Forums

Help › Forums

New upper tiers.

Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:12 PM (54 replies)
  • griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 6:02 AM

Doe's anyone out there know, if its against the rules to close an account and reopen one in a different name. I understand having two accounts at the same time is not allowed, but i can't see why closing one to open another would bother wgt.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:37 AM

JerryBMF is absolutely right. I gave up on a previous Legend account for various reasons and opened this one. Anyway, rest assured that I have never cheated (what's the fun in that???), nor have I ever or will I ever enter a tournament under different names. It's against WGT's code of ethics, and I respect that flawlessly. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,483 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:03 PM

I would think that it would be okay to close an account and start up a new one, might want to ask one of the WGT moderators first though.  Under the new tier system, a new account owner can't buy new equipment until they level up so I'm not sure of the advantage of closing and account and starting a new one.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:08 PM

You should know that WGT has been informed by yours truly of my action and account switch. No secret, no nonsense. As for the new system discouraging the opening of a new account, you are shrewdly right, but I got saved by the Sept, sale. Phew!

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:40 PM

griffygriff:

Doe's anyone out there know, if its against the rules to close an account and reopen one in a different name.

Per the T&C, you need to contact WGT if you would like to open a new account.

T&C:
    Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts. Your account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player account to access WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT), participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player account.

Good Luck...

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 2:10 AM

That is what I just said I already did, very openly and truly. So please relax. All is fair and square.

:-)

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:32 AM

Oh yes, and for the record, I am not that good. I am a near 54 years old quadriplegic who is having the hell of a time with the crazy fast meter of the new master clubs, in combination with the GI-SD balls to deal with the Legend tees and extra distance. Check my latest scores; they suck, lol.

That is why I pray that WGT will at long last issue some G12-SD balls (or better).

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:19 AM

Hmm...

http://www.wgt.com/members/GL57/default.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/members/LGOLF/default.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/members/GGLG2010/default.aspx

I don't know what you're up to, sir, but if LGOLF is also your account (and it almost assuredly is, seeing as how the profile descriptions are essentially the same, LGOLF's being: "I play solo, to avoid the timer, hence no play buddies." ), DO NOT play RG's under two accounts.  Although I technically broke the rules two weeks or so ago in an attempt to switch over to a new account so I could avoid the penalties of the legend tier, I did WGT the favor of not playing any rounds on this account while I was leveling up my second account, (which they later deleted anyways.)

WGT will probably delete all of your accounts except for one, but you need to not do this in the future... lol.

I also am quite curious as to how a quadriplegic is able to play this game, seeing as how quadriplegia means that you are unable to use all four limbs of your limbs properly.  I think you are suffering from some sort of condition, but I am sort of skeptical that it's quadriplegia!

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 6:14 AM

Charlmagne wrote:

"I also am quite curious as to how a quadriplegic is able to play this game, seeing as how quadriplegia means that you are missing all four limbs.  I think you are suffering from some sort of condition, but I am sort of skeptical that it's quadriplegia!"

LOL......Quadraplegic/paraplegic are terms used to describe the medical condition for a person who has been paralysed due to a spinal cord injury...has nothing to do with "missing limbs"... 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 6:25 AM

Sorry.  A paraplegic is someone that has "bad" (but not "missing") legs, and a quadriplegic is someone who has both arms and legs that are "bad" (but not "missing.")

So they are not missing (edited my previous reply to correct that,) but he said he is a QUADriplegic, (and I would hope that a sufferer of a condition would know the name of it,) so he has claimed that it isn't only a problem with his legs -- it includes his arms.

Now, if he is truly suffering from something along those lines, my sympathies go out to him, but seeing as how he has at least three accounts, and he has been playing RG's on at least two of them simultaneously, I am sort of questioning the accuracy of his statements.

RSS