should still have Fluff on his bag!

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2015 1:50 PM

Tiger is gone .He's turned into a rude knob.

Only one player in field this week played all 4 rounds at par or better. No, not Spieth. Try Cameron Smith (70-70-69-68)

that eagle on 18th was brilliant

There's a story.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2015 4:55 PM

If Tiger comes back and starts playing well again soon, I'd be shocked. He'll be 40 yrs. old in Dec.. He needs to dig a swing out of the dirt ON HIS OWN!  Why does he need another teacher to confuse him again? If he is going to straighten his game around he better start doing it pretty soon or he isn't going to have anymore years left to do it.

TO hell with talking about TIger Woods, I agree. There are more exciting players to talk about these days that can hit the cover off that ball. One of them is Rory. I thought for a second at the U.S. Open he was gonna make a move when he got to 7-(for his round) at the 14th hole. That's the kind of golf that's fun to watch.

Dustin Johnson can murder his drives at St. Andrews this year and it will be fun to watch him reach all the drive-able par 4s.

So theres way more to talk about than TIger.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2015 5:39 PM

Tiger has to stick around...I think there are still a few waitresses, Vegas show girls and Hookers that he hasn't boinked yet....maybe another type of record on the horizon?...:)

...just sayin

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 4:10 AM

And there you have it, not only is he not finshed, but he's winning and playing well again.

What's the betting he wins a major next year, the US Open at Pebble Beach?

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 2:50 PM

Dubfore:

And there you have it, not only is he not finished, but he's winning and playing well again.

What's the betting he wins a major next year, the US Open at Pebble Beach?

Maybe...but he choked quicker than a $50 hooker at the Ryder cup.

RSS