Forums

Help › Forums

As Promised... More Starter Club Tests

Mon, May 5 2014 12:41 PM (52 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 4:08 PM

Well Shoe, the games are over now, by 2 days on my end. What is your assessment on the games, and can you give us a run down on how we all did? Cheers Shoe.

Jimmy.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 5:03 PM

Standard Green Speed

64 entered and 37 finished

Average score for those 37 players was 40.56

Low score was tied between 3 players at 35

Uneven Lies

46 entered and 30 finished.

Average score for those 30 players was 44.16

Low Score Corwyn at 36

Crazy Green Speed

43 entered and 27 finished

Average score for those 27 players was 47.86

Low score was Wigertoods2010 at 41

So pretty much what was expected.  I think with the starter clubs from a closer tee you will see the scores get under par.  Look for us to start using this format type of required clubs in the near future.  I am just in the process of getting them to make it so these can be non ranked rounds.  This way we can post them for everyone and no one has to worry about their averages.  Thank you again.

- WGTdbloshoe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 6:42 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    This way we can post them for everyone and no one has to worry about their averages

Screw the averages, they mean squat...how about you heaad back to the power that be, and get them to give us real averages?

Even averages over the past 50-100-200 rounds...I was so let down after making TL, and got saturated...

That said, anyone can quit if it might affect their precious "average".

Sorry if I sound harsh, long day;)

PS...fun stuff...and Corwyn cheats!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 4:40 AM

Ha, ha, ha Bags! Funnily enough, a good friend just told me if I kept doing well in these UEL tourneys, I'd be called a cheater!

I might have guessed it would be you, lol... It's the ultimate badge of honor, I suppose. I think Cerino said once he was hoping to get good enough to be called a cheat. The sign that you've finally made it!

Seriously, sorry to have pipped you by a stroke here. I think I got a pretty good wind set on the UEL version, especially at the end, into some wind on #8, and a tail on #9.

And I agree with you on the averages. I certainly don't care about mine. I suppose one day I'll want to try and reach TL, but at my rate of 1 to 1.5 rounds a day max, it's going to take so long anyway it's not worth losing sleep over.

I am excited to hear the implication that these tourneys will be posted for everyone, i.e. in the game client. I hope that will mean a section for 'Special Tourneys' or 'Restricted Equipment Events' to make it clearer that these are different. And that we'll also see some variation, such as Club Set ones (e.g. Blades, G20s etc as well as Starters), and some regular different meter events too (like the 3-click one a few months back). Variety is good!

---------

Shoe: Any answer on my question about deadlines? How can one know exactly when this type of forum-posted tourney finishes?

• Ianzzz
    6,346 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 5:33 AM

Like the idea about getting them into the main list but my one snag with Corwyn's suggestion about different club sets is that not many have several sets, but everyone has the starter ones. Not many will spend out on a set just to use them once or twice.

I do agree about not worrying about averages, the longer anyone plays, the less they mean anyway.

Ian

• hobbe95
    812 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:11 AM

stats dho  most of us have 500+ games as tour legend

• Thunderhawk7
    63 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 8:07 AM

I am sorry I missed this!!!  I would have loved to participate!!!!  I will try to keep my eye out for the future ones...and no my average will not keep me from playing even if it counts.....I am bummed!!!!  I would have loved to have tried this format...

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 9:11 AM

Was fun Shoe, thank you for putting them together. Any way to be notified when these things are going on? I stumbled across them by accident.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 10:35 AM

Well, you can count on me for making the average easier for the rest of you to hit. I used the starter balls along with the starter clubs and posted 

45 - Standard greens

48 - Crazy green speed

52 - Uneven lies.

I really enjoy playing these. I don't concern myself with stats too much and I take finishing every round I start seriously. Please keep them coming!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 1:44 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Standard Green Speed

64 entered and 37 finished

Average score for those 37 players was 40.56

Low score was tied between 3 players at 35

Just thought those players who shot such a great score really deserve a named mention, Jerm65 (who used lvl75 Nikes), ColumbusStorm (who used the snow ball), and in particular DaveDwingdale, who used the starter 'rock' ball, in shooting their 35s.

And it was fun to see one of the true greats, BiB, participating in this (he came in with a 36)!

And for the record, the 'Standard' green speed version of this, may have been standard in comparison to IconFast for the Crazy speed, but both this one and the UEL one were actually Tournament speed greens, a significant thing to note in trying to get approach shots anywhere close with these clubs.

RSS