Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating 101 Is it Out There?

Fri, May 29 2015 4:54 PM (72 replies)
  • TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:29 AM

Jerm.   This came directly from wgticon..  Seems  even high stakes ready-gos  could be subject to posting a video some day.       Hope your outta that spiPhone-free zone by then  Checking your stats  seems you really like those ready-gos    Goodluck  Donnie

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:29 AM

Hey Buggyyy, FYI. Some of us not very good players have been here for years, and put in countless hours too. Needed to point that out, LOL. I don't think many players have more fun than me and really enjoy their friends. That's what I found when I discovered this game. If I make a putt from over 5 feet, my friends think someone else made it for me, but they never think I'm cheating. I still don't use any gadgets at all, not even a scale for putts. I'm totally old school, take a look, think for a few seconds and let it go. I have never taken the time to map courses, take notes, practice over and over and over. I have had countless shots that I thought were screwed by vem or whatever, lost balls that should not have been lost, etc. Bottom line. I am what I am solely of my own accord. My stats and score history speak for themselves. I truly believe I am as good as I'll ever get and I can live with it. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:38 AM

This thread could be a case study for Psychology 101.

No doubt cheating happens in the game but that does not make the top players cheats.

The lack of knowledge and ignorance of the workings of this game displayed by some of the accusers is frankly astounding.

So, not even being aware of their own lack of knowledge they have no way to improve their game. They then look at the top players scores and believe them to be impossible. 

Now we have frustration and jealousy added to lack of knowledge and skill. This is where the ego takes over and goes looking for reasons outside of the 'self'.  They MUST be cheating is the answer they arrive at.

Here's what they are really missing - FAIRWAYS AND GREENS.

• Catesharkette2
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:48 AM

putting breaks //

With the exception of Gold's, I have seen not 1 person here ever talk about the putting break in any detail whatsoever, and never have I seen anyone ever break down the putting break and get into the minutiae details of putting

no u may not have but i have actually found the formula after months off playing and reading breaks on putts as long as 100 foot lil breaks big breaks  curve ball breaks u name them and its all done with brain power and no godam software but for now i will only share this information with my cc members when im good and ready and just fine tune some errors in my findings when i post the true reading of wgt putting breaks

cate sharks cc x

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:59 AM

Catesharkette2:
    i will only share this information with my cc members

I...MUST.....RESIST...   You should have done that a couple of weeks ago Cate!

Don't forget your pals, with this knowledge I could go from hack legend to the dizzying heights of absolutely average legend.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:18 AM

I'm pretty sure everyone who scores better than me in a round is a cheat ;-)

or i should try to decrease my stat of playing 75.3732% of my rounds drunk or on the way to drunk

ROCKY

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:25 AM

Catesharkette2:

putting breaks //

With the exception of Gold's, I have seen not 1 person here ever talk about the putting break in any detail whatsoever, and never have I seen anyone ever break down the putting break and get into the minutiae details of putting

no u may not have but i have actually found the formula after months off playing and reading breaks on putts as long as 100 foot lil breaks big breaks  curve ball breaks u name them and its all done with brain power and no godam software but for now i will only share this information with my cc members when im good and ready and just fine tune some errors in my findings when i post the true reading of wgt putting breaks

cate sharks cc x

Whether it's brain power, or brain power coupled with software to assist in recall, bottom line it's effort, the software only performs the same function of recall, it's not some magic bean. But as you are suggesting, the greater community is not interested in getting better nor deserve it.

Most of the accusers come on for 30 minutes a day or so, play a tourny, get their a$$es kicked and start screaming cheater.

Bottom line, no effort, no results, you get back what you put into it, that simple, that easy.

To be honest, truthfully, I have more respect for the cheaters then most of the accusers, at least the cheaters are making a half a$$ed effort to improve.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:34 AM

Steve2golf:

These threads always amaze me, never is it asked, what did you find was the best way to get better was? Always assumed that you are a cheater if you get better and do well. Not once is it assumed that the person might of put in some really hard hard work to figure this game out.

Nope, you are a cheater if you refuse to post a video.

I have spent 2 years building my own wgt tool, only a rare miniority tinnie tiny % can even come remotely near the level of effort I myself have put into getting better at this game.

Below is a screen shot of the tool I have spent 2 years on, as it progressed, so did I.

With the exception of Gold's, I have seen not 1 person here ever talk about the putting break in any detail whatsoever, and never have I seen anyone ever break down the putting break and get into the minutiae details of putting.

So take a hard look, imagine what I have done with wind, rough, bunkers and club distance as well.

Imagine it, because this site is full of 99% a$holes and I would never share it with 99% of anyone, especially since it took me 2 years to build, and even as of today, I spend a minimum of 2 hours per day working on and fine tuning my program.

So as far as I'm concerned WGTLS can FCK right off, and the same goes for many people here.

In addition, If I ever have any intention of proving I'm not a cheater, I will move to Iraq.

By the way on the WGTLS cheater tool, I was green the whole way and the whole time, more then I can say for them themselves.

Wow!. That is sweet.  I like your thinking.  I have an Excell spreadsheet that i input the detail and using altered formulas i found in the forums for wind, distance, elevation, the spreadsheet gives me the desired club and percent power to use.  It also suggest the putter to use with percentage. The only thing it doesnt do is breaks on putting green (maybe you can help me here?). The spreadsheet basically does what most people do in their heads anyway so i dont consider it cheating, It just does it faster which benefits everyone.  I have spent several hours tinkering with it, but obviously not near what you have spent. lol.

As far as breaks, I found that on any putt 10feet or more, you can use this simple formula/assumption using reverse view;     For fast moving dots, the break is one full square for every 10 feet of distance.  so that means for a 40 foot putt that has fast dots throughout, the break is 4 squares. so from reverse view, move the aiming marker left/right 4 squares.  Of course, if the dots move at different speeds then you have to break the formula into segments.  I classify dot speed as very fast, fast, medium, slow, very slow.   so a 40 foot put that has fast dots for 20 feet and medium dots for 20, then the break will be 3 squares left/right.  Of course, you have to get close to Ding, if not ding it.   This "formula" is especially good on very long putts where you're not really expecting to make it, but just want to be close.  Being a foot away on a 100 foot putt attempt is still a great shot in my book.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:39 AM

The so called "cheating" seems to me to be nothing more than someone willing to put in the additional effort (work) of using what can be used to provide better play. It is simply another available tool one can use if time & brain co-operate. I'm too lazy and lame to pursue self-made programs because of my love of "just hitting the ball" with the good luck factor coming around once and a while...just like real golf. Any program will still require wgt knowledge and skill, and if someone receives pleasure from it I say "cool".

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:35 AM

Catesharkette2:
    With the exception of Gold's, I have seen not 1 person here ever talk about the putting break in any detail whatsoever,

Then you havnt looked very hard. STC posted his version a couple years ago, and before that Niv also posted one. STC links to Nivs in his forum post so you can read both. They are very detailed and you wont learn from a better player than StoneColdKiller. He won back to back US Opens here.

Heres the Forum post for you. 

RSS