Forums

Help › Forums

New upper tiers.

Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:12 PM (54 replies)
  • GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:39 AM

I have said and now repeat that WGT knows EVERYTHING about the accounts I have tried and dropped and requested they be deleted outright, leaving only in the end my current GL57 account. I am hiding nothing and abide by the strictest fairness principle (I have never entered a tournament under different accounts, NEVER). So why are you going on and on about this. Please drop it and move on.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:07 AM

As for people questioning my condition, that I shared with everyone candidly and accurately, I find it somewhat annoying. Why on earth are they so morbidly suspicious? I have nothing to hide because I have nothing to be ashamed of. Everything is out in the open, including the said condition that inspires in me not the slightest self-pity, and which I accept serenely, despite the hardships. To be more precise, I broke my neck in a diving accident at the age of 17 at the level of the 5th cervical vertebrae, which means that I am indeed a quadriplegic with extremely limited arm movement. So there, now you know. 

Could we simply get along and go back to enjoying the game?

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:17 AM

And finally, for you restless souls, here is a transcript of my email to WGT.

To: members@worldgolftour.com
    Sent: Wed, Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm
    Subject: Important and final request, much easier to grant.

First, let me start by saying that I don't remember ever being passionate about a game as much as I am about your golf game, which feels so delightfully real. In truth, it doesn’t feel as though I am playing a video game (which is the case with Tiger Woods Online, that I dislike), but as tough I am playing a sport; namely, golf. I love it to distraction, all the more as I am now physically disabled, and it is my only opportunity to experience something close to what I experienced when I was still physically fit, or rather very athletic, a passionate sportsman. And so, for filling my semi-retired life with such an enjoyably challenging experience, I thank you very sincerely.

Now, you should know that throughout my golfing career at WGT, I have had more than one account for the sake of variety, while respecting flawlessly your code of ethics, according to which a player shall never enter a tournament under different names. Neither have I ever entered a tournament under the pretense of being less than a master, which I have been for some time. This would be shameful, and I will have none of that.

Between those accounts, I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars to buy and enjoy just about every piece of equipment in your Pro Shop. It’s been a world of fun, and again I thank you for that. In fact, my pouring money into your game is in part an expression of gratitude and support.

Among the said accounts, there are the odd ones that I created and abandoned almost immediately after realizing that I did not like the name I chose or the look of it (your game is beautiful, hence in this context aesthetic appeal is in my eyes paramount). My latest account, LGOLF (with email : lgolf1957@mail.com) is a disappointment, as your new – in my opinion partly misguided – Pro Shop policy is making it impossible for me to buy suitable equipment in a timely fashion as I advance through tiers considerably faster than I do through levels. That is why I initially requested in a previous email that you transfer all my master equipment from my GGLG2010 account (which I want to delete without unfortunately having the option to do so) to this new LGOLF account.

Yet, upon serious consideration, I have decided otherwise. Forget about this new LGOLF account; delete it outright together with the GGLG2010 account and keep my credits and my equipment with my compliments.

Lastly, let me come clean on the said other accounts, which I no longer want. Again, I would have liked to have the option to delete them myself at my end, to avoid cluttering your server and imposing on you, but that option did not exist, much to my regret. So indeed delete them outright and keep my credits and my equipment with my compliments.

1) funstuff (with email : funstuffgm@gmail.com). I know, you just reactivated it, I’m sorry about that, but the LGOLF account was created while waiting for a response and thinking that perhaps the funstuff account was deleted and forever lost.

2) LGOLFUN (with email : laurentgrenier@rogers.com).

3) LGOLFAN (with email : lgrenier@mail.com).

4) LGolf10 (with email : JLagace74@gmail.com). Note : Lagacé is my mother’s maiden name, and Joseph is part of my birth name; i.e., Laurent, Roch, Joseph Grenier.

So my only active account will be GL57 (with email : glaurent57@gmail.com). At first, I had given up on it after some persistent access problem with my given email, as this made it impossible for me to enter a country club, but then I discovered that this email can be changed, and everything fell into place.

Kindest regards.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:44 AM

Alright... credibility restored... but you are still a silly goose!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:46 AM

You wrote this book GL57?

A Reason For Living:
    The worst tragedy was my failure to appreciate the abilities that had survived my diving accident, while I grieved over those that had not. These surviving abilities enabled me, with time and effort, to attain a new happiness, more intellectual and spiritual than physical, more human in comparison to the old one.

I'm embarrassed I ever once complained about my inability to ding the meter.

And you wrote this on your profile status?

"I am admittedly slow as a turtle; so I don't play multi-player games to avoid the timer, only single-player games and tournaments. Hence no friends."

WGT, we need a multi-player game with a no timer option ASAP so GL can fully enjoy this game in multi-player mode.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:04 AM

Yes, I -- the "silly goose" lol -- am the author of that book among others.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:19 AM

No timer would be sort of unreasonable.

I think anyone could play their shot in 3 minutes(?), so that should be the maximum setting.

I don't know maybe it takes GL five minutes?  How long does it take you to take a shot, GL?  A long shot... like your longest out of an entire round.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:02 AM

Longest, jee, I don't know, but a 3 minute limit would be more manageable. For most players, I would still be annoyingly slow. So playing solo in tournaments is still my most comfortable option for competing against others (tho recently, at my new Legend tier, with far back tees and super fast greens, and my crazy fast meter clubs, my play is nothing worth displaying lol. I grieve over my long dead regular 31s or 30s, frequent 29s, occasional 28s, and rare 27s, but to tell the truth those scores did not feel real, whereas my recent ones -- however frustrating it is to have a beautiful string of birdies voided by meter slips and costly bogeys -- do. Look at Tiger Woods, he's lucky if he makes par these days. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:01 PM

Man seeing stuff like this just pisses me off.  Sorry GL, not saying I dont believe you, but it just complete irks me that it was so easy for this guy to have 5 accounts and knowingly know its in violation.  I cant believe how fricken easy it is to have multiple, and I bet he didn't open from 5 different IP addresses.  I know the time stamps on stuff are set to Pacific, and GL could have sent that email from the Eastern Time, but it still doesn't do much for me, you posted first on the 10th on this account and that email was time stamped on the 15th at a time after you posted that WGT were already aware of this.

I wish no ill will to you, it sounds pretty legit (thats not for me to decide), but it still just pisses me off to no end how many multi accounts there are.  Pretty sure that when my credits run dry thats it for me in this game (it will be a while) until they can show us that multi accounts are not possible.

I am starting to get more bitter to this game, I still enjoy it, but much less with each passing day, and that sucks because the game itself is pretty solid.  I have also come to agree with many how completely BS the term "Beta" is.  The list grows:

1) Beta

2) Levels

3) Same clubs as other tiers but playing from ridiculous tees make the tournament areas of the game obselete for a while

4) Multi accounts

5) Sandbaggers

sigh

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:06 PM

GL57:

That is what I just said I already did, very openly and truly. So please relax. All is fair and square.

:-)

My post was in response to griffygriff, not you.  Quoted the T&C, so he could make his decision.  Sorry if you felt like I was piling on.

neildiamond11790:
    I wish no ill will to you, it sounds pretty legit (thats not for me to decide), but it still just pisses me off to no end how many multi accounts there are.  Pretty sure that when my credits run dry thats it for me in this game (it will be a while) until they can show us that multi accounts are not possible.

I'm with you neil, and I doubt they will ever get a handle on multi account holders or cheat software users.  Just don't believe they have any way of stopping these individuals.

RSS