Forums

Help › Forums

Is Tiger finished?

Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:05 PM (92 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 11:59 AM

Yankee, tell us about the course, what's it like up close?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 12:17 PM

It is the strangest thing I've ever seen. So strange that no tip, no head Dr., no advice, no swing coach, no nothing, can be an aide. It is all on him. Oh, his Dad could help. Butch Harmon could help. His ex-wife could help, but Daddy is as dead as Julius Caesar, Harmon and wifey are dust for good. To see someone who won the US Open by 15 shots morph into what we see now is...strange. Nevertheless, the dude who did win by 15 shots is only 39 years old. If a close return can be pulled off by anyone, it is possible only by him, but as doubtful as anything I can think of. But even a Tiger hater must admit that they hope he does return.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 12:35 PM

Keep in mind Tiger spent his entire life under Daddys wing. it was golf golf golf...

Then he makes it, becomes one of the richest athletes in the world, suddenly daddy is gone and now he is free and filthy rich with a lot of life to catch up on....

You can talk about all the great ones of the past, but not one of them played as good as Tiger, he was funnnnn, noooo exciting to watch, so we tolerated his arrogance and obvious disdain for those he deemed not to be worthy of his time....what would we expect, his Dad was an arrogant a$$hole, so why wouldn't Tiger follow suit, at least he has a reason to be aloof, his Dad didn't do sh!t, he was just a pr!ck!

So he sets a new standard of play for pro golf, and rips everyone up while living the  lifestyle of a kid who just got his 1st apartment, only rich...now his problem is not only that he is mentally spent, burned up, done, it wouldn't matter if he did start playing like he used to because the field not only accepted his challenge, they raised him!

Now almost everyone drives at least as far as he did, and has a bag of shots the old timers wouldn't even think about trying to pull off(excluding Seve)...nobody has a few cocktails to steady the nerves, they are athletes!

He's done, I miss Tiger, he was fun to watch, he even got me to watch TV golf, but I don't miss Tiger, I'm glad he is done, his attitude outside the ropes was as sh!tty as his game was good....the great "Cablanasion" hope is a now a memory, and I personally don't think he gives a d@mn, I think he is perfectly OK with it...as am I.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 1:10 PM

I'm thinkin' maybe he outta try the "Daly Way", you know, play drunk. Wiggle his bean with a couple of hookers of the finer cuts to warm up the short game (thanks to Kultilda and her heritage), and then sneak puffs from a doobie before a tricky drive....at this point what can it harm ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 1:12 PM

Dubfore:

LOL. I'm 3000 miles away on the other coast. I followed them as the featured group at usga.com.   :-)

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 2:05 PM

SweetiePie:
    sneak puffs from a doobie before a tricky drive....at this point what can it harm ?

What can it harm? NOTHING! :< )

Montego Bay,,,,yay mon. I heard a very cool saying from our "bar boy / BUD boy" whichever fits your fancy.There is a saying in Jamaica that I LOVE and that saying is - "we don't have problems in Jamaica, just situations". I LOVE IT! Tiger needs to heed these words right now and while he's at it, go hang in Jamaica for a week or 2 and that 80 he shot will slowly go away and not mean a gosh darn thing anymore,,,lol.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 2:11 PM

lol   @ 

YankeeJim:

Dubfore:

LOL. I'm 3000 miles away on the other coast. I followed them as the featured group at usga.com.   :-)

YankeeJim:

Dubfore:

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2015 5:14 PM

Yeah Tiger, pack a few splifs in your bag, and when you feel a tantrum coming on, hit your next shot into the bunker, lie in the sunny sand and smoke your worries away, then when the referee shows up, offer him a spliff too, get him off your back.

There's nothing in the rule book says a can't have a smoke on your way around, Darren Clarke used to eat the cigars.

• dewayne50
    28 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 2:01 AM

I started golf when tiger was paving the way showed golf was fun1

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 3:56 AM

Yup.....Dan got this right.

His Father......ironically on this Father's Day....Woulda kicked his ass for what he slipped down to. He seems to be fighting everything and anything. He's looking at magazines and tele shows that feed on his every move and he ain't  got anything good as of late.

Good Women leave him and friends distance themselves from him.

I fear a ridiculous press conference imminent.

Don't get me wrong......I could never imagine the pressure of the spotlight that the kid has on him. I think he will be better off when we all leave him alone.

Maybe Mr. Jones had it right to walk away.

Maybe He knew technology would catch up too quick.

Maybe is a F'in venomous word.

Eldrick is in the books.

Tiger is aimless....I think it's gotta go away for him to come back.

~txz~

RSS