Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Qualification Thread

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:59 PM (55 replies)
  • mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:56 PM

Corwyn:

I've also been considering whether it could work to expand the format and allow for 18-hole matches across the board this time (i.e. in the alt shot [foursomes], and best-ball [fourball] formats, as well as singles)... and, upon advice, have reluctantly decided it's not really feasible. The time commitment, and increased risk of disconnects, make it unwise.

I definitely agree. It's already hard enough to block off an hour for a 9-hole alt-shot, and I can't imagine scheduling for 18 holes of fourball.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:31 AM

Suggestion:

Corwyn,

On UEL match format being consistent along the course is crucial, more than being the best player. On top of this, we're talking about a great event that deserves the time we spent to qualify and the time we'll spend to play it.

So maybe (and it's just a suggestion!) you could let the decision to play 9 or 18 holes to the players on each meeting, giving priority to the 9 holes if just 1 player out of 4 (or 2 in the match play) doesn't have time to play 18 holes.

Points given to teams on 9 holes game would remain the same 1 for a win, 0.5 for a tie, 0 for a loss. And could be 1.5 for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss in a 18 holes game.

I know time difference will make tough to set up games but I'm sure lot of players are ready to give time to the event. Again, playing 18 holes would be optional with priority to the 9 holes if only 1 player is opposed to play 18 holes.

This could also give a strategy for each team to reach the beacon ;)

Cheers.

Fred

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 9:14 AM

Russ, Fred and I are playing an exhibition match tonight @ 10:30 est we could use 1 more if anyone is interested.

Wes

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 12:15 PM

Should be around @ that time (might be lil deep in the bottle LOL) but would love to play if available.

Rock

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 6:56 PM

I am around  just took a well deserved nap after doing nothing all day lol!   Will go green around 10:30

Rock

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:59 PM

Well played pards   we got a helluva team brewing up i'd say!!

RSS