Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating 101 Is it Out There?

Fri, May 29 2015 4:54 PM (72 replies)
  • TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 7:56 PM

Most of you that have been here a long time and have heard it all about cheating.  That is not what this post entails completely.  This Post is to put an idea out there to WGT and some of the other Top Players out there who have put in the time and effort give us the fun and competitive game in which we all love.  

Right now there is alot of belief that some of the Top Players have found a way to somehow cheat the game by using some auto-software to either ding the meter or slow the meter down in hopes of catching the ding easier. 

Before I get to the idea I have I want to  first say I have been a video golf gamer over 22 years.  I have played all sorts of golf games.  Starting far back in 1992 with a game called PGA TOUR for Sega.  By far WGT is the most competitive and challenging of them all.    Point being I to know how it feels to have mastered a game I will never forget the first time I birdied all 18 holes on TPC SAWGRASS.   I felt as If I finally mastered the game.   Now a days that happens here.  Players will bird all 18 holes during tourneys.  Some even better  they will shoot 21 or 22 under all birds with 2 or 3 eagles mixed in.   I can see where this may lead some of the players to believe that the game has lost some of its integrity and that cheating must be going on.   

The Idea is this:  Using an Iphone Video to prove your not cheating. 

Doing an Iphone video will prove who the real players are. And the ones who are cheating wont even enter the Big Tourneys,    Because they wont want to  post a video of there gameplay.     Streaming live games is   tough on the meter.  But as long as you don't mind playing with someone looking over your shoulder.     Than an Iphone Video is something available now and should be implemented to keep the integrity of these big prize trip tourneys.

Most all the top golf gamers on here are diehard for the game and surely have access to be able to play and have a friend or family member who can  video there qualifying rounds by standing behind them while there playing.     Then they can  post it with your scorecard to WGT for all to see.    Someone already showed how they can post the full stream of a  video I saw it on the forum post.   

Example:   The Trans Classic going on right now.   The 1st round is unlimited so let players shoot there 1st rounds  with no problems or videos.   Then after the cut down to the top 70 players.    Those top 70 players have to post a video of there final single play round.  Proving no software was used.   This is not something I recommend for all tourneys  Just a few times a year  during the Big Prize tourneys.   Again any Top Player on here is an obvious computer savy  person and could pull this off easy.  As there are some game sites who have implemented this already for there Top Cash Tourneys.   

To Finally Silence those who say these Top Tourneys are being cheated  I hope WGT  takes my idea  and runs with it.   No Charge  LoL    Goodluck Guys      Donnie 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:18 AM

Donnie, I'm opposed to this idea for two reasons:

1.  Anything involving video can be faked, edited and otherwise manipulated.

2.  It's based on the presumption of guilt instead of the presumption of innocence...as in "guilty until proven innocent."

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:30 AM

Many of the top players have already recorded their rounds to show how to shoot low scores in high winds, etc.

I think if you'd watch those vid's, you'd notice putting is the key, not hitting the ding 100% of the time, but making 15-20 footers when on the green, chipping/pitching in for bird or eagle.

I'm sure some cheat, but I also feel many of the top players don't.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:37 AM

I understand cheats are out there. But I don't believe all the top players are using them. What they they achieve is down to a huge skill, and loads of dedication to the game.

Maybe some do, I don't know. But all of them? (or most of them) I believe not.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:57 AM

Personally I don't think the really big names are cheats, these players just know the game inside out, exactly how the ball is going to react to any shot from any distance.  And of course they can putt.

I'd be inclined to look slightly lower down the tier tree for the real cheats, the ones taking the prizes in the lower tier Ready Goes every time they enter.  These may be using software, maybe they aren't but I bet my left, hell, I bet both nuts they have been around a lot longer than their current profile has and know more about the game than those they're up against.  Obviously I'm not saying every pro or amateur tier RG is won by a cheat but if you look around a bit there are plenty of very dodgy wins happening.

In my opinion this is where the major league cheating is going on.

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:34 AM

Its funny because the OP is a known multi-accounter  : ^)

• grumpyolddom
    384 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:49 AM

mkg335:
    .  It's based on the presumption of guilt instead of the presumption of innocence...as in "guilty until proven innocent."

I think that this is based on the fact that if you have nothing to hide why object?? 

I noticed a score of 18 in a nine hole game! And a 36 in a 18 hole game for one of the top players. This has to be par 3 courses but that means that in the 18 hole game 18 drives were hit perfectly or close enough to make a bird with no wind surprises or bad bounces or tricky rolls.   Or were holes in one.  And 18 putts were made exactly right not one coming up short or 1 breaking more than expected? I am by no means a great player or even a very good player but I know that you could be a fighter pilot with lighting quick reflexes and exception hand eye coordination but something unexpected always happens in this game. So my conclusion and the conclusion of a lot of other players here is there is SOMETHING going on. Some form of cheating?

This players stats say that  his average distance from the pin is 3 yards. Average means some closer some farther away. So lets say everyone of these 18 shots were within 10 feet. His average of putts made from 5 to 10 ft is a little less than 20 %. But this round he got hot and made 100% did not slide one by or miss read a break?? Don't people think that something is going on?

I know that people will again attack this idea of cheating going on. But in this game with all the talk about VEM and deviation and WTF shots people should know  or at least suspect that certain players are just too good and have found a way, to overcome these problems with this game. 

Call it what you want but don't try and convince me that it is not happening!! And as long as it is happening in games that are played just for fun. I don't really care. But when this knowledge or loophole is used to become a top money winner or take credits from unsuspecting players or win big tournaments than WGT should do something about it! Think video recording the finals of big tournament is a step in the right direction. 

Who would it hurt if they have nothing to hide!!

JMHO.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 1:10 PM

My house and friends are spiPhone-free zones.  Better put that thinking cap back on.

If you want an analog solution....find a buddy that lives in the same city as me....have them buy me a burger and a couple of beers....and I`ll play live in front of them for you.

Then again.....DILLIGAF?  (and do any of the top players give one either?)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:44 PM

grumpyolddom:
    This has to be par 3 courses but that means that in the 18 hole game 18 drives were hit perfectly or close enough to make a bird with no wind surprises or bad bounces or tricky rolls.   Or were holes in one.  And 18 putts were made exactly right not one coming up short or 1 breaking more than expected?

Absolutely correct .. that's exactly what it means.    And when you play over 10,000 games ... for 4 years ... most of then on the same few courses --- there are lots of folks who can do it.   Not me .. but lots of them.   

Could folks be cheating .. yes.   But asking folks to prove they are not cheating, well I just don't think it makes much sense.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:17 PM

I average 12 feet from the pin but have only shot a 40 on the par three course. Been playing for over six years and never win anything but never play for creds and I'm 50 years old LOL. If I can do that at my age then you know for sure those men and women can shoot lower than that. 

I wouldn't know how to cheat and my biggest problem is that six inches between my ears that cost me those two shots. My putting % is only 56.70, someday maybe if I keep playing I'll do better! If ya can't putt you can't score in this game, it's all in the flat stick! Losing and crying about it just shows how weak a person is! 

I don't think anyone has any reason to prove anything to you the OP JMO! I do agree there are some players using something but not the top players, those players are just great players! 

RSS