Forums

Help › Forums

BLAH, Another CTTH Course?????????????????

Sun, Mar 9 2014 12:40 AM (44 replies)
  • crazycorey44
    161 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:41 AM

I woke up this morning to find we had another new course. I went straight to my favorite, and 99% of all WGT player's favorite, alternate shot,  to set up a game on the new Pinehurst #2 course to have a ball playing. To my surprise, I see they have added it as another CTTH/closest to the hole course again!!!!! What is up WGT? Add more stroke/alternate shot courses, not CTTH. 99.9% of my friends don't even like CTTH or Blitz games. What a waste of time, money, and energy making it a CTTH course. Oh yeah and by the way, remember last year, in the WGT News letter, mentioning something about adding Bandon Dunes? When will that be coming out, and is it going to be another BORING blitz course? PLZ turn all the blitz courses we have NOW into stroke/alternate shot courses and do away with all the CTTH games all together. I bet you will see a lot more players playing on WGT, if you had more alternate shot, stroke, and match play courses, instead of mostly having CTTH courses. Players are bored of the choices you have for courses on alt shot games. I try to play a different alt shot course after every round, but after 3 months, they all seem to get old. I applaud you adding Merion as a stroke course, and I BOO that you added Pinehurst #2, Koele, Manele, Pebble Beach, Wolf Creek, and Edgewwod Tahoe as Blitz or CTTH only!!!!!!

• borntobesting
    9,634 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:56 AM

They always release the U.S. Open courses as front 9 CTTH then back 9 CTTH a month later then in May release the full 18 for U.S. Open qualifying. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 5:49 AM

May for Pinehurst 2, full course. As mentioned many times. Bandon Dunes par 3 and full Pebble Beach to follow. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 6:09 AM

Obviously here long enough to remember that last year they did the same with Merion, released it as a CTTH prior to release in full stroke play in conjunction with the US Open. 

Thought you would have known this?

Your not alone in wanting more strokeplay courses, i too think CTTH hole are IMO pretty pointless, and a waste of resources, but if WGT aren't granted permission to photograph and map full 18, nothing can be done. 

Oh and if l'm correct i think Bandon Dunes isn't 18 or 9 holes, its 12 or 13 mix and match holes from the resort.

But did i not read somewhere that there was an earlier release planned of full stroke Pebble Beach, in conjunction with the Golf Channel??

crazycorey44:

I woke up this morning to find we had another new course. I went straight to my favorite, and 99% of all WGT player's favorite, alternate shot,  to set up a game on the new Pinehurst #2 course to have a ball playing. To my surprise, I see they have added it as another CTTH/closest to the hole course again!!!!! What is up WGT? Add more stroke/alternate shot courses, not CTTH. 99.9% of my friends don't even like CTTH or Blitz games. What a waste of time, money, and energy making it a CTTH course. Oh yeah and by the way, remember last year, in the WGT News letter, mentioning something about adding Bandon Dunes? When will that be coming out, and is it going to be another BORING blitz course? PLZ turn all the blitz courses we have NOW into stroke/alternate shot courses and do away with all the CTTH games all together. I bet you will see a lot more players playing on WGT, if you had more alternate shot, stroke, and match play courses, instead of mostly having CTTH courses. Players are bored of the choices you have for courses on alt shot games. I try to play a different alt shot course after every round, but after 3 months, they all seem to get old. I applaud you adding Merion as a stroke course, and I BOO that you added Pinehurst #2, Koele, Manele, Pebble Beach, Wolf Creek, and Edgewwod Tahoe as Blitz or CTTH only!!!!!!

• hobbe95
    812 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 7:37 AM

andwhy67:
    I woke up this morning

go back to sleep....

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 7:56 AM

Not my quote.!!

I suggest you look properly before you post dumb comments

just saying!!

hobbe95:

andwhy67:
    I woke up this morning

go back to sleep....

• gdubbombsit4bird
    73 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 8:15 AM

Yea totally agree with you Corey...CTTH play is lame and has always made no sense to me...I mean whats cool or even fun for that matter of getting the ball closest to the hole?...when it happens in normal play..my reaction is always ..grrr..dag nabit....))..(closest descriptions could think of..ha)...and besides..the whole frikn object f the game..get the ball in the hole...CTTH is weak AND pointless WGT...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:05 AM

courteneyfish:

May for Pinehurst 2, full course. As mentioned many times. Bandon Dunes par 3 and full Pebble Beach to follow. 

Pebble Beach in 2019 courteney ... it's listed in future courses under the USGA Championship Zone tab ... unless of course they plan on substituting it for Oakmont next year, like they substituted Oakmont for Pebble in 2010.

:-)

What's blah about trying to win a 500 dollear USGA giftcard either as the tournament leader or by lucking out and nabbing the sweepstakes prize? I ask ...

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:13 AM

donsprintr:
    Pebble Beach in 2019 courteney ... it's listed in future courses under the USGA Championship Zone tab ... unless of course they plan on substituting it for Oakmont next year, like they substituted Oakmont for Pebble in 2010.

Would check that, l'm sure there's forum posts 'out there' that have mentioned full strokeplay at Pebble, before 2019, due to something involving the Golf Channel.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:19 AM

Might want to read em again . All they mentioned was a full partnership DEAL expanding upon the then current arrangement. Nothing was mentioned about Pebble's full course being released shortly ... it's a case of people reading their own particular meaning into a news item. Which is not surprising considering the current trend of subjectivism that is rampant into today's society. Just saying ...

RSS